IDG II RP Thread

Vandal-

Alright I reworked the story a bit to show that the Emperor engaged in some 'bad' behavior, and that he was forgiven by the aristocrats and allowed to abdicate versus being exiled. Take a read through and let me know if it works for you. I'm sure you're not too worried about it, but last thing we need is someone else to get involved in our story and start asking questions about the discontinuity of the storyline.

OK, RP has gone down severely, and instead of updating my story 'At the Gates' I will bring back RP. :p

General Caesus Vahalax II rose from the ground before his ancestor's shrine. He held an Iron star of David in his hands, that had left a permanent imprint on his hands. Caesus was the son of the conqueror of the Natives, and was now head of the Vahalax family. As such, he had considerable power, save the fact of being Commander of Artokan Ground Forces.

Caesus was tall for his time, like most men in his family. But, he had Vandal the Victor's trademark white hair, and well built body. He was married with five children, but his wife had since died in childbirth. He wore his father's armor, but used his own sword. He then walked off the hill and down to his horse, that was surrounded by the Guardians of Arkan, his personal guard. They set off for a journey to his native Arkan to hear the complaints of the populace. The people their were strict followers of Judaism, following the Vahalan Judaism sect. These people could be described as extremeists, willing to kill all those apposed, even those of a seperate sect of Judaism. But, Caesus knew that he would have to give them more bad news. The new act that the Pro-Counsel had proposed would most likely sit uneasily with the Arkan people. Therefore, rebellion or millitary coup was possible.

... and that is how your uncle suceeded your grandfather to become the Emperor of our great land.

Persius had just finished up reading young Cassius his bedtime story when a young servant entered the room.

"The Lord requests an audience with you Sire," said the young servant.

Persius got himself up, and walked out of the room. The Emperor Huber II was visiting many of his relatives in the northern cities after the sucessful campaign against the Native Americans, and it was a special treat for Persius to greet his brother. It had been some time since the two had shared a conversation. With the rapid expansion of the Empire under Huber I, many of the noble families were spreading out after land grants were given to them. The capital seemed so far away now to many, and the visit by the Emperor helped to bridge that gap that had developed over the past few years.

"The Emperor awaits you in the main chamber Sire," said the servant.

"Thank you Demitrus, please go ahead and take off for the evening, I will be able to handle the rest of the affairs for tonight." Responded Persius.

Persius was a kind man. He did not hold many of the beliefs about slavery, that most of the rest of the population believed. He was shot down many times in council for demanding that the Grand House of Huber become the first noble family to rid itself of the practice. However, things were begining to change, and with the influx of new Native Americans to the Imperial cities, ideas were moving in other directions.

"Davidus, how are you my brother," exclaimed Persius as he entered the room.

The Emperor was sitting in the most comfortable chair in the room; His gaurds by his side.

"Good evening brother, I see you have done much with the governor's palace here. Not the same as I remember it." said the Emperor

"Well, last time you were around these parts was when dad brought us here after the initial fase of the first war." responded Persius.

"Yes, yes. Much time has passed since we saw eachother last. And that is why I am here. I wish I could spend more time with you, but my duties to the Empire are not yet finished. You see brother the nobles, although happy with the progress our family has made, are becoming uneasy due to the widening financial gap we are seeing. I believe that soon I will be out of office. However, it has recently come to my attention that I may not be alive long enough to see that day come. I am dying brother, and I feel that I will not be strong enough to make the journey again to grant you your birthright. After today most of the administraive tasks will be taken on by the Regent. You however are my next successor to the throne should it be there for you to take, but more importantly you are to take up the Lordship of the House. I have no heir to pass the reight onto, so I am giving it to you brother. It will be your decisions now that lead the family onto a better future." Said the Emperor.

Persius did not know how to respond. His brother was dying, the dynasty was comming to and end, and he was just made the most powerful individual in the family! However, before Persius could mutter anything Davidus stood up out of the chair, and motioned to one of his guards.

"Please, Persius take care. I care deeply for you brother, and wish we had more time to spend talking about the past. Father always had a special place in his heart for you." said the Emperor, and with that Davidus left the governor's palace to take his journey further North to the newly captured Native American capital for the re-naming ceremony.

The world was becoming a smaller place as the Empire grew. Now nearly double in size, and population, the Imperial Empire was making it's name known throughout the lands. Newly established trade partners contiuned to help the burgeoning empire get it's financial footing. However new divisions were also becoming aparent, as religion began sweeping across the Empire. Persius knew that much would need to be discussed at the next Imperial Council, and he prays that he will be granted the strength to see it through.

