Hannibal and the clams!

danjuno

Can the circle be unbroken?
So i'm playing as hannibal on an archipelago map and right off the bat, I realize my starting spot has:

THREE CLAMS IN THE IMMEDIATE CITY RADIUS!!!!! :trophy:

It may not seem like much to some of you, but I've never been as lucky to get a start point. Anyway, I'm gonna keep going and see where this game goes. Anyone care to read along?

P.S. This is my first story, so don't expect anything to great.

Attachments

• hannibalandtheclams.JPG
    hannibalandtheclams.JPG
    56.1 KB · Views: 245
Prolouge: Bay of Clams, The founding of Carthage, and Gearing up for War

Hannibal: Yes this is perfect for a settlement. Settle down in this area so we can get a hold of all these tasty sea creatures. And sea creatures means lots of cities.
Habarcas (Science Advisor): Yeah, TONS of cities is just we just what we need. :sarcasm:
Pheocianus (Miltary Advisor): Couldn't we just build a couple of good production cities and then build lots of axemen and steal everybody else's cities?
Carthagius (Cultral and Interior Advisor): Sounds like the better idea to me!
Hannibal: Yeah well, tough! My way is how we're doing it, and that's that.
Habarcaus: Lovely, just lovely.
Hannibal: Next, the time it'll take to build clam fishing boats according to the city governer is too long for my liking. Build some land workers and have them build mines.
Carthagius: Why? what would that do? Seriously, that makes no sense whatso ever.
Hannibal: Do I have to sing "The Hills of Cacti" in order to get you to agree with me?
Carthagius: Why do you think that if it annoys the others, that it will annoy me?
Hannibal: *Whips out a guitar and starts playing horribly* :culture:"The HIIIILLLLLSSSS OFFFF CACTIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII, THE HIIIIIIIIIIIIIILLS OF CAC-":culture:
Carthagius: AAAAAAAAAAARG! I concede! just stop singing!
Hannibal: Thank you.

A couple years later.............

Carthagius: we've aquired the clams and a sufficent production, so now what?
Hannibal: Build a sufficent army.
Pheocianus: Uh, sir? While I'm flattered you have taken to my perpective of attacking other countries, we have no rivals to plot against!
Hannibal: Thats because I used world builder to spy on our closest neighbors!
Habarcaus: Okay, so who are they?
Hannibal: MONTEZUMA AND NAPOLEON!
Advisors: NAPOLEON AND MONTEZUMA! AAAAAAAAAAAAAGH! THE FRENCH AND AZTECS HAVE COME! EVERYBODY RUNAWAY!
Hannibal: Calm down people! I have a plan. Montezuma is the closer of the two to us,
and neither of them have copper. We, on the other hand, do have copper, and shallow water links our island chains together, so we don't need to get astronomy in order to get at him. While we build our army up, let's send out a galley so I can meet him in person and figure out his situation.

Several turns after leaving, the galley returns with the Aztec leader aboard.

Montezuma: Greetings, Hannibal! Let us slaughter 50,000 slaves in honor of this meeting!
Hannibal: Is that all you think about?
Montezuma: YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!
Hannibal: *Facepalms*
Montezuma: Farewell my friend, the Aztec jungles call my name!
Hannibal: Okay, bye. (Wow, that was quick.) Advisors, how are the side projects coming along?
Pheocius: The Stonehenge will inspire our troops to fight like demons for their country!
Carthagius: And the Great Lighthouse will ensure our nation a perfect wartime economy.
Hannibal: Excellent! Troops! Assemble and perpare to set off for Tenochtitlan!

Again, don't expect anything great, just a whole lot of fighting goin' on!

Attachments

• prepareforwar.JPG
    prepareforwar.JPG
    72.2 KB · Views: 167
Ooh, sea stuff, just make sure you don't get a blockade!!!

Next chapter coming soon to a post near you!

Chapter One: Victory, but at a cost!

Hannibal: Augh! Tenochtitlan is on a hill and defended by two archers!
Pheociaius: Don't worry my liege! Each of the archers should crack after, oh say, two waves of axemen!
Hannibal: Well, okay then.

Many bloody battles later.......

Hannibal: I can't believe it!
Pheocius: What now, my lord?
Hannibal: You were right! Two of the axemen made it through! Have them raze the city!
Pheocius: Okay my lord, this is good. Teotihuacan is defend by only two warriors!

A quick skirmish later.........

Hannibal: Excellent! I love how the second warrior stood out in the field where it had no city defense bonuses.
Pheocius: Taking advantage of pathetic AI tactics is fun!
Hannibal: In addition, we have a pair of axemen waiting on the northern shore of Carthage, so we'll pick them up and attack Tlateloco.
Pheocius: Sounds good to me.

several years later.....

Hannibal: This is it men. For years you have bitterly been insulted by these Aztecs. Now, it is time for REVENGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CHARGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Within hours, the Carthgian army ripped through Aztec lines, and with one last blow, Moztezuma II was killed, forever ending the Aztec reign of terror.
It was costly however, of the ten battalions of axemen that we fought in the war, eight were wiped out, and a ninth was heavily damaged.

Back at Carthage Palace......

Hannibal: Alright guys, we took a pounding at Tenochtitlan And Tlateloco. how can we reduce our losses in the future?
Habarcas: Sir I think you'll be pleasently suprised....

To Be Continued.........

Attachments

• ruinsofazteca.JPG
    ruinsofazteca.JPG
    47.7 KB · Views: 121
Short 1: No more Napoleon!
Hannibal reads the headline of the Daily Tablet and does a spit take.
Hannibal: What the!? The French empire has been destoryed? Minions, get me the world builder!
Minion: Yes, my liege!
Hannibal: Huh? How did a barbarian uprising event occur on each of the islands he had cities on?
Sid Meier: The Random Event Generator works in mysterious ways.
Hannibal: As long as it's "Mysterious Ways" benefit me, I'm satisfied!
Sid: Do not expect this generosity to last!
Hannibal: Given it's history, I will heed this warning.
Pheonicius: Now all we have to do is get astronomy and those barbarian cities will be ours!
Hannibal: And also according to world builder, three other civs inhabbit the nearby islands.
Pheocius: Great. Just great.

Attachments

• frenchdestroyedbybarbuprising.JPG
    frenchdestroyedbybarbuprising.JPG
    66.9 KB · Views: 358
Another Chapter Coming up!

Chapter 2: Internal Progress finally comes.

Hannibal: Alright, the fleet just returned. What do we do now?
Pheocius: Have the Trimere or whatever it's called explore.
Hannibal: And use the galleys to settle that island that you've been telling me to settle, Carthagius.
Carthagius: Finally!
Habarcas: Sir, remember about that solution to reducing losses? We have discovered construction! This allows us to build catapults, which can damage enemy units better instead of simply bringing overwhelming numbers of troops with huge costs as a result!
Hannibal:Great!

Two days later......

Pheocius: Sir! Our exploring ship has killed a barbarian galley!
Hannibal: Do we get to give it a promotion?
Pheocius: Sadly no.
Hannibal: Oh well.

I'd post a picture of Uptica right now, but I don't have time right now.

Alright, here it is!

(Note how I have silver just north of my bronze.)

Attachments

• Uptica.JPG
    Uptica.JPG
    71.1 KB · Views: 95
Ooh, sea stuff, just make sure you don't get a blockade!!!

Getting blockaded by the aztec navy? What navy? :lol:

That is one wacky looking stretch of land! Are the islands trying to spell out something?

DOH! :badcomp:

I accidentially deleted the save file.:blush: Sorry guys, I'll have to start another story.
:( But I PROMISE I will post it soon.

Top Bottom