Idea for when we Release v1.0

Maybe as a compromise between Ruff's idea of only the first ring and yours of keeping to the rings:

We can only build cities in the next ring as long as no rival cities are on or within that ring. Even if an AI has a city on the next ring but isn't touching our borders, we must capture (and raze if not on the ring?) before expanding to that next ring.

It would limit us possibly but not nearly as much as not being able to go past the first ring. As well, what happens when we capture an AI city that isn't on a ring?

Edit: I'm fine with any method you guys choose. :)

I like the compromise EF. First ring ... err ... first and then moving on to the second ring. We can build a city in the second ring if there is room (ie no touching borders when city has expanded once. If there isn't room - must raze cities until there is room.

Aim is space victory so that we have a nice long game?

I'll get the start up today. However, I cannot play the first set. Game thread up here but it is currently empty. I'll fill in the details (pic, save, theme, roster, etc) after I mow the lawn.

Space Race in an SG? You are brave Ruff.;) As for the first round, I've always liked having everyone taking a go, and playing the WORST start of them all, as long as defeat is not too close.;)

I think we'll need 6 spots... we've had at least 1 request for a non-bug developer to play I remember, and there are 5 of us already... so, we'll leave the last spot open to whomever fixes the damn regen bug.:p

Hey Ruff, what do you think of the idea of making the renamer have it's own ini file so when there is an update and the bug.ini file is updated, the renaming codes are retained. I got all my set up perfectly one day, and installed 1.0 not merging the ini first and lost it all.:p

I thought of that too but got confused when I dug into the code that set the ini file name (or used the ini file) and just went with the easy solution. I will look at it and see if I can see my way through.

Edit: Had a look at the actual ini file name is pretty deep in the code. To change it (I think, as in, as far as I can tell with my usual coding brilliance :D) would involve an almost exact copy (1, maybe 2 lines changed) of bugoptions.py and ruffmodcontrol.py and then the naming options file pointing to the new files.

Just tried it and failed. Probably best if EF answers this question.

Top Bottom