Blessed be the Emperor - may his rule be prosperous, long and wise!!

To his worship;

Lord Cassius Huber,

I bring offerings of grace and unwavering servitude from the humble family of Fuataga, who is currently under the protection and good will of the family of Dankis'.

Let High Salutations and most glorious greetings be unto you Cassius Huber, the most deserving descendant and representative of the house of Huber - I, Chieftain Pei Fuataga {the head elder and leader of the Fuataga family} want to re-assure your Lordship that the family of Fuataga do not forget the brave and honourable actions that your ancestor: Davidus of Huber, the Great protector, did for the Huberian people and all surrounding families. In recognition of your families' great deeds and selfless actions - both past and present, the family of Fuataga; under the most hospitable Dankis' pledge their lives and service to the house of Huber! And all its descendants! Hail the House of Huber! May the Lord almighty, the all merciful, shine his graces and blessings upon your lineage!

Furthermore,
I greet the other houses; our brothers - The House of Octavia; the Imperial family. The House of Artok. The House of Reichkaiser! May our beloved Land - the omnipotent Artonian empire, stretch its arms to the four corners of this earth!

The History of the family of Fuataga:

**A vivid history of Fuataga, as told by Salu Niu - the head orator of Fuataga**

My name is Salu Niu, son of Salu Sa, son of Salu Foa, son of Salu Taimi, son of Salu Tu'u II, son of Salu Tu'u I, son of Salu Fo'u, son of Salu Nesi, son of Salu Loa, son of Salu Tau, son of Salu Liva, son of Salu Tusa, son of Salu Fa'a, the son of the first Salu - Salu Salu. My task given from the high-paramount Chief: Pei Fuataga, blessed be his name, is to recite and explain the origins of our family - our history and our ancestors!
Although, it is considered very sacred and taboo to discuss the origins of our caste system amongst our people, I was directly told by the Chieftain Pei himself - blessed be his name - that for the sake of the historical importance and relevance of our entire clan it must be recited and included in this reciting of our history. As the "Fa'a" or caste system is the basis of our whole society and thus dictates the relationship between the many individuals that make up our clan as a whole.

*NOTE* - The word: "Clan" is substituted for the word: "Family" as it personifies a more grandeur and greater sense of Fuataga. Also, the term is used so that outsiders understand that Fuataga is actually a collective clan of may families, but traditionally: the Fuataga clan is simply called: "The family of Fuataga".

The origins of the Fuataga caste system:

In time before time, the great supreme God; Atua created two people, a man and a woman. The man was named: Fua {our first ancestor} and the woman: Taga {our second ancestor}. Fua and Taga made one flesh {hence we derive our clan name from them: "Fuataga"} and produced children - the most famous of which were five brothers, each with very distinct gifts and qualities. Their names were: Pei, Salu, Toa, Naku and Lana. From these five brothers birthed the five castes which make up Fuataga Society.

The Fuataga Caste System is divided into three traditional general groupings: The Head, The Body, The Feet .

The Head:

A Minor Chief from the Pei Caste:

Pei; who was the eldest of the five brothers was gifted a loud voice, a voice which boomed to the heavens every time he spoke. He was gifted profound wisdom to make decisions and find solutions to problems, no matter how hard or complex those problems were. He was also very tall and muscular - but was never inclined to doing much labour. His job, was to govern and lead his brothers and to settle disputes when they arose. His tall, imposing body - always adding to his overall persona: one of power and prestige. And so the first caste was born: The Chiefs - Each carrying the name "Pei" in honour of the first Pei. The Chiefs are given the responsibility to rule and make decisions over the clan. Each small family within the Fuataga clan {in which there are some 200} have their own family Chief, in which he or she {although it is very rare for a woman to be a Chief, it is not unheard of} makes decisions for the family. Decisions such as; how many males of the family will be sent to fight for the clan {trained to be Toa from birth}, the selection of a potential woman or man to marry into his/her family, the proportioning of food amongst the family, enforcing the traditional laws and making sure they are obeyed and generally just making sure the family is bringing honour and pride to themselves. Every five years {which commemorates the five brothers} a supreme "Chief of Chiefs" is elected by all the Chiefs of the small families within the Fuataga clan. Whoever is selected will be the supreme law giver and ruler of all the happenings of the Fuataga. The current paramount Chief is "Pei Fuataga the Great" - blessed be his name!

