Goz-9 Auto-workers reloaded

Pre-flight – Why do we have all these workers working alone?! Oh :blush: that’s part of the variant. Go back and read the rules. Do some serious MM’ing.

IBT – ToG=>Mag
760 - Mag is due in 5 after MM and slider adjustment.
780 – Drag Hammi to the peace table and he throws 100G into the deal.
790 - Upgrade a horse. Start setting up for war with Arabia.
800 -
IBT – Hammi wants an MPP. No thanks. Enter the IA. Go for steam with a surplus. We are not that far behind. Only Arabia has steam.
810 – Penetrate into Arabia for some geographic intel.
820 – Start a cav upgrade program. We’re up to six cavs and the cav army.
IBT – The Arabs and the Yanks sign an MPP. Which causes the Americans to declare on the Babylonians.
830 – Another upgrade.
IBT – Yanks declare war on their allies the Arabs. And you thought our workers were :smoke:
We get this bad news:

840 – Upgrade our last cav for a while and bump science up to get steam in 17 with positive cash flow.
850 – Last set up for war.

Here is a plan for the initial assault:

Having options is always important for a commander so I have tried to give the next player several.

First, taking Tsingtao must be the first objective due to the saltpeter right next door. I hope that is their only source. There are five cavs within striking distance of that city. Fight west to east with your units.

If things go well, Anjar needs to be objective number two due to the iron nearby. There is an army and four cavs south of there. Again fight north to south with your units.

Finally if there are any units left over, go for Xinjian. This will probably autoraze we have a settler ordered up to replace it.

May the gods of war and the RNG be with you.

Save: http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads10/Goz9,_850_AD.SAV

Preturn, 850 AD (200):
We own 32 cities, 19% world land and 32% world pop, 29 workers, 11 spears, 8 horses, 11 cavs, 9 cannons, 12 trebs, 3 javs, and 1 army. Researching steam power at 30% science and 30% lux, due in 15 turns with +7 gpt. How about stopping it for a while to upgrade some units? I don't know how huge fans our smokers are for railroad! :lol:
The international situation is very interesting. Everybody is fighting everybody, except that Aztec and America share RoP and MPP. According to power and score, the strongest is America, who has 27% world area.
Techwise, every one knows all the optional techs of middle age and nationalism. Arabia knows steam power, and Babylon has medicine.
Since our military is weak comparing to any one, I don't want to split our forces. To move some artillery type units to Tsingtao needs 6 turns, and we don't have a single musket to get there. Therefore, I decide to rally all the artilleries and cavs near Xinjian and Anjar. It's slower, but we don't have many units to spare.
The only garrison of Beijing is a horse ... We badly need some defenders.
Renew our gem = incense + RoP deal with Abe, we get 8 gold.
Sell silk to Hammi for 191 gold.
Do a bunch of MM. For example, it should be better to let capital people work 3-commerce tiles than to hire scientists. Upgrade the heroic horse.
IT: Abe suggests to exchange territory map but wants us to pay 80 gold, no thanks.
Chitzen Iza cav -> musket, Uaxact settler -> aqueduct.

860 AD (201):
After playing civ 4, I hate MM much more ...
IT: Tikal musket -> musket, Calakmul aqueduct -> market.

870 AD (202):
Upgrade 1 spear to musket.
IT: Palenque musket -> musket, Lazapa musket -> musket, Bonampak market -> courthouse.

880 AD (203):
Found a city to catch a whale near Bangalore.

890 AD (204):
Upgrade 2 spears. A musket enters our SoD at last.

900 AD (205):
Prewar intel time:
Buy Monty's world map for our world map and 244 gold.
Hammi sells WM to us for WM and 21 gold.
Abe gets 19 gold from the same deal.
Abu gives us 36 gold for WM exchange. It seems that the salt near Tsingtao is indeed their only source.
Dogpile time:
Sign embargo vs. Abu with Abe. Then ally Abe to fight Abu, netting us 165 gold. We have agreed with America to punish Arabia. We declare war upon Arabia! Abe becomes gracious.
Embargo with Monty. Sell WM to them for 41 gold. Sign RoP.
The same with Hammi gets 14 gold.
Action time:
Cav army kills 2 regular rifles in Xinjian, losing 4 HP. A regular cav shows up as top defender. Our cav goes to attack, autorazes Xinjian, captures 3 slaves, and liberates 94 gold. Capture 2 slaves on a hill near Anjar. Move the scary SoD into the hill.
Upgrade 2 horses. Rush a settler. We have 2 gold left. :D
IT: A lot of smokers near front turtle into our cities. Our people want to build heroic epic and military acadmey, maybe we should ...
Chichen Itza musket -> musket. We get 2 palace expansions.
Two Arab cav approach to Beijing.

