Have you EVER had the AI say 'yes' to a demand?

There really should be a diplomacy system that uses the diplomats. You should be able to assign a diplomat to build popular support for a proposal, the way spies can rig a CS election. Like "stop converting my cities". You could have a diplomat work on that, increasing the odds of getting a "yes" over time.

The mechanic would be a penalty for saying no to a demand that a diplomat has built up popular support for. Some additional unhappiness for saying no, based on how long the diplomat has been working at it.

Nah... it's so much easier to "tankroll" them :)

I think this video is apropriate ! Yes !
Link to video.

Nope, tried it myself with Korea, saying quote: "Come and take it from me." So naturally I razed all of his cities to the ground, nuked his capital twice & pillaged every tile he owned. Man it's good to be Songhai :D

It appears that you were the Borg. they lowered their shields and surrendered their ships. You added their biological and technological distinctiveness to your own. Their culture adapted to service you. Resistance was futile.

I tried but I failed even if I helped that AI. Such an ungrateful bit_ch!

I've never been able to demand from an AI. I remember one time in BNW I was playing as Russia and the end of the game was near (I had at most twenty turns before my last two rocket parts were done) and I had spent my time ripping Alexander several structurally dubious rear ends. He kept declaring war and each time I'd stomp him and forced him back a little (he was the only person I ever fought except for repelling one Siamese invasion around 1000 AD). He was over two eras behind and down to three remaining cities in the frozen wastelands of the north.
I decided to try my luck at demanding one time as it had never worked before, so I parked several tanks (many upgraded from cossacks) outside of his borders, sent in a nuclear equipped aircraft carrier and a seasoned battleship, and had a contingent of paratroopers ready to cut off his retreat if his border patrol fell back.
So I called him up and made one simple demand, something so small and miniscule that if he didn't take it I'd have to kill him on general principle. A single piece of gold. One coin from his stockpile of about 100.
He said no.
It took me three turns to reduce all three of his last cities into a charred mess of irradiated sludge. And leave all of them razing as my troops marched somberly from the sight of the greatest massacre they had ever laid eyes upon.
All for one piece of gold.

The AI is too stupid. If it was a human, he would give you that one piece of gold

Top Bottom