A seasoned Orator from the Salu Caste:

The next brother; Salu was bestowed with a keen interest in the world around him and had a far more superior memory capacity, as he would memorise every single conversation that him and his brothers would have. In comparison to the rest of his brothers - Salu knew a lot more than they did and had a stronger connection with Atua, the creator. Salu grew himself a beard which would turn whiter and whiter with every inch that it grew. Hence the famous proverb amongst our people: "Like the beard of Salu, your power grows!" From Salu, came the second caste: The Orators. Orators are only second to the Chiefs. Their role is to keep and maintain the history, legends, myths, names and important dates of our people. For this reason, they are greatly respected and revered - some even more than the Chiefs. Furthermore, similar to that of the Chiefs, the Orators make up a very small percentage of the population and there exists usually only one Orator for every small family within the clan {although there have been some families such as the: "Nu'u" who are famous for having more than two Orators in their family}. The Orators also act as advisers to the paramount-Chief and to the petty Chiefs as well. Their guidance, combined with the wisdom of the Chiefs make up the ruling-elite of the clan. And thus; the Chiefs and Orators form the "Head" of the Fuataga caste system.

The Body:

A Warrior from the Toa Caste:

The third eldest brother; Toa was given the gifts of speed, strength, skill and stamina. The most skillful of the five, Toa would regularly display his fighting prowess by killing huge wild animals with his bare hands or run long distances for many moons without tiring. Such is meant by the proverb: "Like the body of Toa" - in praise of an individual who has displayed great fighting skills in war. Toa was also considered the "casanova" of his day, as woman folk from other surrounding districts would marvel at his supernatural like abilities. Toa is also remembered for having a great dislike for his youngest brother; Lana - as one legend recalls Toa telling Lana to fetch him a drink of water from the Spring of Life, instead Lana brought back a drink of water from the Spring of War. Hence people chosen to be born within the Toa caste are constantly at War. As the legend implies; from Toa came the third caste: The Warriors. The Warrior caste is formed from a male only population, who are forbidden to marry until permitted to by the paramount Chief {although frequent infatuations with foreign woman folk do occur, it is a very rare happening for a Warrior to marry a non-Fuataga woman, once relieved from service, as this would bring shame on his family honour} - Traditonlly; Warriors were selected by birth from the many small families within the clan, and sent away to the Warrior barracks in which they were trained and taught in the art of war. However, in the last one hundred years it has become more common place for the Warrior caste to accept men who have displayed 'Warrior Virtues' from the Naku and Lana castes. This has happened in an attempt to expand the Warrior caste in order to subdue larger opposing forces. Also, it has meant that the traditional rivalry between the Toa, Naku and Lana castes has decreased. The role of the Warrior caste is to defend the clan from attack, or to attack the enemies of the Fuataga clan. The Warrior caste also acts as the "policing" unit under the direction of the Chief caste, which deal with any serious crime or inner-clan threat. The Warrior caste is substantially larger than the Chief or Orator castes - mainly because it is through the Warrior caste that the most honour for ones family can be gained, and thus, many families send nearly all their male members to grow up within the Warrior caste. The Warrior caste make up the "Body" of the Fuataga caste system.

The Feet:

A Youth from the Craftsman Caste:

Gifted with the ability to create tools, different forms of shelter and deadly weapons {for his brother Toa} - Naku is echoed throughout our oral history as the "Atua amongst men". This is because Naku could always create something, where others saw nothing. The great God Atua blessed Naku with the power of craftsmanship, Naku is remembered as the most resourceful of the five brothers. For instance, there is one legend which recounts the time when all five brothers were surrounded by many enemies - Toa, directed by Pei created a bottle-neck in which to break through the enemy lines, however after a while Toas' hands began to become weak. It was at this point, that the resourceful Naku created a sharp spear from a near by branch and threw it to Toa. This then allowed Toa to kill the enemies faster and therefore, create a bigger and wider bottle-neck in the enemy formation which thus made way for the other four brothers to escape. For this reason, the fourth caste traces their origins back to Naku - they are; The Craftsman. The Craftsman caste {which also includes traders and merchants} are economically and socially important to the clans existence! For they are responsible for the erecting of new building and infrastructure, forging of weapons and armour for the Warrior caste, trading surplus with other neighbouring clans {notably the Hill peoples to the far north} and generally stimulating the clans economy. During the early epochs of our clans history, the Craftsman were generally the young sons of Chiefs, Orators or the "incapable" males which were not sent to the Warrior caste at birth. However, in the last three hundred years - due to the increased contact with other peoples and trade in ideas and goods, the Craftsman caste has become renown as the "diluted caste". As many Craftsman children are of mixed blood. This has led to a tremendous amount of discrimination towards the Craftsman caste from the Chief, Orator and Warrior castes. As a result, the derogatory term for some Craftsman is: Naku Leai Sama Nui or "The one who spits on Naku".