910 AD (206):
Redline 2 rifles and 1 cav in Anjar, capture it and see an Aztec citizen.
Army kills the 2 cavs near Beijing. Move SoD near Tsingtao.
Upgrade 1 horse.
IT: Arab rifle kills American cav. Babylon and Aztecs sign peace.
Hyderabad court -> duct.

920 AD (207):
Reduce the top defender in Tsingtao to a 2 HP rifle. Emm, let's wait for the other big guns next turn.
Found Dyes town to make people happy.
Army kills 1 HP rifle (who killed Abe's cav), then enters Beijing to heal.
Reduce lux to 20%. Upgrade 1 horse.
IT: A musket is killed by Abu's cav. An Arab galleon approaches near Jaipur.
Lahore musket -> musket.

930 AD (208):
Redline 2 rifles, autoraze Tsingtao for 90 gold and 3 slaves. The salt is still in Arab territory, because of Baghdad.
Elite jav thrower kills redlined cav, and generates a worker. :D
Automate the slaves, some of them run into Arab territory! ... :rotfl:
IT: Aztec cav dies in attacking a roaming Arab rifle in our territory, we will remember you! The Arab galleon doesn't drop anything.

940 AD (209):
March to Baghdad.
IT: A 2nd Aztec cav kills the roaming Arab rifle, thanks!
Copan cav -> cav.

950 AD (210):
Reduce the top defender in Baghdad to 2 HP rifle. Army kills 3 of these guys. Cav loses to the 4th. Cav kills it. Cav loses to cav. Cav kills cav. We capture Baghdad, liberate 138 gold, and control Bach's Cathedral! :beer: Move units in to quell the 9 resistors.
Shuffle cavs to prepare for the galleon near Hyderabad. Drop lux to 10%.

The next aim would be Mecca, which has hanging garden, Copernicus, and Newton! If we could rush FP there ...

Ababia is going to be toast soon. Some evidences are the American Basra and our brave slaves who run into Arab territory and successfully run out! :D

Attachments

• goz9_950ad.JPG
    goz9_950ad.JPG
    220.7 KB · Views: 221
Preturn- We look good, I decide to flip research back on though, Steam in 6.

IT- Lots of Aztec cav.

T1 960

Yikes, Baghdad has a 45% flip risk. I move all but a couple muskets out of the city.

IT- We quell a resistor, Aztecs take a city.

T2 970

Not much, we need to heal more before we try and attack.

IT- zzz

T3 980

We're healed enough, I send our forces towards Mecca.

IT- zzz

T4 990

Not much new, same old thing.

IT- Aztecs swoop in and whomp on Mecca, leaving only a 2hp rifle defending for us :D Of cours eto balance things out, Baghdad flips :mad:

T5 1000

It takes a sickening amount of dead cav, but we get Mecca. I move our units to protect Baghdad from Aztec attack until we can reclaim it.

Dear God, I just noticed that Mecca has 5 wheat and a cow available to it. No wonder they were the tech leaders.

IT- We learn Steam, head towards Electricity.

T6 1010

Not much.

IT- Aztecs nearly take Baghdad.

T7 1020

We finish the job at Baghdad, regaining Bach's.

IT- Americans take second to last Arabic city.

T8 1030

I just no realized that we have no coal :smoke: America has three extra though, so we get some for around 700g.

IT- zzz

T9 1040

Nothing much. Theres an Arabic cav next to Cuello, but nothing in the area to get it. We'll have to retake it.

IT- Arabs take the city, and the Aztecs swoop in and take it before we can. So we now have an Aztec city in the middle of our territory :lol:

T10 1050

I move our units, but we have a large unhappiness problem. I'll leave Goz to deal with it, as I have to leave to go home for Thanksgiving. Sorry about that :lol:

How did the Arabs get Cuello? I thought that was one of ours?

