Have you ever lost your Capital?

I had a game where after losing my capital I managed to almost still win by Diplomatic-Victory. But someone build the spaceship like 2 turns before the election I would have won.

The Civ that took the city was like best friends with me for the rest of the game.

Related question like that: does anyone know what happens if you play Venice and lose your capital? Is it game over or do you get one of your puppets as your new capital?

I think I may have a save file here from a game where I lost my capital but it is probably still winnable.

I was playing as Germany in the beta of the fall patch. Immortal, Continents. I did a Liberty opening to forward-settle on my neighbour Morrocco. I was surprised when he did the same thing -- the patch's new AI city locations. I fought him for the land and won the war, taking his capital at about T100. I was beelining Education and my CBs were doing a good job at Marrakech, so I completely ignored Machinery.

Then I remembered that Suleiman, who was quite far away at the other side of the continent, had made a city right beside Berlin. Next thing I see, he has a bunch of Longswordsmen and Trebuchets making a surprise attack directly at Berlin. My position is VERY bad, but I think that with good military skills it is quite possible to revert the situation.

Only in MP have I ever lost mine.

Related question like that: does anyone know what happens if you play Venice and lose your capital? Is it game over or do you get one of your puppets as your new capital?
As an AI civ, when he lost Venice one of his puppets became his new capital. I suppose the same would be true if someone were playing Venice

Top Bottom