A lowly Serf from the Lana Caste:

Finally, the fifth and least respected brother: Lana, was overlooked during the giving of gifts - and thus, since he had no outstanding gifts, was used as a slave and "fetcher" by the other four brothers. Lana is the shameful ancestor of the lowest caste found within Fuataga society; The Servants. Unlike the other four castes, Servants are not extracted from the family unit - instead, they have their own ridiculous and primitive ways. The Servant caste have their own "Chief" - who divides the amount of labour that each Servant family must undertake for the whole clan. The Servant caste form the majority of the clan. Their task is to sweep the streets, empty latrines, fetch water, cook, clean, bury the dead, hunt and generally just serve for the other four castes needs. In ancient times, Servants were executed for small offenses which offended their higher caste superiors {such as not kneeling low enough or paying the due respect} - but in this epoch, the conditions in which the Servant caste is treated has improved slightly. There are many reasons for this, but the main reason is that some Servant families have by chance, given the Warrior caste able Warriors {such was the case with the family of Su'a - which made caste history as the first and only ever family known, to have moved up into the Toa caste, from the Servant caste}. But mostly, the Servant caste are there to serve. Nothing else. And although both the Naku and Lana castes make up the traditional "Feet" grouping of the caste system, the Lana are seen as much lower individuals than their brothers: the Naku.

This concludes the reciting of the origins of the Fuataga caste system, and also a description of the functionality of each caste and their relationship with each other. There exists many sour opinions about our caste system, but it is our way of life! In which we will defend with every ounce of strength our bodies can muster!

The migration from our Northern ancestral homelands into the lands of the House of Huber will be told in a latter account of the Fuataga history. Blessings upon your lives! And long live the Emperor!

At the council meeting of the Grand House of Huber, Huberian Palace, Nefres Heights in the city of Artok:

"... and it is with great pleasure that I, Cassius Huber, Lord of the Grand House of Huber, grant the Reight of Futaga to our newest family in the House," said Lord Cassius.

The room errupted into great cheers as the chief of the new family joined Lord Cassius at the table along with the other Reight holders. It was the first time another family had decided to pledge it's support to the House of Huber. Granted the title of 'Duke' had recently been granted to the House of Octavia due to the common ancestrial line of Airon I, but that was not as important as this day is.

The group continued to discuss the matters of state throughout the night. Airon II had just been renamed Emperor of the land, and Cassius was eager to get the next Council of Lords gathered together.

The House had remained a very influential force in the Empire. With the fishing grounds kept safe through the new Imperial Navy, the Octavian Fishing Cooperative was able to continue it's operations, and even expand into the waters outside of Octavia. New economic initiatives set-forth by the Emperor were getting underway in the North, and many of the Houses new cities were begining to flurish.

Cassius was very much like his Uncle and Grandfather, and although he wished to see the Empire continue it's conquests of the North, he knew that the Emperor was correct in his economic reforms. Without the money, no army would go anywhere. James Huber was busy chronicling the families triumphs. Polydormus Dankis was busy handling the research facilities for the Empire, and was working dilligently with the Imperial Research Foundation to spread scientific upgrades across the Northern Realm. Albert Draknith was preoccupied with the peace initiatives going on throughout the world, and was enjoying every moment he had abroad. In fact, after a recent trip to Egypt, Albert met with Airon II to inform him of the new advancements taking place at the Great Library. Meanwhile Joseph Draknith was involved in getting the military ready for any possible incursions upon the Empire's borders.

All in all the House was growing, and the economic possibilities were also increasing. Everyone looked to the future, and to the advancement of the Empire as a whole.

The Imperial House was celebrating its reelection under the Family of Airon II. The great city of Octavia was becoming a powerful player in the Empire. Airon II bore only daughters and pressure was on for the aging Emperor to name his heir. Many in the Grand House of Huber were asking to marry Airons' eldest daughter Marianna. Her beauty was but a bonus, according to Octavian law they would also be the heir to the Emperor. Claims to Airons' bloodline were also keeping the historians busy.

Airons' nephew Claude was a General in the Octavian Army and commanded the Octavian Cavalry, It was the most prestigious military position in the Imperial Army. Airon II came to Claude while he was on the road to reinforce the city of Zululand. He spoke before the entire Octavian Cavalry. "These years of peace will not last, it is but a matter of time before the Native American war will commence. Even now Shaka is forging new armies to threaten the prosperity of our lands and people. The Empire will need a conquerer not a politician to lead them in this struggle. I hereby name General Claude my rightful heir to the House of Octavia and the Empire of Artonia."

