History Rewritten (Original Thread)

How do you access the modded religions. They never seem to appear in-game.

There is a bug when you are playing one of the included maps that prevents access to the new religions. I've fixed this for 0.6. The new religions work fine on generated maps.

Also, why for the scenerios are you alowed to choose non-scenerio civs?

The scenarios aren't actually scenarios. They're maps with a python script to assign the starting locations and allow free choice of leader. A side effect of this is that you appear to get free choice of civilization as well, though if you try to play as an unsupported civ that map will give you an error and revert to randomized civ selection. There's no other way no way around this sorry.

I perhaps find a solution for MAFs, playing with less civs...

Playing the natural number for Standard by example, 7 civs...

Other civs create or not colonies in your games ?

Because when i play, colonies doesn't appear...

What are the conditions for creating colonies ?

What are the advantages to creating colonies ?

That sounds like a MAF (Memory Allocation Failure) that all large mods suffer from. If you could post a crash log that would help me identify it. Alternatively there are a few crash causing bugs in 0.5 that may be responsible too. Expect 0.6 in the next few days.

The same thing is happening to me every few turns. When you say crash log are you referring to the log found in Console?

The same thing is happening to me every few turns. When you say crash log are you referring to the log found in Console?

Yep, from the console.

I perhaps find a solution for MAFs, playing with less civs...

Playing the natural number for Standard by example, 7 civs...

Playing on smaller maps with fewer civs should indeed reduce the frequency of MAFs. I'll keep working on optimizing everything to reduce them but ultimately they simply an unavoidable fact when playing any large mod on any system. Poor programming by Firaxis.

Other civs create or not colonies in your games ?

Because when i play, colonies doesn't appear...

What are the conditions for creating colonies ?

What are the advantages to creating colonies ?

I have not made any changes to colonies at all in HR so they should work exactly as they do in normal BTS. They only occur when a civ has a number of cities on another continent so odds are if the map you are playing has connected landmasses or too many civs/cities you'll never see one.

I found the issue (I think) with 0.6 but it's taking a lot of reorganization and testing to fix. I really wish I never started modding buildings, leaders and units are so much easier ><

Before you upload it, could you change the Hussar's name to the Tarkan and make it require 'And' Horseback Riding, 'Or' Archery, and 'Or' Bronze Working? It would make Attila more appropriate as a Hungarian leader, as he died long before his HR5 UU was even invented. And the UU really doesn't matter for the other two leaders, as it was already an aggressive UU, and the other two leaders are more peaceful.

I've attached the crash report and the console log.

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    12.4 KB · Views: 67
Before you upload it, could you change the Hussar's name to the Tarkan and make it require 'And' Horseback Riding, 'Or' Archery, and 'Or' Bronze Working? It would make Attila more appropriate as a Hungarian leader, as he died long before his HR5 UU was even invented. And the UU really doesn't matter for the other two leaders, as it was already an aggressive UU, and the other two leaders are more peaceful.

Well the unit graphic is based on a Hungarian Hussar and uses a lance not a bow so it really wouldn't be appropriate for a Tarkan. The civ is really meant to represent the Magyar more than the Hun (the Magyar adopted the cultural heritage of the Hun but they were not really the same people). Attila is too cool a leader to omit and I didn't want to give the Hun a civ all of their own so I tacked him onto Hungary. Not the perfect solution I know but for these reasons I don't wish to make a change like this.

However it's a pretty easy to do if you want to try it yourself. The files you need to edit are Hungary_CIV4UnitInfos.xml and Hungary_CIV4GameText.xml. If you get stuck let me know.

I've attached the crash report and the console log.

The console log indicates MAFs but that crash report is possibly unit related. I'll do some testing. However I notice from these that you are only running BTS 3.17. The latest version is 3.19 and that could well be part of the issue.

This isn't a important thing, but if you could change one of the Celtic leaders to a Gaelic leader, that would be awesome! Maybe replace Brennus, since their are already two Gallic leaders.

This isn't a important thing, but if you could change one of the Celtic leaders to a Gaelic leader, that would be awesome! Maybe replace Brennus, since their are already two Gallic leaders.

By Cunobelin or Artognov (Arthur)...

