How to deal with AI's attacking city state's when going for a diplomatic victory?

CivAddict2013

Warlord
Okay, I'm going for a diplomatic victory. I've been playing peaceful the whole game and haven't captured any cities. So just as I'm about to win, the whole world DoW's me and starts attacking my city states. Some of these Civs were former friends.

It seems no matter how peaceful you play, the AI will all flip on you when you're about to win. I even liberated a city state but no. And yet, Napoleon, Darius and Egypt take my city states, but nobody cares.

So do you avoid the AI taking out all your city states at the last minute?

Diplomacy isnt about being peacefull but about showing influence.
You have to go to war and liberate the CS if they get captured.

pretty surly it doesnt even matter if some CS are conquered as long as u controll all other and have forbiden palace.

And controlling all other should really NOT be hard.

Would it be more fun if ai d simply let you win?
To say truth - it usualy even does if u dont beg for it to try do SOMETHING

Misread op. Whip up an army and spank some hams.

I have never experienced the AI behaving in a purely vindictive fashion when I am close to victory. One of those guys bribed the other two to attack you. Napoleon will betray anyone for 3 gpt, and Darius is pretty shady too. Egypt is a jerkass, it was probably him.

tommy's really right on that, the AI doesn't try very hard to get the city states back.

I have won diplo victory controlling all the city states while Venice sat there with 2100 gpt and 38000 gold in the bank.

Top Bottom