Pre-turn - Oh boy, is our land rotten or what :lol:

Move some stuff next to Damascus, Arabs last city so we can take it before Aztecs. To bad I can't sign peace, we could get Industrialization for huge gpt and then wait for Monty to kill them off. But we have an alliance with Abe and we need his coal.

Sort out cities, up luxes to 20% and 70% research at - 48gpt.

Rush the last few shields for a couple of courts to see how much they help us. Rush a settler as well.

Hey, found a settler sleeping in a town, send him out to squeeze something :)

1060AD - Courts do just about nothing, it's a waste of shields. Dzil-whatever can work 4 shields after court, compared to 2 before :rolleyes: I don't know what to build instead, maybe cannons are better.

Lagartero court earns a couple of coins and 2 shields, but it was shield-poor already.

We don't have a good town for FP either.

Take Damascus without losses, our only elite in the area didn't bring us luck. Arabs are gone.

Swap some courts to cannons, workers and settlers. We only have 30 native worker and some slaves, way too low.

1170AD - 1100AD - Nothing of interest, only MM-tasks and a few builds.

1110AD - We learn Electricity -> Industrialization.

Babs won't pay much for it. I make a deal though, get their Ivory and 320g, for Iron and 2 luxes. No gpt-deal, since we can't allow trashed rep now.

I make max research (100%) on Ind., due in 8t. If we get that first we will have a negotiating tech. Abe knows RP. After Ind. I have no clue, maybe AT if we can get Medicine.

Crap! I signed a new ROP and lux-deal 1080 or something, NOW I notice the landbridge on the map. Ah well, we're not exactly ready to fight Infantries yet and 17 turns from now we might be in a different postion. (I see a plan here, if we can build more military and then sign MPP with Aztecs/Babs and let Abe attack us, there might be a chance?) Plus, Basra, thaey stole from us have coal.

1120AD - Yep, Babs learnt Electricity IT. Hmm, tempting with a suicide economy to get 12gpt for salt from them and Monty scrambled up 23gpt for Electricity. Only 35gpt for all that, not fair enough.

1130AD - Monty joins Abe against Hammu. Not sure what happened here, aztecs gpt is gone, they might have bought something from america, who is getting stronger by the turns.

1140AD - So there. America learnt Ind., In 4 turns we might have a chance to grab a couple of techs.

Endturn - 3 turns to Industrialization.

With America and Aztecs going at Babs, we can expect Hammu to be gone soon. So if we can swing any deals, we should do so. I think rep will be hurt if the alliance take out the Babs, since I signed those deals?

gozpel said:
1060AD - Courts do just about nothing, it's a waste of shields. Dzil-whatever can work 4 shields after court, compared to 2 before :rolleyes: I don't know what to build instead, maybe cannons are better.

Court can also save gold, which could be used for coffer or lux. And if we switch to communism ...

gozpel said:
With America and Aztecs going at Babs, we can expect Hammu to be gone soon. So if we can swing any deals, we should do so. I think rep will be hurt if the alliance take out the Babs, since I signed those deals?

That's true. But we have a last resort: gift Hammu a city! :D
Doc T did this (to Hammu exactly) in 7+1, and it's a very smart move. :)
But now, since we import lux from them, maybe this deal will end when their resource is taken, and my reputation will be intact. However, it's still probably good to keep Hammu alive and lure Abe and Monty to stay in war mode.

On vacation (only brought civ4), wont be able to get it till sunday, switch/skip as neccessary.

That's true. But we have a last resort: gift Hammu a city!

Yep, that was brilliant and unfortunately I didn't make the game to the end. In this case though, we don't really have the need of a scientific Hammu. If anything, we would like to keep the techs down :) As like Abe would accept that?

But if you can convince the team and the reasons are good enough, we have a few locations we can protect.

Atm, all we can do really is to get the necessary techs for Inf. and tanks. Then somehow trick Monty into an alliance/MP against Abe. We have a great location N to kick ass and S it isn't too bad either, as Aztecs will take some punishment there.

But of course, we need those techs and a fair amount of units. That's why I wanted more cannons and why not use those silly trebs for disbandment as they cost too much to upgrade?

After dl's turnset it will be easier to set a goal, right now I'm only speculating.

Preturn 1150AD:
Started turnset thinking of ways to get out of that deal, decided to wait before making any decisions.
Feel Aztecs would be more attackable then America so move cannons and cav in position for next turnset.

