• In anticipation of the possible announcement of Civilization 7, we have decided to already create the Civ7 forum. For more info please check the forum here .

HUGE LAG and HUGE wait times between turns --- FIXED (simple way to do it)

LeBigMac

Chieftain
Hey everyone,

I was having no problems at all with this game until later on in the game, where I would ask for someone else's world map or when a lot of the map is revealed, then all of a sudden, the game would function at a snail's pace and turns that would take 1 second took 1-5 minutes...

Solution : zoom in - that's it. I noticed people where having problems when zooming out, so I decided to zoom in, and now the game plays like if it were the first turn. (I'm currently zoomed in with mouse wheel totally and then back a little bit to see town names.)

My computer:
AMD 1400 - 512megs of RAM
NVIDIA Geforce 4ti 4600

My computer is the minimum but I still play the game smooth (hopefully a patch will fix the problem, so I don't have to play zoomed in like that, but for now I'll have to suffer).

The settings of the game I was playing are default, and I was playing a standard size planet. Also I'm playing with continents map, tropical climate and low shoreline if you want to know.

Now back to one...more..turn.

Yes, zooming in will improve framerate significantly. You also might want to change your shaders option to 1.1 instead of using the default 2.0. It improves your framerate tremendously without compromising too much of graphical quality.

flaeli said:
Yes, zooming in will improve framerate significantly. You also might want to change your shaders option to 1.1 instead of using the default 2.0. It improves your framerate tremendously without compromising too much of graphical quality.

:rolleyes:

his card supports only 1.3 shaders, not 2.0.
so it runs at 1.0 already.

how out of luck are you if you vid card doesnt support pix shadding?

LeBigMac said:
Hey everyone,

I was having no problems at all with this game until later on in the game, where I would ask for someone else's world map or when a lot of the map is revealed, then all of a sudden, the game would function at a snail's pace and turns that would take 1 second took 1-5 minutes...

Solution : zoom in - that's it. I noticed people where having problems when zooming out, so I decided to zoom in, and now the game plays like if it were the first turn. (I'm currently zoomed in with mouse wheel totally and then back a little bit to see town names.)

My computer:
AMD 1400 - 512megs of RAM
NVIDIA Geforce 4ti 4600

My computer is the minimum but I still play the game smooth (hopefully a patch will fix the problem, so I don't have to play zoomed in like that, but for now I'll have to suffer).

The settings of the game I was playing are default, and I was playing a standard size planet. Also I'm playing with continents map, tropical climate and low shoreline if you want to know.

Now back to one...more..turn.

this isn't a fix. just masking the symptoms. besides, while zooming is allows you to see the graphics, animations, and hear the sounds, etc. it's hardly best for getting a 'big picture' on your world.

what you're suggesting is akin to saying "my girlfriend is really hot!! if you stand 300 feet away, you can hardly see the boils on her neck and her hairy lip!"

TheBarnacle said:
what you're suggesting is akin to saying "my girlfriend is really hot!! if you stand 300 feet away, you can hardly see the boils on her neck and her hairy lip!"

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Top Bottom