How has CFC affected your views?

Archer 007 said:
Rather it be political, social, moral, or religous, how has CFC affected your views?
Just reinforces the idea that technology can make a big world smaller. There's no other way an average bum like me can hear direct opinions from people all over the world, of all ages and backrounds, in real time, twenty four hours a day.

It gave me a clearer understanding of how much people's views can differ - for i found people here who's ideas are so completely alien to me that I would never have believed it if I have not seen it myself.

Also, helped me bury once and for all a foolish idea that I used to cultivate - that anyone would respond to a reasonable argument. This is simply not true - there are many people who are impervious to reason.

Specific changes, however, were few - the most important of all, that I changed my mind when it comes to incest. Though I still find it ugly, I am now convinced it should be legal.

Regards :).

Well, it was here that I learned things and was convinced by them to abandon support of the deathy penalty.

I now firmly believe that anybody who follows politics too closely goes completely insane, and loses the ability to engage in rational dialogue. ;)

It's firmly rooted my agnosticism. That's probably about it.

Edit: Oh, and now I think twice before eating an unwrapped piece of gum.

Archer 007 said:
Really? You always seemed that way to me! Maybe that bag of sugar you ate for breakfast in wearing off.
Well, I've always been pretty cynical (though this site has made me even more cynical), bitter and anger kinda came with the additional cynicism.

Sometimes I'm forced to rephrase the way I present my opinion, but in essense my beliefs haven't changed due to CFC, although I am more puzzled by the lack of reasoning in the jingoistic conservative viewpoint everyday.

To post my results:
I think it helped to fuel some of my extremist views for a while, and later helped me to see the error in this. (it regards to politics and economics)
This site has also changed my views on homosexuality.
Sanaz made a good point also about being able to talk from people from around the world. This site is more global then any other I know.

kulade said:
I learned how stupid i and everyone else on earth is.

Yes, we have all have become victims of our own poorly constructed agruments.:p

ainwood said:
Speak for yourself!

For me, I've improved my civ playing skills! And learned more organisational skills.

I meant that for off-topic mainly.

It's made my views more hardline extremist. I realised that there was too much compromising going on, so i've begin to try to define more simple absolutes for myself.

I've become less ignorant than I was a few years ago, but I do not know whether to attribute that to CFC or maturing.

well......I've become more anti-bush now....

Duddha said:
Sometimes I'm forced to rephrase the way I present my opinion, but in essense my beliefs haven't changed due to CFC, although I am more puzzled by the lack of reasoning in the jingoistic conservative viewpoint everyday.

See...thats my point. I'm amazed by peoples' ability to dismiss the ideas of other outright...liberals are certainly no better than conservatives about this. :rolleyes:

Top Bottom