Xer stood on the balcony with a simple frown on his face. Darned in military regalia, Xer looked like the average general but he was certainly not. Becoming the head of the family earlier in the year had set off a spark in anti-Imperial sediments. The Arkans were Jews to the death, and the introduction of Hinduism into the lands had done nothing but cause sabotage after sabotage and riot after riot. The people had had enough. Now with Xer, a radical Jew, in control it seemed like God was giving them a sign to raise up.

The young man noticed a crowd of people forming below him, armed with weapons and angry face shouting. Soon this crowd became a mob and they yelled to him to stop this oppression. Xer smiled and yelled to his people.

"People of Arkan!" He began, "We have been suppressed and degraded for too long. Now is the time in which we must fight those who have denied God's will! I say we throw off the shackles of oppression and leave a nation that dare fight us. Who is with me?!" And a barrage of cheers and praise leaped from the crowd and resounded through the city.

Immediately a council was called to Arkan, one delegate from each of the four townships and then three feudal lords from the surrounding countryside. Within six hours they had formed the Grand Principality of Arkan and had named Xer as Grand Prince. This was a revolt unseen by anyone.

News of the uprising reached the Emperor just before dawn. He called forth an immediate meeting with the rest of the Houses. Before they arrived he signed an Imperial decree stripping Arkan of all its appointments and is now under the direct control of the Emperor. Who signed a warrant for the execution of Xer and his followers. An initial report on the city of Arkans status was brought to the Emperor as the Heads of the Houses walked into the Imperial Palace in Artok.

Intelligence Report on the City of Arkan:

Imperial soldiers have secured all vital infrastructure necessary to the cities operation.
Production of the Heroic Epic National Memorial are on schedule without interruption.
Food levels for the population are sufficient for the citizenry.
All lands surrounding the city are presently secure.

The uprising seems to be limited to a Jewish Sect that has covertly propped its leader into a position of power. Xer of Arkan narrowly escaped capture and killed 7 Imperial Gaurd Soldiers before fleeing. His whereabouts are unknown and we have several of his followers detained.

Upon hearing the news of the uprising, Pro-Consul Cassius Huber immediatly informed the council.

"My fellow Lords, I have been informed by the Emperor that the city of Arkan has formed an open revolt against the Empire. I have been requested to join the Emperor at the Palace to help counter the revolutionaries," said Lord Cassius.

The entire room went silent, and mouths fell to the floor. Noone seemed to know what to do, but soon the silence was broken.

"So at this time, I am calling a recess to the Council of Lords. I would request that you all remain here at the Huberian Palace until we reconvene. Please feel free to make yourselves at home," explained Lord Cassius.

Cassius made his way to the Palace where the Emperor was working frantically with his subordinates.

"Emperor Airon, I have come as you requested," said Lord Cassius, "I cannot believe that this has happened. Although the tension in Arkan has increased over the last few years."

"Pro-Consul Huber, I am going to need you to assist me with handling this situation. I understand that the House of Huber had a major turmoil in it's past, so I am hoping that you will be able to give me cousul on this matter." Requested the Emperor.

"Yes Emperor, during the reign of Lord Polaris of the House of Huber, the twins of the Draknith family revolted against the house. We were able to put a stop to it, but at a very high price. I would recommend swift action, but not bloodshed." responded Lord Cassius.

"We will need to ensure that our troops on the ground are loyal to the Empire. I assume you have placed General Claude in charge, but if you would like I can have General Joseph Draknith handle the situation. The House of Huber is loyal to no specific religion, and therefore I can guarantee the loyalty of our soldiers. Also, with the arrest of the revolutionaries, we will need a court set-up to prosecute the founders of the revolt. I believe that you will want to show justice in this time of need Emperor, because further revolts may spring up if the Jewish population believes it is being persecuted." Said Lord Cassius.

"Perhaps the Emperor would grant me the permission to assemble a group of the House leaders to prosecute the criminals?" questioned Lord Cassius.

The two sat in the throne room discussing the problem for hours. The Emperor had many decisions to make, but at least he knew that the House of Huber was complely loyal to him and the Empire. Before leaving to consult General Draknith, Cassius made one more request of the Emperor.

"Sir, I believe that the House of Reichkaiser had an internal split many generations ago. If it were possible to find the heirs of this split, we may be able to dismiss the House of Reichkaiser, and instead grant all property, and rights to this other house. They would still be decendants of Vandal I, and therefore would be entitled to the privleges of the house. If you would like I can look into the matter." said Lord Cassius.

After that the two parted ways. Lord Cassius headed back to the Huberian Palace on the Nefres Heights to await the Emperor's orders, and to inform the other Lords of the situation.