Turn 1 1160AD:
Babylon didn't lose any cities, we might be ok for 14 turns.

Turn 2 1170AD:
Babylon lost a city:(.

Turn 3 1180AD:
Babylon lost another city:cry:.
Get Industrialization, America already has it, Aztecs and Babylon don't.

Turn 4 1190AD:
Cities riot, scroll ahead to fix, see that we lost a lux... wait Babylon is now American, they lost their last resource and canceled our deal :) now I don't care about them anymore. Checked to make sure, our rep is fine still.

Turn 5 1200AD:
Babylon is OCC, lower sci to 0 and change sci to taxmen
Trade Babylon 300+gpt and industrialization for 2 workers, WM, medicine and their cash.
Trade Aztecs medicine,industrialization,electricity for nationalism, economics, navigation, furs, WM and most of their cash, (needed all three techs for nationalism)
Trade Babylon 150+gpt for Communism

Turn 6 1210AD:
America killed Babylon :goodjob:

Turn 7 1220AD:
Aztecs declare on America :lol:

Turn 8 1230AD:
Coal deal ends, see a spot where we can squeze coal away from America above Basra (former Arabia), sent a settler towards there, we will need a quick temple there though, BTW America wants 87gpt for coal

Notes:
No change on the war yet, see random American and Aztec units fighting
Coorperation in 1, America doesn't have it yet, they do have RP though
We have Communism now, we should switch after rushing the temple
Changed a few builds to temples to fill in our land
We have deals with both sides of the war (although we are just reciving furs from Aztecs and Americas deals will be over in the next turnset), think we should wait to see how this war ends up.
Settler will be in place within 1 to 2 turns if we decide to go ahead with it (I know Gozpel will like the idea ;) )

We have Communism now, we should switch after rushing the temple

Can we afford 9 turns of anarchy, that's my only objection to a new gov?

Settler will be in place within 1 to 2 turns if we decide to go ahead with it (I know Gozpel will like the idea ;) )

How come you know me that well? Am I so predictable? :lol:

think we should wait to see how this war ends up.

Absolutely on the spot, we have to build up now and see who we can get the most of (after they wasted a bunch of mil-units). Abe is a danger as a tech-leader though, keep that in mind.

gozpel said:
Can we afford 9 turns of anarchy, that's my only objection to a new gov?

That's a price we have to pay, although kind of painful. Our production is simply too low, and we don't even have FP. Without the production boost of communism, it'd be too hard to build a sizeable military.

Are we going for ToE and Hoover?

How do we know how many turns of anarchy we're going to get? We might only get four or five. If that is the case then it will be worth it.

BTW, who's up?

Ok, let's try Communism then, we might be lucky. Only that in my experience, many towns -> heaps of anarchy turns. It doesn't matter though, we are pretty weak right now and the reduced corruption will get us going again.

Roster:

Kaiser_Berger
gozpel
dl123654 - Just played
Bugsy - UP
Heroes

Bugs, if you get those 8-9 turns of anarchy, just play extra turns if you feel like it.

Pre-flight – Change Chichen to the U.S. and MM to get 18spt. This will be the ToE pre-build. Change Lazapa to the palace and MM. This will be the Hoover pre-build.

IBT – Corp=>SciMeth.

1255 – Rush the temple. Overthrow the government and we get a six turn anarchy.

1260 =>1265 - I don’t understand the :smoke workers. We still have tiles to build railroads on and they are all sitting in the cities.

IBT – Our deal with Abe expires. I sell him corporation for coal, wine, spices, incense, chivalry, WM, 423G & 6 gpt. Now I understand why they were taking it easy.

1270 – All our lazy workers go back to work building railroads.

1275=>1280 Nada

IBT – we become the People’s Republic of Maya. The Aztecs are now in anarchy.

1285 – Abe now has SciMeth.

1290 =>1300 – Monty I starting to take it in the shorts. Be careful of any more deals with him. He may not be around too long to honor it.

We have some pretty good production now. We need to take advantage of it. Start thinking how we’re going to win this thing. I suggest space. Aztecs are now commie also.

Save: http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads10/Goz9,_1300_AD.SAV

Kaiser_Berger
gozpel
dl123654
Bugsy - Just played
Heroes - Up

Top Bottom