if you where to combine two civs special abilitys what civs?

Germany + OE would still be worse than many other single UA's ;)

A Mix of France,Rome,India would rule the world.

France + India : good culture and happiness is much easier
France + Rome : good culture and good production
Rome + India : productivity knows no limit.

rome is geared toward a larger empire warlike empire while india is geared toward a smaller peaceful empire

France + Babylon..

You'd have a big cultural boost, and you'd be able to reach techs more quickly than the competition, allowing quicker access to wonders. Two great tastes that would taste great together.:drool:

France + Egypt and Egypt + Babylon would also work well for that.

A less obvious combination I'd like to try is Persia and China. Start Golden Ages with Great Generals FTW.

Deserves a prize for most creative, even if not the strongest.

I got another fun one: America and England. Longbows in the frontline can now use their full range. Think about it for a moment.

Seriously though, I would stick with Siam and add Babylon UA. You get about 3 more great scientists throughout the game; I wonder when I can launch the spaceship?

Deserves a prize for most creative, even if not the strongest.

I got another fun one: America and England. Longbows in the frontline can now use their full range. Think about it for a moment.

Seriously though, I would stick with Siam and add Babylon UA. You get about 3 more great scientists throughout the game; I wonder when I can launch the spaceship?

great one for england and america, also it "melds" well, both land and sea units can see farther:goodjob:

Some that haven't been mentioned:

England + Polynesia: Reveal the whole world before 2000BC!
Spain + Polynesia: Chances are, you'll be finding the Great Reef and Krakatoa unless someone conveniently started right next to them.
France + Russia: A bit of a stretch, but watch as your city borders engulf your opponents once you get Kreposts running. Also, cities. EVERYWHERE. And with a nuke in each for good measure.

Denmark and Japan. Unstoppable Viking Hordes anyone?

Some that haven't been mentioned:

England + Polynesia: Reveal the whole world before 2000BC!
Spain + Polynesia: Chances are, you'll be finding the Great Reef and Krakatoa unless someone conveniently started right next to them.
France + Russia: A bit of a stretch, but watch as your city borders engulf your opponents once you get Kreposts running. Also, cities. EVERYWHERE. And with a nuke in each for good measure.

two thirds of those where mentioned by me

rome is geared toward a larger empire warlike empire while india is geared toward a smaller peaceful empire

Imho India is best for big empires with big cities. At the latest in medieval when cities are growing, you getting enough production to build enough buildings, and can further growth in size without having that problems with happiness. So the bonus together from rome would make a very strong nation, based on the infrastructure.

Russia + Mongolia = All The Pretty Horses

Spain + Mongolia; since city-states are often in possession of natural wonders

Babylon + Persia; more scientist golden age burning

Inca + Arabia; trade routes cheaper to hook up and more lucrative.

Persia + Japan; fast golden age bushido warriors

Songhai + Mongolia; city-states fall easier and bring more plunder

France + Aztec = If my cities don't produce the extra culture I'll just steal it from your souls

Actually, if you're burning great people for golden ages, China and Persia would work better. Plus you can warmonger during a Golden Age with a Great General and then burn it for another golden age.

Imho India is best for big empires with big cities. At the latest in medieval when cities are growing, you getting enough production to build enough buildings, and can further growth in size without having that problems with happiness. So the bonus together from rome would make a very strong nation, based on the infrastructure.

Yeah, this one would be scary. Infrastructure is always best, and these two reinforce each other. Huge late-game multiplier.

Edit: actually, on further consideration, it's too good. You can't have it. :)

Top Bottom