I got a copy of Warlords

Are the new city graphics which have been shown in virtually all the screenshots been applied right across the board in warlords?

Oh and its not supposed to come out til friday here but i just checked my order on play.com and it says 'processing' (instead of preordered) so... WOOT!

ohcrapitsnico said:
No wait I checked worldbuilder and there are 8 civs but the other 3 are barbarian crap.

Where are those barbarian civs located? Spain, Gemania and the russian steps?

How large is the map? Guess they dont include Britain and most of Nothern Europe/Middle East then?

Firaxis is lazy they used a Mao Zedong leaderhead in Genghis Khan and they had the audacity to have culture specific cities for asia but not the middle east.

I think it makes sense that mounted units get -10% when attaking cities. Historicaly, its ridiculously hard to attack a city with horses, because the horses of course get scared when they have to attack an entrenched posistion. And they can't even get into a walled city till you break down the gate. (Horsies can't climb siege towers) Keshiks really should be one of the best UUs though, Keshiks were some of the most domihnant forces of all time. No one could stand against the mongols for long.

Keshiks are now Mongol Horse Archers and have no added stats with a strength of 11.

That's just in the scenario (looks like most scenarios have thier own different units)

Here's the Keshik in the Warlords manual:

Movement: 2
Str: 6
Cost: 50
1 first atrike,no defensive bonus, ignores terrain movement cost, +50% attack vs. catapult

In Rise of Rome the barbarians are the seleucids, samnites, hispanians, and sabines?( no clue of their purpose)

Yeah! I faar these scenarios will be a bit colored by lazyness. I would much rather prefer 2 real good scenarios, then 8 crappy ones.....

Also, here's how the XP on a Great general unit works:

"distributes 20 XP between all units on the tile"

So you can choose to put 20 XP on one unit, or spread it out...

ohcrapitsnico said:
Firaxis is lazy they used a Mao Zedong leaderhead in Genghis Khan and they had the audacity to have culture specific cities for asia but not the middle east.

They didn't just use a still picture like any modder does? Lazies!
And Chinese and Ottoman cities look the same? Thats just stupid.

ohcrapitsnico said:
In Rise of Rome the barbarians are the seleucids, samnites, hispanians, and sabines?( no clue of their purpose)

OK, sounds fair. Hopefully I can easely mod those barbarians into real civs. But I miss the germans and schytians.....

Maquis said:
That's just in the scenario (looks like most scenarios have thier own different units)

Here's the Keshik in the Warlords manual:

Movement: 2
Str: 6
Cost: 50
1 first atrike,no defensive bonus, ignores terrain movement cost, +50% attack vs. catapult
Ahh ok, no change.

Hmmm. I wonder what does the Horse Archer say now? Does it specifically say that it has a -10% city attack?

ohcrapitsnico said:

Really? Two other civs in Italy should be interesting.

Watiggi said:
Ahh ok, no change.

Hmmm. I wonder what does the Horse Archer say now? Does it specifically say that it has a -10% city attack?

After the introduction of stables. I think it's fair those horse units arnt to strong to take cities. I really hope the 10 % malus gose for all cavalry units, not just the horse archer......

Yes, the HA states -10% city attack.

Not sure if Keshik has the -10%, it doesn't specifically list that it does... maybe just an oversight.

For all you Canadians, I just picked up my copy from EB Games in Toronto. I am at work so i can't comment till i get home.

They have new music. Terrain look has significantly changed. Aqueducts are tiny. There are at least 6 new resources from china scenario.

Top Bottom