Help triggerint Civ3 Zombie, Leprechaun and Santa easter eggs

CMSTerraNova

Chieftain
Hi.

I went through the civ 3 easter egg list from this link https://www.civfanatics.com/civ3/easter-eggs/, hoping to see them for myself, although I am unable to trigger the Zombie, Leprechaun and Santa easter eggs.

I have a bit of trouble understanding the description, did they actually have the units and arts in game and need to be trigerred by something being named Zombie for example while on the correct date, or is it that there is no art, only the triggering code, so someone has to create the unit for them to implement them?

If it is the second one, could someone kindly point me towards the code script code that changes the units over to these special ones on certain dates?

Any help is kindly appreciated.

I explored this back around the start of the decade, and created a utility for changing out the unit used for this Easter Egg for April Fool's Day, 2012; the thread is here

Refreshing myself on it, the Zombie, Leprechaun, and Santa units are not shipped with the game; you'll have to add the unit for them with that name. I believe that can either be at the top-level Civ folder (should you want it to be present for all scenarios), or in a scenario folder if you only want it to be present for that scenario. I included a list of some appropriate units in the April Fool's post linked above, and Blue Monkey added to it in post 6 of that thread.

Also, props on finding the updated URL for the Easter Egg list. The link I had broke back in 2016, so now I can update it to the correct one!

I explored this back around the start of the decade, and created a utility for changing out the unit used for this Easter Egg for April Fool's Day, 2012; the thread is here

Refreshing myself on it, the Zombie, Leprechaun, and Santa units are not shipped with the game; you'll have to add the unit for them with that name. I believe that can either be at the top-level Civ folder (should you want it to be present for all scenarios), or in a scenario folder if you only want it to be present for that scenario. I included a list of some appropriate units in the April Fool's post linked above, and Blue Monkey added to it in post 6 of that thread.

Also, props on finding the updated URL for the Easter Egg list. The link I had broke back in 2016, so now I can update it to the correct one!

Thanks for your help. I was working on a video compiling all the secrets and easter eggs throughout the civ games. As the assets weren't actually used for the game, Ive ommited this from the list.

Top Bottom