Goz-9 Auto-workers reloaded

Very sorry, but please skip me. I get very busy in the next week. Good luck for our comrades!

Sorry, been a bit busy.

KB is up, if you're too busy let me know and I can take it over the weekend.

Didn't save the write-up for some reason, but not much to write home about anyways. And I played 20 turns to take care of the gruelling job of building all necessary infra.

I tried to maximize growth and also build everything we lacked as fast as possible. Managed to build a bunch of libs, aqueducts, markets, harbors and unis.

We learnt Scientific Method and started ToE and I was hoping to get something to trade for, so I started research on Steel.

Seeing that Aztecs didn't lose too much ground against Abe, I sold them Corporation for 90gpt and some gold. So far he's still holding on, but lost a couple of towns on "our" side. I also renewed the american coal-deal and luxes for Steel.

I built FP in Mecca.

ToE is due next turn, take AT and Electronics, trade AT to America for Refining and start Combustion. We are in a good position and should start to build military again.

We have rubber btw as I researched RP myself, Abe was too greedy and I chosed coal and luxes and some gpt for the Steel-trade. Abe demanded a small donation at some stage, which of course he got.

Our empire is just about done regarding rails and lots of workers has gone to sleep :)

Anyone up for it can play, take 5 turns if that makes it easier, we're not in a hurry.

I'm knee deep in finals right now :coffee: , can take it but it will be a few days, playing now would be a :nono:, if someone else wants it first go ahead.

Because of the lack of activity of this game I played 20 turns:

Save

Got ToE (turn 1) and Hoover (turn 20).

After getting AT and Electronics Ran 100% science and got Refining (we have 1 oil), combustion and mass production (turn 20), MT in 6 at 100% sci. Still have 1200 with -250gpt.

Let all deals expire, squeezed coal and spices from America, he didn't mind.

America is down mass production and AT

Aztec is down much more, they are losing land and are down to their core cities we have one deal with them, I gave them a tech for a lux so no loss if they were to disappear.

Focused on infra but built many cav also for the time when Aztecs lose or America decides to take back their resources. We still need some inf and tanks as well, good thing most infra is done. Mecca seems to be our best city.

I played 20 to keep this thing moving along.

Preturn- We look ok, I change some cav builds to arty though, as we need it badly.

Summary

I continued a bit of the infrastructure build up, but did take big focus on military. We have 35 tanks now, including a tank army. Our cannons and trebs are pretty much all upgraded to arty. We built the Secret Police HQ and Wall Street, CIA is due in two. America has learned Flight and Motorized Transportation and we have gone modern. We're researching Ecology on the way to Synthetic Fibers. If we can get Modern Armor, its pretty much ensured victory. We should think about war with America soon though, as they are huge and quite powerful. Giving them the time to build a bunch of tanks doesn't seem a good idea.

Sorry about that, I just concentrated on getting the turns out as I'm still in the midst of final exams. I'll be done tonight, so perhaps I can make amends then.

A screeny, as requested. This shows our front with America, soon to become very active.

Attachments

• goz9-1600ad.JPG
    goz9-1600ad.JPG
    266.9 KB · Views: 124
I have it. I'll have it back up by Friday evening, Pacific Time.

Pre-flight – Rearrange several units for defense. Some MM. I’m thinking Abe is up to no good with his stacks of units in our lands. Check out this:

I take that back, I’m convinced Abe is up to no good. Let’s ask him straight up:

So that answers that.

So first we need to clean up our interior. Done.

Next we need to consolidate the fronts a bit. Let’s start at Najran. Bombard to red and attack:

Repeat at Huexotla, Canton, Basra, Medina, and Kufah. The map now looks like:

I call on Monty and bring him back into the war for Combustion. I empty his wallet, all of 1gpt and 13G.

And so ends the pre-flight. BTW, it doesn’t look like I’ll have this back tonight.

IBT – Lose a flak (a worthless unit in my opinion, in 2.5 years of playing this game I’ve never seen one shoot down a plane.) And the American move into a great kill zone.

