Guns, Guns, and more Guns.

Personally I would love to own a nice set of world war 2 weapons. Dosnt have to be the real deal working replicas would be just as fine. You can still pick up cheap ww2 rifles from china off ebay that place is awash with Japanese, Russian and German rifles though I have no doubt some are fake.

I would want a M1 Garand and Lee Enfield for starters.

The last two guns I bought: An 1874 French 11mm Gras rifle and a German 1888 "Commission" Rifle. Don't have any pics with me at the moment.

my new gun ;)

Who can identify it?

that would be cheating. :)

No idea what it is without cheating, but it looks overly complicated.

The gun my dad and I have, it's a .22 to save on ammo cost.

My personal Rifle, a Springfield model 15 single shot .22 from the 30's.

As long as you're on Wikipedia, you should have read the bit about "never went into production."

Says a thousand were made. Curious how he got one in the US though.

Yup, 1000 made. I wonder where those thousand are. Someone has a nice toy. I always thought it was a cool concept, but it looks to me the maintenance on that thing would be horrible.

It was a weapon in Fallout 2, and I have read about the weapon in fiction books. Unrealistic of course, because you would never be able to find ammo for it.

ahhh, but those guns weren't actually unloaded were they.

Yes, that's quite the point.

See, I'm not so much giving you flak for taking the picture of the muzzle - I'm giving you flak for your flippant attitude that "the rules are just for stupid people, lol".

All of those people shot by unloaded guns made mistakes. Some were blatant, mind boggling mistakes, of course. Many others were small mistakes, the kind that you really have to be on top of things to avoid.

You seem to be operating under the assumption that you somehow are immune from mistakes. That's a dangerous combination of arrogance and ignorance. If you're human, you make mistakes. With your attitude, when you do make a mistake, you might end up as a statistic on some gun safety report.

I prefer to operate under the assumption that I've already made a mistake. When it really does happen, then, nothing is likely to be wounded except my pride.

BTW. I have had a negligent discharge before. Nothing more than serious than firing a round downrange from a rifle that I thought was empty - but I know very well how easy it is to make mistakes.

Yes, I may have came across as flippant. I am actually very careful with my weapon. Maybe even too careful. Like I said, I never store or carry my weapon with a round in the chamber. Glocks have an internal safety, and the trigger safety, but not manual safety (not that you should rely on that). I'm extremely careful with my weapon when I have ammunition in it. Even if no round is in the chamber.

And I use hydro shok hollowpoint ammunition too (unless at the range), which can be extremely deadly. I have no desire to shoot myself with that stuff.

The rules are important, all 4 of them. I just feel #1 needs a little more clarification.

I have never had a negligent discharge before. I knew a guy who had one though. He put a hole through his trailer. He had a real cheap .38 automatic. I'm not a fan of cheap weapons. If you are going to handle something that deadly, best to buy a good brand name weapon. But that doesn't lesson the importance of the rules, however. If he had been following the rules, he wouldn't have had a discharge. I'm obsessive about verifying my weapon is unloaded if I'm handling it.

Yes, I may have came across as flippant. I am actually very careful with my weapon. Maybe even too careful. Like I said, I never store or carry my weapon with a round in the chamber. Glocks have an internal safety, and the trigger safety, but not manual safety (not that you should rely on that). I'm extremely careful with my weapon when I have ammunition in it. Even if no round is in the chamber.

And I use hydro shok hollowpoint ammunition too (unless at the range), which can be extremely deadly. I have no desire to shoot myself with that stuff.

The rules are important, all 4 of them. I just feel #1 needs a little more clarification.

I have never had a negligent discharge before. I knew a guy who had one though. He put a hole through his trailer. He had a real cheap .38 automatic. I'm not a fan of cheap weapons. If you are going to handle something that deadly, best to buy a good brand name weapon. But that doesn't lesson the importance of the rules, however. If he had been following the rules, he wouldn't have had a discharge. I'm obsessive about verifying my weapon is unloaded if I'm handling it.

Look fella, you're not going to get anywhere trying to convince a thread full of shooters that you're good enough to be able to ignore any firearm safety rules. Let it go.

my new gun ;)

Who can identify it?

Isn't that the horrible German thing that uses ridiculous ammunition? Also had an effective range of about 400 metres if I remember correctly, even with a sight like that on - in perspective, our newer British ones shoot out to 650 and the old ones had no problem at 1000 metres. Thankfully never introduced into service, for which we can thank re-unification I guess.

Isn't that the horrible German thing that uses ridiculous ammunition? Also had an effective range of about 400 metres if I remember correctly, even with a sight like that on - in perspective, our newer British ones shoot out to 650 and the old ones had no problem at 1000 metres. Thankfully never introduced into service, for which we can thank re-unification I guess.

It used caseless ammo. Being able to carry double the ammo load (the cartridges were about half the size and weight of normal 5.56 NATO) would be a pretty compelling argument IMO... especially since most engagements today by normal infantry are at close range.

Wonder how you would've cleared it in the event of a failure to fire?

It used caseless ammo. Being able to carry double the ammo load (the cartridges were about half the size and weight of normal 5.56 NATO) would be a pretty compelling argument IMO... especially since most engagements today by normal infantry are at close range.

Would be good, except that 5.56 is light enough that you can carry buckets of it and doesn't totally sacrifice your ability to engage targets beyond spitting range. Also would have totally destroyed the inter-operability between NATO countries which currently exists; we can use French rounds and magazines adn they can use ours, in a pinch.

Top Bottom