• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Has the game improved much since launch?

Apart from what everyone has already said

Alien aggression decay has been made 4 time slower, which means it is more likely for the aliens to become aggressive. Unfortunately they haven't fixed the issue that allows player to kill aliens with no repercussions. So if you don't want them to get aggressive it is still easily doable anyway.

Overall I guess the game is a little better but they still left much to be desired (the total annihilation of advanced affinity quests being the worst), T4 affinity units have been nerfed too much, trade route mechanics are wonky, middle game is still just a straight race to the planet wonder and victories come too fast.

I think the game has improved a fair bit. The following things need work now:
- AI (stating the obvious)
- More stability improvements needed for MP. I had a good run hosting some MP games rather fully until some recent instances where I crashed very early.
- Victory conditions still need to be tweaked, even though it's slightly harder to do harmony victory, and I mean slightly as you can't rush buy the mind stems, reducing victory to just 7 turns.
- More diplomacy options, maybe this game could do with some more inspiration from Alpha Centauri which I reckon has the most diverse element of diplomacy.
- More uses for strategic resources
- Fixes for some building quests that are laughably one-sided, like the electronic fence.

Any other changes that I haven't mentioned are either very debatable or just optional.

personally i believe we already forced to research too many tech to win. I do not want an other civ5. i want different options. I agree with separation peace wins from affinity. something L 7 affinity should be enougth to achieve victory.

personally i believe we already forced to research too many tech to win. I do not want an other civ5. i want different options. I agree with separation peace wins from affinity. something L 7 affinity should be enougth to achieve victory.

No, that would make this game really quick and easy to beat. Yes, it would mean science becomes less of a priority after affinity level 7 but in SP, you could make heaps of energy per turn by trading the beakers. In MP, the best players would have their victory covered before half of the max turns are up.

Another thing I should have added to my improvements list is unit upgrades, as like the building quests, some are one-sided, like the level 4 supremacy tank, which gives you the option for ignoring ZoC when level 4 tanks in general already have that.

You cannot be serious. You want the game to end around turn 150? :eek:

I'm going to chalk that one up to a little too much New Year's "celebrating" on your part. :lol:

That's not what he said and probably not what he meant. ^^

Separating Affinity from peaceful Victories without making "turn 150"-wins the norm wouldn't be that hard. A requisite of level 7 affinity would be perfectly fine, if they introduced some additional steps to the victory on leaf-techs that don't give affinity. The idea behind that is to separate late-game military from victory progress so that you have to find a balance instead of just getting the military automatically while pushing to victory.

That's not what he said and probably not what he meant. ^^

Separating Affinity from peaceful Victories without making "turn 150"-wins the norm wouldn't be that hard. A requisite of level 7 affinity would be perfectly fine, if they introduced some additional steps to the victory on leaf-techs that don't give affinity. The idea behind that is to separate late-game military from victory progress so that you have to find a balance instead of just getting the military automatically while pushing to victory.

But he said that we are forced to research too many techs to win.

Personally I'd rather include non-affinity late-game technology prerequisites on top of the level 13 affinity min requirement.

not really you still need a crapload of mods to make the game fun

Which mods do you recommend?

BoogieMan's AI Mod
Final War
Later Affinity Victory (not working with current patch though)
Leader Afinity Randomizer
True Domination (and more)
Victories - Automated Exodus Gate

than as i said tweak the victory values a bit

in my game it takes 50 settlers settled with 5 max per city.
10000 troop power.
100000 power to build beacon.
and 100 years for mindflower thing.

You could say the game has improved I guess.

Whether or not you think it's enough to make the game interesting is subjective. It's not the case for me sadly (and probably won't unless an expansion since I have too many core issues with CBE.

Did they fix that "instantly crash out of multiplayer" bug that requires you to disable dlc?

It's January and there's been what, one patch?

This game is obviously not a priority for Firaxis.

i'm afraid it will take a few expansions before this game is addicting

It's January and there's been what, one patch?

This game is obviously not a priority for Firaxis.
There is a difference between you wanting a patch and the game needing a patch.

There is also a difference between a lack in news and a lack in work on the product. You aren't entitled to Firaxis' inner workings, much less a detailed understanding of them.

The dozens of buildings that add +1 yield to something are still out there. It is borring as hell when you have to go through a big list of such buildings in every damn city. There is no decision making process, you build them all.

I hate it. It feels like a chore. There is nothing fun in it.

Top Bottom