HOF III January '12 Gauntlet

In the same game, the MA against Germany stopped when Germany was killed. I tried again another MA with Babylon and after 20 turns I didnt get an automatic question from Babylon to know if I still want the MA. It is now so for around 30 turns. I dont understand how MA is working ? Does it stay until the other civ is killed ??????

Do you have always renegotiate deals turned on or off? If it is on, then the deal expires after 20 turns; if not, the deal continues but you can renegotiate it anytime after the 20 turns with no penalty.

So after 60 tries with Sumeria (and 10 with Greek), I eventually managed to finished a game. I am not really satisfied (meaning I can do better) but it is my first Pangea Deity victory ..... so happy yeah yeah .... :)

Finished date : 1345AD

Here is the start :

In the AT, I went Alpha, Writing and Literature myself then switched research off until I finished to build the GL in my capital. Sumer (with some other cities) went settler, settler, settler, .... to fill up my half isle (is it a right English word ?). I built two curraghs to explore and meet all the AIs.
I switched to Rep asap.

In 310BC, my empire looks like this :

I had 21 cities, several rivers, a (good) pre-built for Cop but in my whole empire only one lux and no other food bonus. I traded 4 luxs with Germany for techs and one with Ottomans.

In the MA, I didnt got the free scientific tech with the big picture because I had the GL. Then I went on the bottom part of the techs path (except Astro) and traded the upper part. I got Cop and Newton in capital. And I built the FP in Lagash to fight against corruption in the upper part of my empire.
Late in the MA, Germany attacked me (4 luxs less .... :( it hurts) and I got my GA. I signed MA with Korea and Greek against Germany because I still dont feel comfortable to handle a war alone in Deity level. During my GA, I managed to get almost all improvements in my core cities. It was not a bad timing for my GA even if I thought it could be good later.

In the IA, I traded for Nationalism and Steam Power and got Industrialization. Then I went for Scientific Method and built ToE in XXXXX (in Sumer with a Palace pre-built)). I researched The Corporation myself before ToE and took Atomic Theory and Electronic as freebies (Hoover Dam was also built in capital). Then I had to research all techs myself except Replaceable Parts.
Yeah, because the AIs just went from one war to another and this until the end of the game. Germany and Russia disappear before the Modern Time. I also made the mistake to try a Mutual Pack with Babylon ... 2 turns later they went for war against 2 AIs ..... :(
During this time, I built two cities in former German empire to claim 2 luxs myself. At the beginning of the IA I also made a RoP with Ottomans to connect a coal closed to our border and could trade for Rubber.

In the MT, I missed up the free scientific trick because I hadnt enough money. Luckily I got Computer as freebie. First I went on the bottom part of the tech path until Robotics meanwhile trading for Fission, Rocketry, Space Flight and Satellites. Then researched Nuclear Power and Laser. Then traded Ecology then researched Synthetic Fibers and then traded Superconductor.
I got Seti in capital, then United Nations in Sumer, then Internet in capital.
I had Aluminum myself and built another city in a war gap to claim Uranium.

Thanks Spoonwood. I enjoyed playing Spaceship race on high level. It is a lot linked with resources until the end of the game. I dont think I will find time to play another game until the end of the gauntlet but I will for sure play such kind of game again.
It doesnt seem there is a lot of competitors for this gauntlet. It is a pity, I would have like reading description of other player games.

Finished date : 1345AD
...and this is the winning entry! Congrats, Naok. It's a good date-sorry that we didn't provide you with any competition.

Gauntlet closed.

Top Bottom