I hate god

Stylesjl

SOS Brigade Member
I don't beleive in god, but you know something, even if he did exist I would hate him. When I refer to "God" I am reffering to the Abrahamic version of god that Jews, Christians, Muslims and close offshoots beleive.

Why? Because if god created the universe, then he created, sin, bad people, and evil. Then he punishes those whom he created that way by sending them to hell for all eternity.

It's like making a computer program, knowing everything about it, and having absolute control over it's actions, and then punishing it for something you made it do!

We are his to do with as he pleases. That said, nobody forces you to do evil That choice is your because God gives us free will.

I don't care if you believe or not but I do get annoyed by some reactions in the face of tragedy. "Yeah my wife was brutally raped, my kids are dead and my house is on fire but thanks to the good lord rescues are here now so we're safe." You can't have an omniscient being/entity controlling your life but being only responsible for good things. It's ridiculous.

Quite the statement you make, if there was a god, I would not hate him, but I would not like him either. Simple statement, mod will close thread soon, move along.

I don't beleive in god, but you know something, even if he did exist I would hate him. When I refer to "God" I am reffering to the Abrahamic version of god that Jews, Christians, Muslims and close offshoots beleive.

Why? Because if god created the universe, then he created, sin, bad people, and evil. Then he punishes those whom he created that way by sending them to hell for all eternity.

It's like making a computer program, knowing everything about it, and having absolute control over it's actions, and then punishing it for something you made it do!

He loves you though:) and yes let's not get into the logical intepritation of omniscient, could go on untill we're dead.

We are his to do with as he pleases. That said, nobody forces you to do evil That choice is your because God gives us free will.

An all powerful god means that free will is impossible. You don't have any choice. God created you that way, therefore you act that way. Therefore evil is entirely the fault of god.

Therefore god is evil.

Do you understand my logic?

It's okay, he'll still love you just the same. :)

No, I do not. I have a pack of cigarettes sitting in the console of my Jeep. I have slipped up twice since I decided to quit, and there are 18 left in that pack. Now, do I sit here and continue to type, or do I go downstairs and get a ciggie from my jeep, go outside, and breath in the wonderous mistress nicotine yet one more time? The choice is mine. God is not making me smoke, nor is he making me quit. The choice of whether to sit here or go next door and murder my neighbor is likewise my choice. To sin is a choice.

There is no sense in the argument that an all-powerful God somehow means free will cannot exist.

An all powerful god means that free will is impossible. You don't have any choice. God created you that way, therefore you act that way. Therefore evil is entirely the fault of god.

Therefore god is evil.

The 'Sword of God' is (I believe) mentioned in Ephesians 6:17.

But Jesus states: For all who draw the sword will die by the sword.

Looks like god is dead meat.

:hmm: in that case Jesus killed God, seems a little contraversial :)

No, I do not. I have a pack of cigarettes sitting in the console of my Jeep. I have slipped up twice since I decided to quit, and there are 18 left in that pack. Now, do I sit here and continue to type, or do I go downstairs and get a ciggie from my jeep, go outside, and breath in the wonderous mistress nicotine yet one more time? The choice is mine. God is not making me smoke, nor is he making me quit. The choice of whether to sit here or go next door and murder my neighbor is likewise my choice. To sin is a choice.

An illusion. God created the ciggerettes, made you easily suspectible to taking them, and has made you behave in that way.

Think of the computer program analogy. The computer has no choice because it was programmed that way. Even if it became intelligent AI it would still have no choice because it's programming would make it act in a certain way from ceratin variables

There is no choice or free will. Omnipotence contrdicts this logically

Edit: Corrected a sentence

Well, this is going to go nowhere. I'll just have to have you reference my signature. You're wrong, I'm right, but you're welcome to continue to be wrong, no sweat off my back. :)

I have never met God, so I can't say I hate him nor love him.

Ouch, I guess all of enternity and god is gone:crazyeye:

No, I do not. I have a pack of cigarettes sitting in the console of my Jeep...
You decided to quit, and there's a packet in your jeep?! Bin them ya muppet, or we may suspect your heart isn't in it.

You decided to quit, and there's a packet in your jeep?! Bin them ya muppet, or we may suspect your heart isn't in it.

First rule of quitting is never tell anyone you have, that way there's no pressure.

Top Bottom