Graphics/Sound Problems? - Please post your DX Logs.

I get an error. It says: 'Failed to Initialize Renderer - Check DirectX Version and Graphics Settings'. My DirectX version is good. I don't know what to do about it. Please email the answer to me at kevinvdbosch_1@hotmail.com

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    37.7 KB · Views: 370
I get audio but no video, though my cursor does change. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling, increasing my screen resolution, running in windowed mode, changing the compatibility settings to Win 2000, and using the, um, artpack unpacker... thing.

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    34.4 KB · Views: 129
I was going to reply saying I had the same black screen (fog of war) issues as you. But I was using a geforce mx 440 graphic card and after reading all the posts about the graphic issues I went out and got a newer version of the geforce 6200. Installed the new graphics card and the game played fine with the fog of war clearing properly as i searched throughout the map.

But Tweets it looks as if you have the 6200 graphics card but it isnt working for you. The only differences between your computer and mine is I have an intel p4 2.5 cpu and you have an amd 3 cpu. But that shouldnt have anything to do with the graphics not showing up.

Hopefully these jokers come out with a patch soon enough so people dont spend countless hours banging their heads on theirs desks trying to figure out what should have been figured out prior to releasing the game.

sorry to all who havent gotten the game to run. After a day of playing around and cussing up a storm and 100 dollars less in the pocket I am fortunate enough to play the game. Good luck to everyone else

The game runs fine but Tile Graphics mess up. I can play 2 or 3 turns before it turns bad.

They either turn Checkered, Black, Yellow or disapear.

My System is as follows:
P4 2,8GHz
1024 Mb RAM
128 Mb Geforce FX 5600

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    48.3 KB · Views: 71
milkman2518 said:
But Tweets it looks as if you have the 6200 graphics card but it isnt working for you. The only differences between your computer and mine is I have an intel p4 2.5 cpu and you have an amd 3 cpu. But that shouldnt have anything to do with the graphics not showing up.

The funny thing is, my husband has an almost identical PC... but it runs fine on his. :( The only difference is he has the 5600 (256Mb) not the 6200 (256Mb).

But it's almost as if it is a memory leak; I tried on a smaller map and it lasts much longer before kicking me back to the desktop.

I'm just praying that Firaxis etc do develop a patch and soon but thank you for your comments.

I too have the stutter on the opening, and crashes during movies during the game, the longer the game and larger the map the more frequent the crashes. I have no ides what to do to correct this. Game is increasingly unplayable. Any ideas would be welcome. I have attached the entire dx file from my machine. I hope the solution is simple.

Thanks

Sacerdos

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    42.6 KB · Views: 112
right so I have an Intel grfx card and what I guess everyone is saying is get a radeon card but which one is the best for function and price:confused:

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    45.9 KB · Views: 103
The sound skips in the opening. I only get eyeballs and mouths on my leaders. I only see the units on the screen, the landscape is black. When I went to check for an update, my system froze and I had to turn it off. I am not sure what to do. There is a lot of information on this forum, but I do not know where to start. Please help! Should I return the game and get a new one?

I attached my DxDiag.

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    48.5 KB · Views: 120
I've got the same problem with the intro movie and wonder movies as everyone else. 2.8Ghz Processor, 512MB RAM, GeForce FX 5200XT Graphics and 128MB DDR Vid mem. This is at he least what was recomended on the DVD version I have. Pretty gutted that this is a problem really. Hope it's fixed soon. I'm going to mess around with in-game settings and see if that helps but by the sounds of it it makes no difference! DxDiag attached.

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    43.2 KB · Views: 162
Getting extremely low framerates (3-9 fps) only while in game and zoomed in to a level where units are visible. Outside of the unit visiblity, I get standard framerates.

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    60.1 KB · Views: 99
I am having these same problems and have been watching intently to see if any responses to these particular issues pop up.......i have not noticed any yet.
If any one can help id appreciate it.
speed

Jawster said:
1. I can go into and play the game but whenever I build a city I can not read the city name, the city size, or the building information because there are blue boxes instead of text and numbers.