Veraxx stood with his robe flowing in the breeze. The man looked out across the city of Domgriend with pride, but something hurt him internally. He recalled his days of youth with his family the House of Laros, the house that split from the main Vahalax line. Then he remembered Xer, his childhood friend and cousin. Each were destined to become heads of their seperate domains, but the two went their seperate ways later on. Veraxx went to Domgriend and Xer went to Arkan.

Now Xer was on the run as leader of rebellion, while Veraxx governed his city with benevolence. They called him Veraxx the Kind, but no one would belive he would have the strength to kill his friend if the time came. And that time would come soon enough.

At the Huberian Palace on the Nefres Heights in Artok:

"Edward, congradulations on becoming the next Lord of the House," said one of the family members.

"Thank you very much. It is an extremely honorable position, and I am hopeful that the House will continue on it's current path." Responded Lord Edward.

The Grand House of Huber was expanding. Recently, Lord Edward was made the Admiral of the Imperial Navy. New families were attaining Reights that had not been granted to a family unit in thousands of years. And previous family holdings such as the Octavian Fishing Co-operative were increasing profits with the large increase of families in the Northern Realm.

"Ah, Lord Fuagata, thank you for attending tonight's ceremonies," said Lord Edward, "I am pleased that you have accepted the Reight of Fuataga. It is a powerful position that not only confirms your leadership amongst your own family, but shows that the rest of the Grand House has accepted you as one of their own. You are no longer under the charge of the Dankis Family. You are now the first in hopefully a long line of Fuataga's from the Grand House of Huber."

Lord Fuataga, now many years in age, smiled at the head of the house, and the two talked as they walked through the palace.

"... and who might I ask is this?" Questioned Lord Fuataga?

"Ahh yes, this is the portrait of Emperor Huber I 'The Immortal'. He was the first member of this house to lead our Empire as Emperor. Many believe that his successful reign lead to the Golden Age of power that we are now seeing. He was an example to us all. Perhaps some day one of your decendants will grace our walls with his own Emperial portrait." Responded Lord Edward.

As the night continued many of the family members made there way out of the Palace. Many of the old family houses were now gone, as the family had moved all across the Empire. However, in their place rose new additions to the Grand Palace.

"I hear that you have been names Pro-Consul of the Empire?" Asked Lord Edward.

"Yes, the Emperor has placed me in charge of the Council. Your father was a great Pro-Consul, and I believe that his help in organizing the Lords has increased the efficiency of the Empire. I only hope that I do as well," said Lord Fuataga.

"I'm sure you will be an excellent Pro-Consul," responded Lord Edward, "However, my friend I must adjourn. The Emperor has called a Council, and I have much to plan for before then. I will see you in the Council chambers of the Palace in the morning. Have a good night Lord."

The remainder of the guests at the Palace made there way out into the moonlight, as Lord Edward was finishing up his presentation for the Council. He could not help but wonder what his new naval department would bring to the Empire. Perhaps new uncharted worlds, and new resources for the Empire to uncover...

Emperor Claude stood at his balcony outside of the Thrown Room in the Imperial Palace. Looking over the great city of Artok he pondered where he might lead the Empire after his most trusted General finished taking the rest of Shakas' cities. What he thought was an honor bestowed upon his greatest friend in the Empire turned out to be a slap in the face. Men like us belong on the battlefield not in the Imperial Halls, he thought. They'd attended Arkan Military School together and went on to command Imperial Armies during the Native American War. "I guess we are old men now and politics is all we have left." he muttered under his breath.....

His son, Sir Civius was also upset with him. With his father becoming Emperor he thought for sure he would be named Supreme Commander of the Imperial Armies. First Knight of Artonia was a very prominent military position but he was young and the world was before him. Octavian Culture took the equistrian military tradition very seriously and he was looked upon by his people with great admiration. The Emperor decided to retire for the evening still holding the 2 letters in his hand, one bearing the Reichkaiser crescent, the other an Octavian......

The Emperor sat looking over the battle plans with General Sereus II of Reichkaiser. "Our forces are spread out and many are recovering from their wounds." The Supreme Military Commander explained. "Many of our men shall perish as we will not have the luxury of barraging all of the cities before invading them." Claudes' heart was troubled, under his reign their has only been death from both battle and labor. Conquest was in his blood but their was only so much a man could take and he refused to harden his heart. He'd made his decision, damn be the council if they did not like it.
"Emperor Claude, welcome to Fua. What brings you this far north?" asked Pei Fuataga "I am visiting the cities of Artonia and bringing a message to the people. They are rioting in the streets, killing one another, hasn't their been enough bloodshed." The Emperor sat talking to the Pro-Consul for hours. Pei explained to the Emperor how the Fuataga Caste System worked. It was an ancient system that brought much prosperity to their people. Octavian law was explained to Pei and he was amazed at the deep background of the Emperial House. Then the Emperor was off in the cover of night, for the meeting was fast approaching......

