• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Hall of Fame Challenge Series XVI Discussion Thread

The settings in the last AW game (prince, archi, OCC) made it way too easy. In particular the archipelago map. The way it played out, the AW setting didn't affect the game at all. It couldn't have been won any faster without the setting. Lakes map on emperor level, now that would be more interesting!

Whatever games you plan, we want enough time to play before next SGOTM :p So hurry up :p

Whatever games you plan, we want enough time to play before next SGOTM :p So hurry up :p

Currently, the Deity Major Gauntlet still binds many of the active players. Join it :) .

I guess the answer is probably no, but is it possible to have HOF Challenge games that don't fit HOF rules?

If it is, maybe one day it would be fun to have an Always Peace, Domination game on a smallish map. Would be fun to use the espionage culture mission.

That has been suggested before. I assume it would take some coding to not have the software automatically reject games that use illegal options. I would also think it would be a lot of fun to try something like that. Perhaps even a separate "Illegal Challenger Series" with only games that use illegal settings, like unrestricted leaders, always peace, no tech trading and so on, or illegal map types or map settings, like balanced resources. Some people would probably be discouraged from playing as the games wouldn't be eligible for the HoF tables, but for the rest of us it could give some nice variation.

I guess the answer is probably no, but is it possible to have HOF Challenge games that don't fit HOF rules?

If it is, maybe one day it would be fun to have an Always Peace, Domination game on a smallish map. Would be fun to use the espionage culture mission.

That has been suggested before. I assume it would take some coding to not have the software automatically reject games that use illegal options. I would also think it would be a lot of fun to try something like that. Perhaps even a separate "Illegal Challenger Series" with only games that use illegal settings, like unrestricted leaders, always peace, no tech trading and so on, or illegal map types or map settings, like balanced resources. Some people would probably be discouraged from playing as the games wouldn't be eligible for the HoF tables, but for the rest of us it could give some nice variation.

Not all the things people would want to use for criteria are collected from the save files. Getting additional data out of the saves in some cases may be possible but it is a largish amount of work. (NZ can decide for himself if the work/benefit is worth his time.) If we can't automate, then we don't want to do it. Manually tracking stuff is not something I would ask our staff to do.

Not all the things people would want to use for criteria are collected from the save files. Getting additional data out of the saves in some cases may be possible but it is a largish amount of work. (NZ can decide for himself if the work/benefit is worth his time.) If we can't automate, then we don't want to do it. Manually tracking stuff is not something I would ask our staff to do.
I actually have had an idea along these lines, but as Denniz says it has to be capable of being automated! Will discuss with the rest of the staff and get back to you all.

Top Bottom