How To Change ToTPP Settings of Extant Scenario

Patine

Deity
This question tied in somewhat to Techumseh's recent concern tangentially. How do you change the ToTPP settings of a ToT scenario that was originally started under different settings, or, like my KW scenario, predated ToTPP in it's origins? I'm not really clear on how to do that. This came to a head when I had begun my playtest and, after a heated assault by the North Koreans on a massively-defended Pusan, the city was wiped out due to unit loss, even though I still had a significant stack of units left on the spot. This just won't do! I'd meant to change the ToTPP settings of the KW scenario, when I realized I wasn't quite sure how this is done. TNO more addresses things in terms of personal PLAYER settings. Do I just list the required settings on a Readme, or what exactly?

The player would need to tick all of the relevant boxes on the ToTPP launcher to activate the feature. You can list the ones to tick (or better the ones to leave unchecked if necessary) in a read me. In your rules file include the highlighted Cosmic2 values. Cosmic2 slots in between @COSMIC & @CIVILIZE. It doesn't matter what version of ToT your scenario was created with originally, the ToTPP launcher will override any old settings.

@COSMIC

@COSMIC2
NoIncrementalRushBuy, 1
MovementMultipliers, 1
RailroadMultiplier, 6
RiverMultiplier, 0
TradeGoldMultiplier, 50
TradeScienceMultiplier, 50
FortifyDefense, 3
FortressDefense, 4
CityWallsDefense, 4
CoastalFortressDefense, 4
SAMDefense, 4
CityPopulationLossAttack, 1
CityPopulationLossCapture, 1

UnitShieldColor, 28
NoStackKills, 1
EventHeapSize, 106480, 1
ProductionCarryOver, 1
LWPreserveVeterancy, 1
NumberOfTerrainTypes, 15
NumberOfUnitTypes, 127
AICapitalizationLimit, 2000

@CIVILIZE

Go through this and test again and you should find that Pusan will not decrease in size when attacked or captured. For me this is one of the most important settings that I apply.

Thanks a lot, McMonkey! :)

Top Bottom