Hulfgar's Modpacks - Industrial and Complete Edition

Note : there is a small bug in the graphic file for the ethiopian warrior.

2 solutions : don't use the ethiopian civ or patch the mod with the attached file and copy it in ...\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Hulfgars Industrial Warfare Gods and Kings Edition ver 8 (v 8)\SQL\NewUnitsArts\Melee Units.

I will released a corrected version 8 in a few days.

Attachments

• warrior.rar
    1.3 KB · Views: 50
This looks simply amazing. I will try it tonight once I get home from work.

One question: Will this work if I have R.E.D. mod installed?

Hello tlegend,

you can have RED installed but not enabled or you may encounter some weird side effects.

But most of the ethnic skins found in RED and the unit rescaling are included in my mod as well you should not miss it.

Found a bug i think. As seen in the screenshot, the lumber icon is the same as the coal icon. Also, I found 0 lumber resources in game.

hello tlegend,

thanks for the report :
for the icon it's not a bug : lumber, steel, diesel, kerosene and ale use icons from other resources (coal, iron, oil and wine).
I had some bugs with custom icons but I think that I have found the reason so in the next release this new resource should have their own icons.

For lumber did you build a lumbermill ? you will get 1 lumber per lumbermill, those can be build on forest and jungle.

If you build a lumbermill but don't get any lumber please send me a save game.

Hello Canabrava,

you get them for free when you build the national wonder holy war.

When it's done if one of your unit dies you can build another with faith points if you have the tech required for the unit.

hello tlegend,

thanks for the report :
for the icon it's not a bug : lumber, steel, diesel, kerosene and ale use icons from other resources (coal, iron, oil and wine).
I had some bugs with custom icons but I think that I have found the reason so in the next release this new resource should have their own icons.

For lumber did you build a lumbermill ? you will get 1 lumber per lumbermill, those can be build on forest and jungle.

If you build a lumbermill but don't get any lumber please send me a save game.

Oh I suppose this is the same as the Wheat - Ale- Pub line right?

Now I feel kind of dumb. Thats my fault. Under the research tab it said "Will reveal Lumber on the map" so I assumed that it would be another lux or strategic resource.

Will load up another game tonight and let you know how it goes :D In fact, I think I might even make a LP featuring your mod. Seems like the guys who make let's plays are all chill and I wouldn't mind doing something like that.

Hello Tlegend, yes lumber is in the same line as Ale : you get it from the forest or jungle through a building.
It's a 2nd stage/line resource.

Your question was not dumb, it only means that the mechanics of the mod are not clear enough, I should do a FAQ for this.

what's a "LP" ?

hello Canabrava,

I have found the bug thanks for this! Now if I can find why the Ale has suddenly disappeared I could release a corrected ver 8 including new font icons :)

Hello Tlegend, yes lumber is in the same line as Ale : you get it from the forest or jungle through a building.
It's a 2nd stage/line resource.

Your question was not dumb, it only means that the mechanics of the mod are not clear enough, I should do a FAQ for this.

what's a "LP" ?

hello Canabrava,

I have found the bug thanks for this! Now if I can find why the Ale has suddenly disappeared I could release a corrected ver 8 including new font icons :)

LP = Let's Play, basically gameplay vids with commentary

hello tlegend, thanks and good idea.

I would just wait for the next release (in a few days) : this way you can do it with less bugs.

Version 8.1 is ready.

Corrections :

Holy War should work correctly : available with Theologie, cost 290 Faith points.
What i have noted : As it seems you need to found a religion first. the splash screen did not appear every time, I don't find why.

The Combat Medic is now a civilian unit : it can stack with military units but need to be protected or will be destroyed!

Custom icons for Steel, Timber, Kerosene and Diesel.

Cosmetic change for some unit icons.

Known bugs :
I don't get Ale to appear in the resource list but it is still in game. The bad thing is that you can't now how many Ale/Beer is available.

It's ok, checked now. But AI never use this unit.

Thanks Canabrava, i will check to make it more interessant for the AI.

Version 9 :
Reworked scout line :
New unit : the Hunter. An early scout with the promotion "ignore terrain cost". It will upgrade as a scout.
Now the Scout is available with the new tech "Cartography" it gains the promotion : "Sentry" and cannot attack.
The Paratrooper can now be upgraded as Commando.

Cosmetics :
Pedia entries (Carpenter Workshop, Commando Training Ground)
Icon for Commando Training Ground
Icon for Steel Foundry
Correction of some buildings icons.

Gameplay changes :
Free Hunter at start instead of warrior.
The Battering Ram is now available for every nation. It cannot capture cities but is very effectiv to weaken their defenses.

The Palace is not given with the first city anymore :
Now you need to research the Tech "Tribal Leadership". This will unlock the Palace and the Warrior. You need to build the Palace to get one and have a Capital.
To build Settlers you need to research the Tech "National Culture".

This version is avaliable here

Hi! Your mod is simply the best. Actually, I acquired G&K just to play your mod, and haven't actually played "vanilla" G&K. Anyway, when I've already conquered many cities, I notice that there comes a moment when I the game will not allow me to add them as puppets. They'll all just annex themselves on their own! Which is rather uncool. Oh, btw, I've just downloaded v9, the version I was playing was v7. I'll begin a game and let you know if I find this issue again. I also did not check if the issue has already been posted around here, sorry about that... And the link to the postmodern expansion download is broken. Will it still be around, and be compatible with v9? I would really like to give it a try!

Cheers

Hello oscarpalaciosru,

thanks for this feedback.

I'm not sure if what you just reported is a bug or not. I had it myself in my last game when I conquered the only city of Arabia, I will investigate this.

I need to update the postmodern expansion, it is almost ready and should be online in a few days.

I think it's definitely a bug; I haven't found it in v9, though. But it *is*"a bug, because one of the first times it happened, I reloaded the game from the auto-saves, re-captured the city, and was able to create the puppet normally. That's definitely bug-like behavior.

I began a new v9 game, with the Russians. I think the re-worked early game mechanics are great. At first I thought it was rather weird not to begin with a Palace, but after my first try I now think it makes perfect sense.

I do disagree with something though. I played quite a bit, and after a while I had two veteran triremes that I eventually upgraded to caravels; by this time, both units had all three naval melee promotions (I don't remember the promotion name), plus the extra attack promotion. Anyhow, when I eventually upgraded both to Frigates, the extra attack was really nice, but what good are these melee promotions on ships with ranged attack? Shouldn't these promotions change to ranged promotions? I remember that I once played vanilla Civ V with a MOD that converted archer ranged promotions to the corresponding melee promotions when you eventually upgraded your archers. I'm aware that these archer promotions are not an issue in this MOD, because of the gatling upgrade. But I do think that naval promotions and upgrades should match the unit's combat type. And btw, I thought caravels upgraded to Destroyers...

Top Bottom