How to kill Cossacks?

Cav's are the worst way to oppose Cossack, the Cossack has 98.9% to kill it.
the best unit is the Red Coat - he can destroy Cossacks easly. If you're not England then build riflemen and bombard stacks=\

SpriteSODA said:
Cav's are the worst way to oppose Cossack, the Cossack has 98.9% to kill it.

precisely

SpriteSODA said:
the best unit is the Red Coat - he can destroy Cossacks easly. If you're not England then build riflemen and bombard stacks=\

Good answer, thanks. But, which one is faster? Cossack or Redcoat?

they are about the same.

I know that you put 3 redcoats or 4 riflemen with 2 city defence and tons of usless units (cus its had to make tons of good units =D) and an healer like explorer in a city, the cossaks wont be able to take the city.
first the riflemen will kill a few cossaks and then the cossaks will attack the useless units and not the riflemen. that way you wont loose the riflemen, only the useless units will die and most likely your riflemen will get better quickly cus of the explorer (the comp wont put him to defend unless you're out of junk units, so keep them comming to the city) and cus of the upgrades that they will get from killing cossaks.
at the end of it, you'll get 1-2 riflemen with 3 city defence minimum, almost all of the cossaks have died and you can now build better units than cossaks!

I find the German UU, the Panzer, to be very effective. . . .

Colossian said:
One of the best UUs is Cossack. its overpowered. Yes, I understand it completely. Now I really want to know, how to kill the cossack? What is the best opposite unit? Let me guess, maybe there are two units; Pikeman(6 +100% vs Mounted Unit) and Spearmen(4 +100% vs Mounted Unit). Unfortunately, these units couldnt kill Cossacks. So Rifleman(14 +25% Mounted Unit) is the last option I thought. But,... I couldn't build a lot of Riflemans(with roads) before Cossacks attacked my cities(2 Movements, +50% vs. mounted). Any good ideas? Anyone can build Rifleman as many as cossack pulled out? How to?
If you fear cossacks, upgrade all your veteran macemen to riflemen (not grenadiers), against AI you shouldn't have much problems. Combat III or so rifles will mop the floor with cossacks. Keep a stack of rifles paired with some artillery (even cats would do the yob), to weaken them, if necessary.

NuWorld said:
If you fear cossacks, upgrade all your veteran macemen to riflemen (not grenadiers), against AI you shouldn't have much problems. Combat III or so rifles will mop the floor with cossacks. Keep a stack of rifles paired with some artillery (even cats would do the yob), to weaken them, if necessary.
and once you have combat II you should get formation if you are having cossack trouble.

At the renaissace Era,

Going for Cossack(Cavalry):
1.Gunpowder(608)
2.Nationalism(1021)
3.Military Tradition(1182)
------------------------
Total 3 Techs (2811 Hammers)

Going for Redcoat(Rifleman):
1.Gunpowder(608)
2.Printing Pres(907)
3.Replaceable Parts(1021)
4.Rifling(1361)