Grasslands to Plains?

Uberslacker

Tilda Junkie
One of my housemates has just asked me if there is any way he can turn a grassland tile into a desert tile. Is there?

One of my housemates has just asked me if there is any way he can turn a grassland tile into a desert tile. Is there?

hmmm... I dont think so....but there is the defile spell? fallout spell? "pollutes" the tile spell. I'm too lazy too look up what magic type it belongs too.

though polluting isnt exactly what u asked for....grass to plains...

i think there is also scorch....but thats ONLY plains to desesrt, i think...

im guessing u changed plains to grass land and u want the +1 prod from plains back that grassland doesnt give..

I don't think there is currently any way u can go back wards from grass to plains to ice like u can go from ice to plains to grassland with vitalize spell but u can go from plains to desert with scorch spell and desert to plains with spring

So if theres any way to make grass into deserts u can than use spring spell to get your plains......

maybe with cleansing hell teran but u cant control this hell teran spread

The thread title is a typo of sorts. I am actually interested in desert as a final result.

I figured that while grasslands to desert in one step would be ideal, a short step to plains is also acceptable because, as you said, scorch completes the transmogrification needed.

You've also covered pretty much all the other thoughts I had on the matter. I was hoping there was some arcane ability that might not be very well known that would do the trick.

Hell, with the fuzzy line of demarcation between documentation of what might be in FfH2 and what actually is a feature, I figured I'd be in with a good chance. ;)

As a by the by: my housemate wants to turn a one tile wide and two tiles long choke point into a killing zone via desert's movement and defense penalties.

The thread title is a typo of sorts. I am actually interested in desert as a final result.

I figured that while grasslands to desert in one step would be ideal, a short step to plains is also acceptable because, as you said, scorch completes the transmogrification needed.

You've also covered pretty much all the other thoughts I had on the matter. I was hoping there was some arcane ability that might not be very well known that would do the trick.

Hell, with the fuzzy line of demarcation between documentation of what might be in FfH2 and what actually is a feature, I figured I'd be in with a good chance. ;)

As a by the by: my housemate wants to turn a one tile wide and two tiles long choke point into a killing zone via desert's movement and defense penalties.

This could possible be a good idea...

have a spell for each type of land tranformation or each magic type has a spell that makes a certain land transformation

for example fire magic would have a spell that makes hell terran
for example earth magic would have a spell that makes hills
etc etc

Defile turns it to desert, but also puts fallout on the tile (last time I checked). I suppose that's not a big issue for you if you want to just turn it into a killing ground.

Doesn't the Fire 1 spell Scorch turn tiles into desert? (EDIT: Oh scorch is only from plains to desert?)

Thank you, Chandrasekhar. I've told my house mate about defile and he is grateful. It's given us the idea of defiling massive areas of terrain as a kind of fortification.

Thank you to the other respondents also. It was polite and considerate for you all to consider the problem and take the time to answer.

Top Bottom