1605 – Start by shelling the American SOD and Khurasan, then

IBT – Abe sends a mini-SOD of tanks next to Gozbah. We complete the CIA. Start on the Pentagon.

1610 – Wipe out that SOD and start clearing our southern mountain range of Yanks. We’ll gather up a SOD of our own and start marching on America next turn.

1615 – After much leader fishing, Eighteen Rabbit appears and rushes the Pentagon. Notice that Monty is folding quickly with the loss of a core city.

IBT – Abe wants to give us peace if we give him two slaves. No thanks. He will give us 500G for it though. Let’s wait. Plus Monty needs the support. Lose a pillaging Cav Army. Because of that we lose the Pentagon. :mad:

1620 – The Americans are in general retreat. Attack New Orleans without artillery support. And it is considerably more bloody.

Note the Yankee attack path at the top.

Attacking those tanks…

He forms an army and we restart the Pentagon. Use the new army to autoraze Las Vegas (SW of the horse colony) plus take out the horse colony

IBT – Lose the tank that was on the ruins of New Orleans. A fairly large SOD of infantry starts moving through the mountains again. We’ll need to gain control of those.

1625 – Start by shelling the mountain SOD and Hangchow. Attck Hangchow and decide to keep it.

Continue at Richmond

On to Tzintzuntzen

There aren’t any Aztecs there, so this might be a flip risk.

Rhine and repeat at Ixtapaluca

This time there is a very happy Aztec living there.

Found Vineland which gets us another lux.

Here is the strategic situation:

The Yanks have two cities on this side of Azteca. Those are now isolated and the attack route is blocked. There is the now stranded SOD in our mountains. Every one of those troops are wounded. Soon they’ll all be red-lined. We’ll pick them off as they come out looking to heal.

The only attack route will be the central route through Aztcapotzalco. That will become our central focus and we’ll allow the Aztecs to cover our southern flank.

To be continued…

IBT – In one of the great :smoke: moves of all time, Abe separates his most severely wounded mountain troops from the partially wounded. We lose some cavs in the mountains overlooking Aztcapotzalco. Abe is also getting good at using his bombers.

1630 – Take out the severely wounded stack, and shell the relatively healthy stack. At Tlalmanalco, we retreat from three battles, but eventually take the city, destroying two bombers.

Use our cavs at Xochicalco, but several end up at the glue factory.

I plant a spy in Washington for 84G. The intel: 6 workers, 1 musket, 1 rifle, 1 cav, 122 infantry, 6 tanks, 6 arty, 5 transports, 15 destroyers, and 13 bombers. Good news, no F-15s yet.

I should have done this long ago, but I check out how many sources of rubber and oil Abe has. He has one rubber and we can get to it next turn. Two sources of oil left and we may be able to take those out soon.

IBT – Just a lot of bomber action in the south and the far north.

1635 – We start out with this good news:

And the leader draught is definitely over.

And that is the end of the American SOD in our backyard.

Now I go searching for that bomber base. How about Teotihuacan?

No, just an artillery piece. Samarra?

Just one. Nineveh?

Just one there as well. Well there must have been more, since our military advisor reports that the Americans are down to seven bombers.

Over on the north side of the front we get this bad news.

I was hoping to keep it. Our automated workers now go crazy over all our new lands without any Yankees nearby.

To be continued…

IBT – We barely hold on at Nineveh. We now have the Pentagon.

1640 – Start hunting for more bombers. Malinalco?

There’s one. Our leader luck continues:

That’s another army.
Watch our workers smoke some more :smoke:

Does Akkad have bombers?

Another one. Uruk?

To be continued…

IBT – A single Yank cav is dropped off in the rear. Ecology =>Synth Fibers (due in 13)

1645 – San Diego is autorazed. Take a a small stack of American tanks approaching Uruk. Attack Nippur and…

Here is the front:

I have used our artillery to narrow the access of American units.

Same thing on the central front:

Abe is down to four bombers. Maybe one of our fighters can shoot one down. It appears he is concentrating his shields on tanks.

MM to get Synth Fibers in 12 turns with positive cash flow.

To be continued…

Top Bottom