Around a huge glowing, open Fire - sit all the Chieftains and Orators of the Fuataga Clan. They have gathered at Night fall {as tradition dictates} to discuss the recent events that have happened within the Artonian Empire. Pei Fuataga, the Chief of Chiefs, stands up. The flickering light of the Fire illuminates his tall, powerful body.

- "Greetings to you all, my Brothers. We are assembled here tonight, to discuss the recent rebellion that has infected this land in which we have all come to Love. This land; Artonia. Led by Xer; a Jewish fanatic - the House of Octavia has been overthrown. Emperor Claude, blessed be his name, is now residing in foreign lands. Betrayed by his own son: Civius, who now joins his ancestors in the after life - after being killed by Xer! I have discussed with our Huberian Brothers Chieftain; Lord Edward about a plan of action - his disdain for the Xer rebellion is obvious and clear, may Edward be blessed with many children by Fua and Taga! Brothers, let Fua and Taga give their wisdom to us tonight, blessed be this meeting - for it is now opened!"

The meeting went on for many hours, until the Sun started to raise its head from its sleep. A decision was made, after careful deliberation - all Castes; every woman man and child are to be summoned to the Fono-Nofo at full Sun rise. It is then, that a chosen Orator will tell all the Castes a set of Commands concerning the rebellion of Xer. Furthermore, all the generals of the Warrior Caste have already been informed to start preparing their troops for War. A military expedition from the Cities of "Fua" and "Fuataga" are to be made against the Rebels, immediately after the construction of the Jewish Temple in Fua is destroyed!

##Several Hours later - the Assembly is about to take place##

*All the Castes are called into the huge Fono-Nofo {Assembly Grounds}. The Chiefs and Orators are seated at the front, the Warrior Caste behind, and the Merchant and Servant Caste far behind. Until suddenly - Salu Niu, a Grey bearded Orator - whose hair is shaven {a tradition within the Orator Caste which symbolizes an Orator of great distinction}. And whom is highly respected by everyone in the Fuataga Clan, stands up, his left hand grasping onto his Orator staff... his eyes; faded, but still reflecting the Suns rays. He stands erect, and with some initial difficulty cries, at the top of his lungs - a set of rules that are to be obeyed by the whole Fuataga Clan*

Salu Niu; the Great Fuataga Orator

"LISTEN oh my Children! Listen to what the Head says! These Commands are to be obeyed without question!"

*Salu Niu, lifts his long Orator staff and points it straight into the Heavens above...*

"FOR as Fua and Taga are watching us! Do not let them be ASHAMED!"

*All the Castes cheer and are captivated by the seasoned Orators word-craft*

"By the words of the High-Castes these following Commands are to be handed down through the Generations, for as long as Xer - cursed be his name, remains Emperor of Artonia - let these Commands be followed! Anyone Man or Women... or even Child, found to be talking or even walking on the same foot path with a Jewish Xer rebel - is to be be-headed! Any Warrior from the Toa Caste who is seen infatuating with a Jewish Xer rebel girl, will be be-headed! It is GREAT honor to kill a hundred Jewish Xer rebels - a Warrior who does so will be given 50 tails of Cattle!!"

*One Warrior; Toa Ulu - a great fighter, stands up amongst his Caste brothers and with a booming voice; announces...*

"I, Toa Ulu, will kill so many Xer Dogs that Taga herself will kiss my bloody Blades!!!"

*The whole assembly Cheers and Screams War Chants! Salu Niu smiles, he knows that the Castes will be true to their every word. He waves his Orator staff, and the Castes quieten down... the War Chants slowly subside*

"Praise be to the Warrior Caste! For such displays of Blood lust! Alas, let the Commands be finished... All retired Warriors, are to report to the High-Caste assembly - their knowledge is needed for the approaching War. All Fuataga Citizens who reside in the City of "Fua" are to rebel against the building of Jewish Temple in the City itself!! Any Fuataga clan member who follows the way of the Jews is to have nothing to DO with the Xer fanatics! If it is found to be true that you even bow or show respect to a known Xer Jew, you will be be-headed! YOU and your family! That now concludes the....."

