Ideas for Sun, Fire and Nature Mana

Iwo Jima

Warlord
It's well known, that most of types of mana have cumulative effect.

But some types - no. For example, Fire and Nature.

The idea is to make the system more homogeneous, and add cumulative effect to all mana types.

Nature Mana could increase rate (or probability) of forest growth (like Earth Mana increase a chance of resource discovering). I.e. it should make quicker all such transformations: Plain(Tundra, etc.) -> New Forest, New Forest -> Forest, Forest -> Ancient Forest (with FoL)

Fire Mana, otoh, could increase rate of transformation Smoke into Flames. Maybe it's reasonable to make a little cumulative chance of spontaneous ignition.

Similarly, Sun Mana could give a small cumulative chance of spontaneous drainage of marshes.

Interesting ideas, but I do not like Nature mana to be so closely attached to a religion.
Sadly, we can see such thingh only im modmods (if anywhere)

As a new player, I noticed this heterogeneity. Upon reflection, it seemed to be balanced, since those elements appeared to have stronger spells than those in other categories. Death Magic, which seems potentially the strongest element, even has a negative attached to it.

Well, you should try RifE, with my mod, Pieces Of Heaven. It adds an effect for a lot of mana nodes, around the node, for example, Nature nodes spawn forests around them, Ice nodes freeze the land, Fire nodes burn stuff... :p

yeah it is...
I have a version for the last patch as well :p

Fire got some of the strongest offensive spells, Death too. Some manas just don't need any special effects.

Fire, Death, Nature and Sun also got some of the best Affinity units, where stacking mana sure pays of.

I have to agree with LordChambers and GreyFox :
Sun, fire, nature and death already have more powerful spells than others.
additinal positive effect would only unbalance things.

I have to agree with LordChambers and GreyFox :
Sun, fire, nature and death already have more powerful spells than others.
additinal positive effect would only unbalance things.

Who sad about positive effect?
"fire" effect - spontaneous ignition - is positive only under rare circumstances.

Btw, if Earth Mana had no cumulative bonus (chance for new resources), you could say that new effect would unbalance too.

Imho, for FFH balance is not the first thing. Magic, mystery, a lot of new features are the main things.

Well, you should try RifE, with my mod, Pieces Of Heaven. It adds an effect for a lot of mana nodes, around the node, for example, Nature nodes spawn forests around them, Ice nodes freeze the land, Fire nodes burn stuff... :p

Brilliant idea!
Of course, mana nodes should affect terrain around them.

Top Bottom