Why not Tintagel, Cardiff, Rhymney (?), Cork, Glastonbury (Avalon Hill) ?

Well the unit graphic is based on a Hungarian Hussar and uses a lance not a bow so it really wouldn't be appropriate for a Tarkan. The civ is really meant to represent the Magyar more than the Hun (the Magyar adopted the cultural heritage of the Hun but they were not really the same people). Attila is too cool a leader to omit and I didn't want to give the Hun a civ all of their own so I tacked him onto Hungary. Not the perfect solution I know but for these reasons I don't wish to make a change like this.

However it's a pretty easy to do if you want to try it yourself. The files you need to edit are Hungary_CIV4UnitInfos.xml and Hungary_CIV4GameText.xml. If you get stuck let me know.

I tried that. CTDs occured. I only modified 2 files: Civ4unitinfos and civilizationinfos.

By Cunobelin or Artognov (Arthur)...

Why not Tintagel, Cardiff, Rhymney (?), Cork, Glastonbury (Avalon Hill) ?

This is on my todo list. I'll probably keep the Brennus model but rename him as someone else (not sure who yet, maybe Arthur or Brian Boru) and adjust his AI accordingly. I may also add a 4th Celtic leader, depending on art available. Possibly Robert the Bruce.

I tried that. CTDs occured. I only modified 2 files: Civ4unitinfos and civilizationinfos.

Okay if you can remind me once 0.6 is done, I'll make the changes and post them here for you.

All he did was sit back while William Wallace won back Scotland. He actually helped the English against William Wallace, too. But it's your choice.

Yeah I'd need to do some research, I just threw that name out as it's who the art I'm considering is meant to be. It's pretty generic so it could really be any Scottish medieval leader really. I considered William Wallace but that that would make yet another 'rebel/unite to defy the conquerors' Celtic leader like Boudica and Vercingetorix. AI wise I'd rather someone in a different role if I add a 4th. Anyway, I've got to stop procrastinating and get 0.6 finished so this will have to be a discussion for 0.7.

I have it downloaded, but I'm having a strange issue. Before starting an actual game, I decided to look through the Civilopedia. When I clicked on a few of the Leader pages, the program would quit on me. I suspect that this has something to do with the leaderhead art. So far, it's happened with Ataturk and Juryavarman (or whatever his name is...). I had this issue with another mod a while back, so it might be something to do with my hardware.

On the plus side, I really love the fact that this mod is designed for Mac. Keep up the good work!

How is 0.6 coming along?

I have it downloaded, but I'm having a strange issue. Before starting an actual game, I decided to look through the Civilopedia. When I clicked on a few of the Leader pages, the program would quit on me. I suspect that this has something to do with the leaderhead art. So far, it's happened with Ataturk and Juryavarman (or whatever his name is...). I had this issue with another mod a while back, so it might be something to do with my hardware.

On the plus side, I really love the fact that this mod is designed for Mac. Keep up the good work!

Does it crash or just silently quit when this happens? Either way could you please attach the crash.log (from Console) and I'll see if I figure out what's happening.

How is 0.6 coming along?

Every time I think I'm almost done I discover more pink buildings or wrongly scaled buildings or disappearing buildings or mismatched buildings... I'm developing a pathological hatred of buildings ><

Does it crash or just silently quit when this happens? Either way could you please attach the crash.log (from Console) and I'll see if I figure out what's happening.

I posted it in the FAQ thread, since I had this same thing happen before with a different mod. Thanks in advance!

Every time I think I'm almost done I discover more pink buildings or wrongly scaled buildings or disappearing buildings or mismatched buildings... I'm developing a pathological hatred of buildings ><
That's annoying... how many more buildings do you have to do?

That's annoying... how many more buildings do you have to do?

It's more that I have to test them for every civ/citystyle in every era, which as you can imagine is quite time consuming.

Quick update:

I had a surge of motivation and some convenient free time last night and as a result I managed to get a lot done. I also discovered a file that should have been deleted a long time ago (in 0.2!) which was causing 80% of the problems with the building art.

Soon as I get another decent chunk of free time I should be able to finish 0.6 at long last.

Top Bottom