Hero Creation Competition

Valkrionn

The Hamster King
Valkrionn said:
We've decided to have a little fun, and host a Hero Creation competition. Ever had an idea for a great hero and wished you could see it in game? Well, this is your chance. :mrgreen:

Rules
  • You may submit as many hero concepts as you wish, but each must be distinct from all others you submit; No recycling art simply because you like it. ;)
  • All submissions must meet certain minimum requirements.
    • Must have a name
    • Must have written lore
    • Must have a popup picture (384 x 128)
    • Must contain detailed stats
  • Submissions will be accepted until February 21
  • Voting will take place from February 22-28
  • All forum members will be able to vote for a single hero. Winner takes all.
  • In the event of a tie, a closed vote will take place amongst the RifE Team in order to break the tie.

Submissions
Empty! Start submitting ideas! :lol:

PLEASE NOTE:
Absolutely no submissions from this forum will be accepted. Please, submit your ideas here. This post was made purely to make sure all players see the announcement.

i would like to participate, in spite my bad (as not native) english will give me some disadvantages with the lore, right? it says one single hero. how about a single hero (good alignment) that only comes with an evil twin for the bad side. would be a nice thing when they meet on the battlefield, mh? is it allowed? they should be created in the same moment, of course!

just make your try for the lore, if the only issues are grammatical, that won't be a problem ( at least for me ). For the strict rules of the contest, i don't exactly know what the hamster has in mind, but i'll say that i'll probably add the heroes i like most through events to my module, and that's not limited to one ^^

Hero's Name: Godwynn
Origin: The Underworld
Superpowers: Grows city population by 10 due to the increase in baby production from his dashing good looks.

EDIT: just noticed that i should post it in the other thread. *facepalm*

(Image is that of Vespero's Vendetta, an old unit from Warhammer. Given that you use other Warhammer images in the mod I'm guessing it's ok. Will need to be resized or cropped though.)

The Black Duke's Gentlemen

A feared band of assassins, little is known of who the Black Duke or his band is outside the leadership of the Guild of Nine. For hundreds of years their blades have been available to only the highest of bidders, the blood of kings, emperors, warlords and many more on their hands.
What few descriptions of the masked Duke have arisen have all varied. Some say he is a tall hulk of a man, others that he is a lithe elf like figure, one even claimed he was a dwarf. Many certainly think him to be a elf or a vampire given how long the group has been operating. Those of a more logical nature consider the Black Duke to be a title bestowed on the chief assassin of the Guild of Nine, though the guild has done little to confirm or deny this, indeed many of the wilder stories are believed to have originated from guild sources.
Irregardless of their identity one thing is certainly known among the elite of Ereberus. If you are rich and there is someone you desperately need dead, then you need to politely ask the Guild of Nine about the Black Duke's Gentlemen.

Tech unlocked by:
Don't now the tech tree off by heart so either the same tech that unlocks either:
- Guild of Nine wonder
- Assassin unit
- Shade unit
Whichever is more balanced.

Stats:
Move - 2
Strength - 10
Cost - Unit is not built, but hired through a random event, like all those random events that pop up where the Guild offer you mercanaries. Going to leave how much you'd have to pay to someone that knows more about game balance. Could require Guild of nine to get event, but would probably be better to leave it open to everyone and just have the Guild give a discount or a bonus to the unit if you have it.
Abilities:
- Hero
- Stealth/Cloaked/Hidden/Invisible, whichever one it is that makes enemy unable to see them without special skills or spells.
- 2 first strike
- +20% attack strength against heroes
- +20% withdrawl chance
- The Black Duke. A random trait like Mutation currently is now, to represent how The Black Duke isn't a single person but varies over time. The current mutation could be used as a placeholder but has too much oppotunity to be overly negative for a hero IMO, you don't want to spend a shed load hiring the guy and then have a mutation that makes him crap. This would need to randomly generate an overall posotive ability. Would also need a wide range of potential effects so the unit will be a bit unique each time.

Each time the unit dies then the random event is unlocked again and the unit can be re-hired if the event happens again but with a newly generated Black Duke trait each time.

As pointd out earlier I now little about game balance so feel free to alter any of these stats.

Top Bottom