Graphics Modification Requests Thread

I can't do anything but <NIF>Art/Structures/Buildings/an_greek_stadium/an_greek_stadium.nif</NIF>

does it work for you?

Edit: I can open it in nifscope, but ingame there is a c++ error and it says about an error in pedia interface screen there

I have the same problem in pedia. It's missing pedia, just like when you don't point the correct KFM for a unit.
I made an other model from scratch, but it remained the same. I had a look at Merjin tutorial for building, it doesn't seem to be something wrong in the modelling process. I tried to find a mention of a similar problem here, but the search engine is such a mystery to me... I don't have five hours to spend in reading every thread with the word "building" or "error" appearing in it.
I'm thinking of incorrect Lsystem, but for now I haven't clearly understood how it works.
I'm sorry, I was glad giving you this model, but I don't understand what's going wrong. I'll try one more time to rebuild one before friday, if you haven't found anyone to help with this issue before.

Ah, ok I'll try some different LSystems this evening and let you know... thx that you try your best!

Edit: I tried all different LSYSTEMs vom 2x2 to 4x4, nothing worked

Last edited:
Sorry, I hadn't seen your edit.
Honestly, I don't know what's to do. The one you have was directly modelled on the byzantine hippodrome. I thought it was the problem. I made a new one from scratch, it remains the same: nifskope is okay but there's still this pedia issue, and of course a no surprise CTD when trying to place it in city.
I even looked for a tutorial in case I was a little too confident -it happens- and I don't see what I'm doing wrong. I also imagine you have enough experience in adding buildings in-game to do it "the right way". Do buildings require specific modifications in city-relative xml files (just like citysets)?

Yes, I've included lots of buildings and units in PAE before. city-relative xml: not for this buiding. only for aqueducts and walls.

If I understand correctly, you have a nif that shows up in the city but not in the pedia?
I have downloaded the file and will try it out.

I created a proper nif file structure and tried it as a coliseum

Attachments

• pie_at.rar
    35.7 KB · Views: 7
  • nahrada.jpg
    nahrada.jpg
    170.4 KB · Views: 35
I haven't done much research. When I opened your file, the file structure immediately struck me, so I saved your mesh to a file with the correct structure.

Attachments

• nifstructure.jpg
    nifstructure.jpg
    112.4 KB · Views: 30
Thanks to hrochland for pointing out the solution.
Hundred hours on manipulating nifs, and I didn't even think of sceneroot node. Ain't it shame...:shake:

Here's an alternative version I can upload (it's correctly structured this time...), if it fits more to your requirements.

Attachments

• an_greek_stadium_20231120_10-12-30.jpg
    an_greek_stadium_20231120_10-12-30.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 26
I think this won't fit very good with the terrain, does it? perhaps round corners of the sandfloor?
but let me try, pls upload it for me

Well, I made this one with lower stands, placed them on the length only, and made it half of the length, as you requested in post #1797. I can turn back the sand area to the first one if you want. Though it won't look like the ones I found on the web.
It would be easier with pictures/drawings/schema of what you have in mind.

Attachments

• an_greek_stadium_try2.rar
    112.6 KB · Views: 8
Does anyone know of a model for a Celtic menhir or standing stone to use? I can vividly remember seeing a model like this but I cannot find it again, neither in the download database nor in the usual suspects of mods that could contain it. Does anyone have an idea?

Edit: nevermind, found the model I was thinking of. It's available as the Monolith building in Pie's Ancient Europe.

Last edited:
Top Bottom