How many teams?

How many teams?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
:wow: looks like 5 teams is the run-away favorite. :thumbsup:

I also voted 5 - but if we're struggling for players - or have too many that are qualifying their sign-up with "I can't actually play the save" - then we might want to consider only having 4 teams to increase the number of active people on each team?

Could we say that "5 Teams" is the winner of this poll, but that's contingent on having at least 25 people signed up to actively participate - and at least 15 people signed up who say they can access the PitBoss server?

[right now, we only have 13 people signed up total]

Number of teams depends a lot in number of players.
At least two players by team.
BTW, is there an warmonger who wants to be my partner?
DaveShack what do you think?
Best regards,

Shouldn't the team numbers depend on the number of people? I don't think i would have trouble finding at least a team for myself... Is this a competetive game? If so it is rather important that each team have at least a couple people who know how the game works.

A better thing to vote for would be how many members should there be per team...

Good point, Oyzar. There's not much sense in having 5 teams if only 10 people sign up :lol:

However, based on the 3 previous MTDGs, there will likely be many more people signing up than actively participating. For instance, there were 26 members on Piffle last game, yet by the end nobody was around who had the proper version of the game installed. Granted, that won't happen in this game, but the point remains that many more people will sign up than will be active players.

Perhaps it would be best to set a floor and a ceiling for the number of players per team:
10 - 30 :dunno:

I think we'll have enough people. But if not - I think we can all agree to reduce the number of teams to 4.

Due to the predictable drop in participation that always happens - I can't think of a scenario where we'd want more than 5 teams.

Given comments elsewhere, I think ozyar was suggesting more teams.

On poly we tried to get a pitboss mtdg going and ended up losing 2 or 3 teams in the startup process and waiting for the patch. I think it has about 6 teams now. The warlords pitboss mtdg had a lot more teams (10-12), but that thinned them all out to the point that many teams only had a couple of players. Both of those are being played as simulturns.

Top Bottom