2. I have a NVIDIA Geforce2 Mx Mx 400. I have reinstalled and updated the drivers from NVIDIA website. Still have the same problem.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Jawster

View attachment 102023

View attachment 102024

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    39.2 KB · Views: 155
I have an Intel 8xx video driver (I think). If this is the case, I don't have TnL and don't have the right hardware to run Civ4. :cry:

Please confirm using the attached file.

Any recommendations on a good video card? :goodjob:

Attachments

• DxDiag-doriengard.txt
    42.4 KB · Views: 88
There is no nuclear detonation graphics for me. Just a note that ICMB has exploded, but no graphical stuff at all.

edit: I don´t know exactly what I did but after a while nuclear detonation effects started to work again :/ Guess I´ll leave the dxdiag here anyways, if the devs decide to have a look.

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    50.9 KB · Views: 96
Hey, I also have the problem where I can see units and some forest and rivers, but the rest is black, and things are going slowly. sound and video stutters and in the main menu with the (also stuttering) globe, I even have flickering. I've tried updating graphics, changing hz, resolution and so on...

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    35.8 KB · Views: 75
Okay, like everyone else, I have black terrain:

However all my movies play fine and I can see all of the leaders (not just eyes and teeth):

Also, when I load a mod (American Revolution), everything is fine:

I've seen a lot of people posting their problems, but I haven't seen any answers yet. I would have hoped for better support from a $50 game.

Here is my DX info:

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    60.5 KB · Views: 126
In need of some help here. After playing for a while, strange "wedges" will appear. (Please see attached screenshot.) These do not go away if I restart the game, switch to a different screen, reinstall the game etc. Very annoying. Since I know rather little about modern graphics cards and the configuration thereof, I thought I'd check for some help here.

My configuration is:
P4 3.2 GHz
1 GB Ram
PNY Verto GeForce 6600 GT 128 MB
Windows XP Pro SP2

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    40.9 KB · Views: 88
  • Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG
    117 KB · Views: 180
Apparently, when i start a game, the terrain itself, is not there whatsoever (or at least its black...)
The images of the leaders however, are virtually nonexistent except for the teeth and eyes. Furthermore, i have tried changing all features in options, updating direct x (9.0c) and the intro movie shudders and stalls until it ends. :(

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    45.5 KB · Views: 120
Has anyone else experienced the following bug?

The game plays, but at least the production icon (i.e., the "hammer") does not display when trying to manage a city. They might be more icons that are broken too.

Screen grab: http://opal.spod.org/~mps/ScreenGrab.jpg

System; XP, 1Gb RAM, GeForce4 MX 440, latest video drivers and DirectX.

Trawling the forums it looks like every graphics card under the sun is having issues, so on this note, does anyone know of a graphic card that Civ IV actually fully works with?

I've been monitoring this thread to see if anyone else is having the same problem that I have. I haven't come across it still though so here goes:

I have a graphics issue that is related to unit animations.

This shot shows the problem:

Screenshot - Normal.JPG

And this shows a shot after clicking on "freeze animations" in the graphics options tab:

Screenshot - Animations frozen.JPG

The problem does still arise when units are moved, even with the freeze animations option, though it does at least make it playable.

This is the only graphical problem that I have.

As an aside I also get stuttering on the intro movie every 4-5 seconds or so, but the wonder movies play fine.

View attachment DxDiag.txt

From first starting a game I sometimes get serious lag (in a single player game). Sound for wonder movies is choppy but in all other respects good.

The real problems start once I get far into a game, when the interface will freeze for long periods of time. Sometimes as I try to scroll around everything dissappears off the map and all I can see is the terrain with nothing else on it. It will either snap back to normal after a minute or two or CTD. Started happening around 1600's on a huge map with 14 AI players. Other times it will CTD as I hit 'end of turn'.

I then reload the game and sometimes its lagging from the word go, other times it loads perfectly and everything is fast and normal.

On a 3400+ AMD 64, 1Gb RAM, 5700 Ultra, SATA disks etc etc. Its a pretty beastly machine - and the fact that sometimes it loads up and runs beautifully for a few turns before getting ugly suggests some nasty bugs rather than my machine needing an upgrade or re-format.

Had a mixture of the above problems trying 7x.xx and the latest 81.xx forceware drivers.

Hopefully the guys down at Firaxis have pulled an all-weekender for our sakes :)

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    47.8 KB · Views: 72
Top Bottom