How cool would the civic screen have been?

Is this cool?

• Way cool! :cry:

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cool! :(

Votes: 13 31.7%
  • I guess :sleep:

Votes: 11 26.8%
  • It sucks :lol:

Votes: 12 29.3%
  • No comment :confused:

Votes: 5 12.2%

• Total voters

KingTux

Ruler of the Free World
Alright, I was looking through the chronicles of lost and artifacted art today and saw something that I thought was really cool. I'd like to know what you guys think:

I'm also running a poll, just in case you're thinking no comment or way cool.;)

...and how is that better than the current one? I like seeing the little icons next to the names of the civics.

I wasn't saying that it was better, I just wanted to know what everyone thought about it.

It is horrid:vomit:. However the tip is funny:lol:!

Well, I can't say that I'd like to see it in the game the way it is, but it was conceptart, so I'm just figuring that there would have been a little polishing of the graphics. However, I do think that this is one of the better concept arts for Civilization that I've seen. Some of you have already caught on to part of the reason that it may have been axed, but I sincerely think that if Firaxis would have had more time to develope Civ4, this may have been the screen that we would have seen. I doubt that the blue interface was added until late in the developement when they were behind on making all the other interfaces match. It's just a lot easier to create the blue screen than this.

I prefer the current one, but I love the tips. :lol:

I think that I've found something here that most people haven't seen yet. So, if you want to see the origional, it's in assets\art\interface\screens\civics\civicsscreentemplate.dds. There's also a Nif and some other unused stuff there that I assume was the origional way of implementing it. Most of the subfolders under screens seem to be artifacted art, so enjoy.

And here's what diplomacy could have looked like:

Top Bottom