*Suddenly, the Naku and Lana Castes - of which many are devout Jewish converts begin to murmur, until finally a man from the Naku {Merchant Caste} - knowing that speaking amongst a gathered assembly with High-Caste attendants means certain death... Naku Tupe, the well known son of a rich Merchant {but none the less hated by the Higher Castes - due to the fact that his mother is of foreign blood} stands up and begins to speak, and with a firm voice he announces..*

"Being a Jew does not mean being a Xer rebel, most gracious Lords - and all High-Caste brothers, let my ancestor Naku kill me where I stand! But before he does so, let it be known that I detest these outdated and backward Commands passed down from the High-Castes, that have always hated us Jewish Converts! May Jehovah, God of all - take his revenge"

*With this, a great upstart is sparked - many Warriors begin to pull out their swords and many Naku and Lana women start to hold their children tightly... scared for their lives. Until, fearing an inter-Caste conflict - Salu Niu, with all the might and power his lungs could muster... Roars out words, that even a Lion would fear...*

"BROTHERS!! Let Fua and Taga CURSE us all!! For we have become like outsiders!! Bickering amongst ourselves!! Let my Staff be the Rod for which my grave will be MEASURED!!!!"

*Shocked and stunned by these words... the Castes bow, their heads to the dirt beneath them... {A sign of great apology}*

"Naku Tupe - your words are strong and powerful, but they are not the words of an Orator! You are the son of a wealthy Merchant, of whom many respect for his contributions to the Clan. But DO NOT forget your place! For the Vultures are hungry for those who step out of their place!! Me and my High-Caste brothers do not dis-favor the Jewish religion - but rather, the fact that Xer is a Jew! And therefore, he has shamed and dishonored ALL Jews! This is our Wisdom, this is our Logic! Let it be obeyed!!!"

*With this, the Old Orator slowly turns and walks back into the High-Caste council behind him... all the Castes are dismissed.. and peace, although unstable at this dire time.. is kept between the Castes*

Xer looked at the men assembled in front of him. These were what was left of the broken family of the Reichkaiser. There were seven of them, and they were the last seven men in the Reichkaiser family, save Xer himself. They were now the Arkan Guard, personal bodyguards to the Emperor. These men had loyalty drilled into their skull, so being a traitor was impossible.

The Reichkaisers were dying, Vandal's direct male-line had died out and now the House of Laros was on the verge. Xer, the Arkan Guard, and the Guardian of Vandal's Tomb were all that were left of the Arkan people, and only two royals remained. Xer's son was killed by Hindu radicals long ago, leaving only one possible heir to the throne, the last member of the House of Vahalax. A chill went down Xer's spine as he thought about her. Adelaide, was strong willed and stubborn but the Artonian Empire followed Salic Law, however if Xer remained on the throne it would be abolished. As he continued to think, Adelaide herself entered the room, blade in hand.

The duel for the throne between Adelaide Vahalax and Xer Laros began early in the morning after a breif breakfast. The two stood on the hill before Vandal the Victor's tomb. Each wore nothing more than a light shirt and war skirt. They were armed with their own blade, Adelaide used Vandal's while Xer used Domgriend's. As they squared off, a crowd of people surrounded the two, but they were forced back by the Arkan Guard.

"Scared, little girl?" Xer taunted with a big grin on his face, but Adelaide remained silent. The duel began instantly as Xer charged forward and stabbed at his opponent but Adelaide, blocked the blow and then cut down with here own sword. The blade grazed the Emperor's cheek and left a long, but not deep, cut. He stumbled back and then thrust forward again, this time slashing at Adelaide. It was like an dance as Xer slashed and Adelaide blocked. They repeated this several times before Adelaide went on the offensive, but they entered a sword lock and the sound of scraping metal resounded through the hills.

"I will not let you corrupt our family name any longer!" Adelaide yeled as she pushed Xer back and out of the sword lock. The Emperor fell bakc and lost his sword, which Adelaide caught swiftly in the air. When Xer looked up, his opponent had one blade at his thoat and the other raise high in the air. Without mercy, Adelaide brought the second blade down and sliced off the man's head. Ending Xer's breif rule, and beging a new era of reberth for the Reichkaisers.

The letter from his good friend Sereus II reached Claude and he was brought much joy by the death of the Dark Emperor. The man was exactly what Claude was afraid of becoming. Sereus II also told him of the new family that has taken power within his house and that he was welcome to return to the Empire. With his exile overruled by the council of lords he planned to return to Octavia.

He returned to a heros welcome and was instantly made High King of the Octavia territories. He would also represent the Octavians in the council of lords. Any thoughts of running for Emperor again were quickly dismissed but with a huge grin on his face. "What is so funny" asked his grandson sitting on his lap. "In due time Mersius......

Top Bottom