HRY2 - Jobless in Entremont

760 AD 1

Chicago Builds Courthouse, set to make Forbidden Palace. Done in 34 turns.

Made some workers near Galnum build a road towards Zulu lands.

770 AD 2

Lost Silks between turns when trade expired, many cities went out of We Love the King Day and Chicago is in open revolt.
I can't trade with england for Silks. They are no longer on the table, so I guess they traded them to someone else.

London builds Adam Smith's Trading Company.
England building Js Bach's Cathedral.

780 AD 3

Koreans start the Observitory.
I trade Chemistry to India for Astronomy, world map and 7 gold.
I start research on Democracy.

790 AD 4

Finish road connecting Glanum with Ulundi.

800 AD 5

Buffalo revolts, so I make one a clown.

I trade Korea our extra Ivory and Dyes for a World Map, 28 gold and 18 gold a turn. I figure no one was planning on going to war with these guys in the next 20 turns.

I increase the Science rate so we are making only 34 gold a turn now.

810 AD 6

Many trees are felled adding shields to our highly corrupt cities.

England is still the only one with Economics.

820 AD 7

I switch Lugdunum from Palace Pre-build to Copernicus's Observitory. It will be ours in nine turns.

830 AD 8
India doesn't like our Dyes for their Incense trade anymore and I let it expire. They have no Saltpeter. Maybe we should attack them next.

Two cities leave We Love the King Day parties.

840 AD 9

English start Observatory.

850 AD 10

Democracy in 2 turns. None of the other Civs know this so we should be able to get a good price if we want to trade.

India and Korea both are lacking Salt Peter.

Only Korea is on par with us Tech wise and England is above us by Economics.
We have 15 turn deal with Korea and a 10 turn deal with England.
We have the strongest army.The Save

Originally posted by Generalissimo
London builds Adam Smith's Trading Company.

No freaking way. They've only been building it for a few turns!!
Well...I guess it could have been a cascade from Sistene's. Damn.

India doesn't like our Dyes for their Incense trade anymore and I let it expire. They have no Saltpeter. Maybe we should attack them next.

I should note that I checked around on the map (perhaps not overly thoroughly) and it looks like most of our enemies lack Saltpeter. I know England has two sources, we have one source, and there's another source just outside our borders in unclaimed land. So if we go to war with either the Indians or maybe the Zulus, we might just end up with Cavalry versus Pikes. Heh, I look forward to seeing how the warmongers take advantage of this.

It's Ville's turn. Go forth and uh....be scientific or something.

I took control of that saltpeter just outside of our territory with a night and a colony btw.

Turn 0- Democracy in 2 turns [dance]

Turn 1- Entremont: Musketman>Bank, Gergovia: Cathedral>Musketman, Lapurdum: University>Musketman

Turn 2- Celts revolt, new nation of Celtic Democracy founded :D , bad news: England and Korea have democracy already :( , I check what I can get with democracy, they all are poor, only india has something to offer: 54g, 1gpt, WM and Incense, I accept it, extra lux can be handy. I suggest two frontier war, against Zulus and Indians. Just get some more knights/cavalry. (I know I’m a scientist but haven’t you heard of Mad Scientists :lol: )

Turn 3- Agedincum: Library>University, WLTKDs celebrated in some cities

Turn 4- Tenochtitlan: Temple>Courthouse

Turn 5- Teotihuacan: Temple>Library, Tlaxcala: Temple>Musketman, Burdigala: Knight>Knight

Turn 6- Lugdunum: Copernicus’s Observatory [dance] >Musketman, Ironborough: University>Bank, Verulamium: Knight>Knight, Eboracum: University>Musketman, Cataractonium (last time I play as Celts in SG ;) ): Library>Bank, Lapurdum: Musketman>Bank, Korean started JS Bach’s Cathedral

Turn 7- WM+11g for WM with Zulus, last one is our WM, Atzcapotzalco: Temple>Musketman

Turn 8- Metallurgy>Military Tradition (5 turns), Alesia: University>Musketman, Camulodonum: Musketman>Marketplace, Ratae Contanorum: Knight>Knight

Turn 9- First :sleep: turn :eek: :D

Turn 10- Entremont: Bank>Cathedral, Lugdunum: Musketman>Bank, Tlatelolco: Temple>Musketman, Gergovia: Musketman>Bank, Eboracum: Musketman>Bank

Save

I will be able to play only in tuesday :( ( 48 hrs)
So Harleqin can swip with me if he wants .

