How to turn off auto-garrison?

E66man

Warlord
I've noticed that any time a military unit ends its movement inside one of your cities, it automatically becomes a garrison unit. This can get pretty annoying especially when I've sent a bunch of units more than 1 turn away and only half of them arrive since the rest are doing the local bar scene. Is there any way to turn off this 'feature', or is it likely just a bug?

What I have noticed is; if you click just click on the city tile to move a unit there the unit will auto-garrison. But, if you click the unit's move icon (which gives you the movement 'arrow' and turns-to-move indicators) and he ends his movement in the city he wont garrison.

But there is still also some kind of bug when you are moving a unit through a city to a farther destination, and the city catches the unit. This happens to me even if the city has another unit inside. I'll try to move a unit through (usually happens when I am moving for an attack), and the unit stops in the city and I have to manually move it one hex out and then continue on for my attack.

Top Bottom