How do I change AI combat bonus?

andersw

Emperor
King is too easy for me but on emp-immortal I get really triggered when my Tercios struggle vs Swordsmen (and similar).
Ie 1+ era ahead units are still not able to do much at all.
Is there a way to mod my setup so the AI get less rediculous combat bonuses and still allow the AI to have the other bonuses of higher difficulties?

I've maybe found it but maybe someone who knows better.
The only thing I've found that possibly changes what I want is to change the warmonger penalty "ResistanceCap" in
\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\(2) Community Balance Overhaul\Balance Changes\Difficulty\difficultymod.xml

My question is... how fast does resistancecap go max?
why? because it feels like playing at max from the get go.
Is there a difference if I for example denounce a number of turns before declaring? ie does a surprise war trigger it all the way to resistancecap?
Or is it stuff like taking x amount of cities killing x amount of units until I get there?
Can it ever go down again?

and do I understand it correct that the AI gets 55% increased CS vs me on emperor diff?

Yea the "Resistance Cap" is the anti warmonger bonus. I think once you get rolling and start taking cities it basically won't ever practically decay. I don't play on deity though so maybe it takes awhile to get to the 75% max, but on king and emp it doesn't seem to take very long to hit cap..I'm also in the same difficulty range and find the combo of their free XP and anti warmonger annoying, but i haven't quite gotten to the point of changing the numbers. Maybe i will today lol
And yes to my understanding they will get the full 55% bonus while in their own territory, but i don't think the diplo stuff like denouncing and what not slows its growth..

Top Bottom