Grand History of the Eagle Empire

Sparthage

Fighting Tyranny
Welcome to Eagles History 101! I am Professor Sparthage, and I will be teaching you of our national history as members of the Great Eagle Empire.

In 4000 BC, our ancestors were a nomadic people that had recently come together and collectively learned the secrets of mining, farming, and roadbuilding. We had also learned of creating ways to express ourselves through letters and the secrets of Bronze Metallurgy. Seeing a hill off in the distance that would offer the perfect defense for our people, our ancestors set out to build a city on that hill.

It took fifty years to build but finally, in 3950 BC, the city of Aerie was completed. It would become the capital of the new Eagle Empire that would soon expand.

Sometime around 3675 BC, a group of young men took an oath that they claimed had been given from the gods. This oath gave them Immortality, but would force them to serve until killed in battle or until they were released from their obligation. They formed the first ever military Division in the Name of the Eagle Empire, and set out to explore the world in the name of the gods.

Around 3350 BC, our ancestors began to make clay storage devices from the mud in the river near Aerie. This cultural mark coincided with the invention of a new concept. The concept was the storage of food. Since there were now storage units, some argued that the city should build a building that would contain many of these storage devices, in each individual unit, there would be wheat. This idea was not widely felt however, though plans were drawn up and saved in the palace in case anyone ever felt like building the actual storage building.

As the Eagle Empire grew, and reports of glorious lands came from the scouting warriors, a large number of the population grew curious about the lands to the north. They heard that there was another sea and that there were great beasts in the area. This intrigued the populace, and that curiosity led some to pack their belongings onto various extinct beasts backs. The settlers (as they were called) headed north with the intention of founding a new city that might even some day rival Aerie in splendor.

Just under 1,000 years after the beginning of the Eagle Empire, and 200 years after the migrations out of Aerie began, a new city was founded. This city was Tuscan Talon.

Tuscan Talon was named for its herds of Elephants that were to the Southeast of the new city. The people of this city worked hard to construct the city's buildings along the Big Branch River. Many people in this new city worked to the south in the Sugar Plantations between Aeirie and Tuscan Talon.

In 2550 BC, the citizens of Aerie rediscovered the blueprints of the food-storage building that had been etched onto a piece of pottery some 800 years earlier. The citizens and rulers of Aerie felt compelled to construct this building to help aid in the growth in the Eagle Empire's largest city. The construction took many years, but finally, the building was complete. The city would soon grow at very fast paced levels as much food could be stored in case an enemy or drought were to ever strike the city.

This will be my little project over the course of the game. I will add updates as they become necessary. This is not at all meant to replace the State of the Empire thread which shall continue.

FEEL FREE TO COMMENT

This post is to see summaries of major events and fates for each combat unit.

Army:
Current Units- Unit Type (Conscripts/Regulars/Veterans/Elites)
02 Warriors (0/2/0/0)
00 Spearmen (0/0/0/0)
Spoiler Warriors :
Sweet Feather (1st Warrior Division)-
3650 BC- Built in Aerie
Little Wing (2nd Warrior Division)-
2800 BC- Built in Tuscan Talon

Spoiler Spearmen :
None Yet

Navy:
Current Units- Unit Type (Reg/Vet/Elite)
01 Curraghs (1/0/0)
Spoiler Curraghs :
Curragh1-
2270 BC- Built in Tuscan Talon

Air Force:
Need Flight

Excellent idea, keep it up!

Especially when new players (hopefully) join later, this will be a good way to know what was happening earlier on in the game.

Excellent idea, keep it up!

Especially when new players (hopefully) join later, this will be a good way to know what was happening earlier on in the game.
Thanks, when I joined Team FREE in the MTDG I couldn't find any thread that summarized the history of the people as a whole without going through threads that had hundreds of posts. Hopefully people will continue to join, and hopefully all those reserved posts will be used (and maybe I'll even have to add some, which I wouldn't mind :)).

Ah, good. As we have a break in the format, I can slip in a message about what a great little project you've taken on here Team Captain. Bravo. I enjoy reading threads like these.

Thanks, when I joined Team FREE in the MTDG I couldn't find any thread that summarized the history of the people as a whole without going through threads that had hundreds of posts.
:confused:

Team FREE was in MTDG II, not I. (Team KISS, perhaps?)

And it did have a history thread, Our History So Far (In-game), though it wasn't started until around Turn 70 (April 2007). Updates to it and the Unit Names thread got a bit spotty after Saber's Surprise in Turn 294.

:confused:

Team FREE was in MTDG II, not I. (Team KISS, perhaps?)
I meant MTDG II as it was the most recent one. You should have seen that I only joined in November 2009 :nono:. But I actually never saw that thread, maybe I'll have to check it out later.

I meant MTDG II as it was the most recent one. You should have seen that I only joined in November 2009 :nono:
:blush:
Sorry, I was going by the last posted roster, which was from April 2009.

Excellent work. Just keep in mind to rewrite any history that could make us look bad, we don't want little eaglets reading that sort of thing in textbooks.

Updated for Founding of Tuscan Talon. We need a name for that river and some of the other nearby natural features.

Top Bottom