Early: I start to gather the knights in cities along the Zulu borders. With Military Tradition coming in in three turns I’m going to upgrade and then hit them hard. I also rush some temples to expand and give us more tiles. We’re going to dominate this world. I trade Gandhi Metallugy for Navigation, Economics and 42 gpt. We already have a 12-turn deal with him, so it’s not like we can attack him soon. England gets it for 31 gpt, 140 gold and their WM. The rest are too broke.

Middle: We learn MT and start physics due in 4. Upgrade Knights and declare war on Zulu. We sign in India and Korea to help us. New Orleans, Detroit, Isandhlwana and Ulundi all fall rapidly. We get Physics from Korea for spices and 2 gpt.

Late: England ally with India against the Zulu who are now without horses. Korea lack saltpeter. We are sneak-attacked by the Iro !!! We sign England to alliance for spices and 10 gtp. We take Tugela. Zimbabwe captured.

Good luck. Spread the word of Celtic supremacy and watch out for Iro knights.

Power to the Celts

Turn 0 -- 1050 AD

ChrTh IV, THE INSANE takes power, and, well, he puts Caligula to shame. The historians are too afraid to say anything, so what follows will be only a barebones sketch of ten turns of Zulu-stomping madness!

Ok, maybe not :)

I kill several Iroqi horses near Zimbabwe without loss. I take Intombe. I take Swazi.

IT: We get Magnetism. I immediately trade it to India for ToG, 55gpt, and 14 gold/WM. We're in the industrial ages. I order up Steam Power, due in 7 turns at +40 gpt.

Turn 1 -- 1060 AD
Cultural Expansion, Steam Power in 5
I take Mpondo
Assault on Hlobane, we get a Great Leader! I rush Bach's Cathedral in Zimbabwe (we're going to need it if we want to stay a democracy in war).

Freakin' Indians traded England and Korea into the Industrial Age. Koreans got Steam Power, and have traded it around (that's why Steam Power dropped). I don't trade for it, and instead run a deficit to get it in 4.

IT:
Mpondo is attacked, and we get another GL. However, as the city is now defended by a red-lined Cav, I have a vague feeling the leader is DOOMED.

NOPE! HE LIVES!

Turn 2 -- 1070 AD
Cav army formed.
Hlobane falls.
Bapedi falls.

IT:
Koreans take Ngome, Zulu are no more

Turn 3 -- 1080 AD
Mauch Chunk falls

IT:
Our people want to build Heroic Epic and Military Academy. CAN DO.

Turn 4 -- 1090 AD
Some killing, no taking

IT:
We get Steam Power, I order up Industrialization

Turn 5 -- 1100 AD
Our people want to build Iron Works...in Remote Outpost, with its 1 shield per turn :rolleyes:

India and Korea BOTH do not have Coal! WOO-HOO! (The player that trades to them will be beaten to a pulp)

We have 3 coal hooked up, and at least 3 more in our borders...life is good.

I start working on the rairoad.

I take Oka.

Turn 6 -- 1110 AD
We take Cattaraugus.
We take Ganogeh

IT:
Unable to hold Cattaraugus.

Turn 7 -- 1120 AD
We retake it. The brilliant Iroqi moved 3 workers into it. :rolleyes:

IT:
England makes peace with the Iroqi :grr:

Turn 8 -- 1130 AD
We complete the Heroic Epic in Gergovia :D

War Weariness kicks in...no rioting, but some We Love the King Days end.

I pillage the land around Niagara falls.

IT:
Cattaraugus falls AGAIN :grr:

Turn 9 -- 1140 AD
Unable to retake Cattaraugus this turn

IT:
War Weariness kicks up a serious notch...time to make peace

Turn 10 -- 1150 AD
We retake Cattaraugus yet again

I make peace with the Iroqi...and we get Gandasetaigon! [dance]

Ok, I need to stop now; the turn is not finished. Keep building the thinnet and realign our troops for battle...or diplomacy, whatever ;) . Here's the save:

http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads5/HRY2_1150AD.SAV

DO NOT TRADE COAL TO ANYONE! THIS MEANS YOU!

Top Bottom