Has anyone else got the mods to work?

PinkRose

Warlord
The mod pages seem kinda convoluted.
I have them downloaded (though some don't download)
I select them to make them active.
But I don't see a place to choose to play them.
Like if I want to play the Scotland map.
Or want to show the Clock mod.

Anyone else have an issue, or is it just me not being able to figure it out? And if so, can someone set me straight?

I downloaded the stuff from Dale Kent and can't get it to work either, perhaps it's not fully implemented yet?

The_J's action proves that something's got at least ONE mod to work :p

The mod pages seem kinda convoluted.
I have them downloaded (though some don't download)
I select them to make them active.
But I don't see a place to choose to play them.
Like if I want to play the Scotland map.
Or want to show the Clock mod.

Anyone else have an issue, or is it just me not being able to figure it out? And if so, can someone set me straight?

They work fine for me.

You've obviously found the Online tab where you can see all the mods Firaxis is hosting. Click the download button to download them.

Then (and this is the step I think people may be missing) switch back to the Installed tab and click the button to enable the mod. Otherwise you will have it installed but not turned on.

Once its turned on the clock mod should show up in the top center of your game window (when you are in the game). Scotland shows up as a map you can select on the Setup Game menu. Dale's mods are accessed through the Custom Game menu.

It is kinda confusing, I suspect that this will be improved over the coming days and weeks. Let me know if it works for you.

If you downloaded my map pack, in the "installed" tab you should see Dale Kents Maps of the World. On the right hand side of this bar is an activation icon. Click it and it becomes a green tick. This means it's activated. Click the "Back" button (yes I know, totally intuitive!) go into the Single Player menu and select "Setup Game" (the top option). In the map setup item you can scroll down to find my maps (Africa, Australia, North America, South America, South East Asia).

If you downloaded my war mod, in the installed tab you should see Dale Kents World at War. Again activate with the green tick, click on "Back" and "Single Player". At this point, click "Custom Setup" (the second option) which will open the custom mod menu. Click the World at War mod on the right and "Load Mod" at the bottom. My custom setup screen will open. :)

It's not working for me...

I downloaded all your mods and they refuse to show up in the installed tab. I tried running the game in administrator mode, I deleted the mods from My documents and tried redownloading them to no avail...

This makes me sad D=

I'll give it a try when I get home and respond back.

same here, the download seems to work, the mod file (something like "8b9f48cd-c73b-4dc6-9193-48895b77847f-2.civ5mod") is in the "Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS" folder, but nothing appears in the installed tab (and I can see them in the downloads tab with state "complete")

edit : and when I quit and launch the game again, they're no longer in the download tab, the "complete" state in the online tab is reseted and I can download the mod again, even if the mod fole is already in the mods folder...

Dale, still getting the "Error: The Server does not support the neccessary HTTP protocol" for such downloads as "tiny Death Robots" & Queen of Iceni" & "Dale Kents World At War"

However, I am able to download the clock and the Oceania map.

Then (and this is the step I think people may be missing) switch back to the Installed tab and click the button to enable the mod. Otherwise you will have it installed but not turned on.
I get to this point, they are checked/enabled.
I click "back".
Then "Single Player".
Then "Custom Game" and it says No Custom Games.

Going to try restarting the whole thing now that they are for sure Enabled, but I'm pretty sure that's what I did earlier today as well.

Dale, still getting the "Error: The Server does not support the neccessary HTTP protocol" for such downloads as "tiny Death Robots" & Queen of Iceni" & "Dale Kents World At War"

However, I am able to download the clock and the Oceania map.

I get to this point, they are checked/enabled.
I click "back".
Then "Single Player".
Then "Custom Game" and it says No Custom Games.

Going to try restarting the whole thing now that they are for sure Enabled, but I'm pretty sure that's what I did earlier today as well.

"Custom Game" only works for mods that have defined a custom setup screen, which as far as I know, only World at War mod has one at this stage. All other mods/maps just go into the normal Setup Game. :)

OK, I finally found them.
And I'm a pretty intelligent being.
You have to go into mods and single player not back all the way to single player.

However, still no clock mod.

I'm trying to convince the mod programmer to implement a system where custom setup over rides setup game if a mod has a custom setup screen defined. That would resolve the confusion.

I can't get anything to show up as installed, and its not UAC because 1) I don't have that on and 2) Steam's installed to my E drive.

I can download fine, it just never moves over to the installed list.

Anyone figure anything about with this? I just tried re downloading the whole game and nothing...

This is really making me angry.

Firaxis is working on a patch for these and other issues. Have patience, it's only day 3. ;)

Firaxis is working on a patch for these and other issues. Have patience, it's only day 3. ;)
You pesky Australians! You're always a day ahead of everybody else.

Top Bottom