I'm leaving!

Chieftess

Retired Moderator
<rant>Most of you probably don't know the whole story, but frankly, I'm sick and tired of being unnapreciated in this game (both of them). Maybe it's just the rants of a 'cranky and irratable woman'... maybe I'm just 'pulling an AoA'... but maybe it just reached a boiling point. I've made the demogame news, I've made the demogame webpage, I've even made a turnchat list, but do I get any help? Very little if any! (and yes, I've asked for help) I try to make this game a bit more fun for everyone, since we have all these beuarocractic rules now. The new demogame is starting soon, and I thought it would be very helpful if I helped set things up. I even had a new thread for a 'department info' thing (which the 'Provincial Development Office' was a part of. I log on this morning, and see the whole thing is blasted after hours of working on the entire thing! Not at the very least some gratitude for the thought. And it's just not that. In the chatroom, everyone piles on my just to advertise in Civ3Gen. If you want me to help, then atlest let me help in the demogame. Being the 'odd one out' when Duke selected the next demogame mods at the start of this game just left me a bit fuming. Sure, I know 90% of this is probably pm material, but then you wouldn't know the reason why I'm seriously considering leaving this game. In fact, all my life I've been the odd one out, never able to help out, always rejected. I just try to make this game more fun, and easier to follow, but getting all of my ideas blasted just doesn't help. Even at the start of the first demogame, I had ideas for mayors, and mentioned the citizen registry, but never got credit for those. Instead, it was blasted out of the water. When the RPG was being set up, I knew it wasn't going to last too long with just businesses (and everyone did get tired of those after about 5-6 months). I just feel like I'm out of the loop of how to make this game better. Even in the game, there's those who like to take a swipe at me (and I'm not naming names, you know who you are) just because I'm another mod participating in the demogame. What it boils down to is that I liked this game concept a lot, and I really wanted to help out, but just being utterly rejected and unappreciated in the process just doesn't help! No more news, no more advertising, no more webpage! (and I just hope this is an AoA style rant! Maybe it's even the Civ3 Section mod stress talking... sound familar? I just hope I don't go beserk...) Oh, and not to mention that everyone just takes this game far too seriously sometimes. I've had it!</rant>

That's it! GOODBYE!!

Never appreciated? Come on Chieftess, how many times were you elected president? All you had to do was decide to run for president and you'd be elected. You have had many citizens appreciate you in both demogames even if no one ever came out and said *thank you* for all you've done you've always gotten what you asked for in the demogames. Any office and loads of support so that you could even do what you wanted with the offices you held. You have done many good things for the demogames and I'm sure you have more to contribute. Perhaps a vacation is called for. There's nothing wrong with stepping back from the demogame for awhile. It can actually be a good thing. Take a break and get away from this for awhile. I am sure you will always be welcome when you decide to return.

CT.... Don't leave :cry:

Things don't always work out the way you want it. It never will, but that is no reason just to give up. Your idea's have been blasted out of the water? You should see how many of mine has been utterly destroyed. Also... you get to help out alot more than some people. I even asked if I could possibly post the elections (sense it was time and neither Shaitan nor eyrei was on), but you said no and posted them. I've offered to help on several occasions, but after being turned down on most of those I gave up asking.

Yes, PM would have been a lot better. Oh well...

I appreciated the effort but it was misplaced. By charging in there like you did you were rampaging over eyrei and I. Those forums were set up as private for now so they could be set up the way the mods want them and by who the mods want to do it. There were specific plans in place that you had no idea of because you didn't even pause to ask us what was going on. I know you're excited about the new game starting but so are other people, including one helper who did ask ahead of time to be allowed to do what you just jumped in and did. There was also the fact that you could only post those threads by abusing your supermod powers to access a mod private forum that you were not entitled to be in. Add to that the fact that I encountered your handiwork in the pre-caffeine morning and was extremely peeved and the result was me cleaning out the new forums.

For the rest, I'm sorry that you feel that way. Rather, I'm sorry you let that get to you. It is normal and expected behavior on a web forum, even one with a community that has been together as long as this one. If you take on all of these responsibilities expecting kudos at the end then I can easily see why you are upset now. That just doesn't happen. It's not that people don't appreciate things it is simply that when you perform to a certain level it becomes expected and no longer seen as the effort it actually is. (I work in corporate America so I learned this lesson long ago. ;) )

As far as a department info thread, feel free to discuss it. I didn't delete it because I'm vetoing the concept but rather because it was there.

Also, judging by poll results, we won't have a huge beaurocracy in DG3.

I posted the threads there since I'm also a part of the demogame and I thought I was doing a favor by helping out, especially since it was still private (I thought all mods could see it...). I guess you didn't see it that way... But still, CFC isn't corporate America... we don't get paid for this... So much for goig the extra mile to try and help someone out...

No, I unfortunately didn't see it like that. My first thought was that everybody would think you were a Demogame moderator when those forums opened up. You copied and pasted things (Needed Things, for example) from my perspective, including my mod notes in color, with you as the poster.

My second thought was that you were increasing your post count in a drive to 7000. Sorry, but since you put "5th person to 6,000 posts!" in your sig that's in the back of my head any time you post. Especially short posts. :(

My third thought wasn't nice at all but I went outside for an inhalant break and came back in with a new perspective so that...

Thought four realized you were trying to help and were overeager. I can understand that and I certainly appreciate your effort. I wish it hadn't been wasted and it wouldn't have been if you had contacted eyrei or I before you did it. We could have told you what parts you could help with and what other people were going to do and what had to be done by the actual demogame mods themselves.

Let's chalk it up to a mistake and move forward. You're a very welcome and important part of the demogame and your many efforts are appreciated (even if that's not said aloud too often). Now, if you're still interested in helping out... ;)

Post count had nothing to do with it. I edited my post a bit to add something but the forum had a database error.. Basically I wasn't even expecting that sort of response. I pm'd you since I thought I was telling you what I helped out with. I intended to edit the threads in the 2nd run. That's why some were blank - I was going to write it in my own wording. Besides, it was private, so no one could view it yet. I didn't even expect you to turn on me like that. I'm not trying to spill out my life story, but just being left out and rejected again is very hurtful when I'm just trying to help.

You posted at the same time I was finishing my edit above.

Believe me that nobody wants to leave you out or reject you. Your help is very welcome and I haven't turned on you. The only real problem here was the way that you went about trying to help. You can't just assume somebody else's responsibilities without asking and that's what you did here.

/me is sort of at a loss for words
CT, If I can say but one thing, it is this.
PLEASE DONT GO!!
Yes, I understand that you have had some excess (some being an understatement) work piled on top of you. But what about those of us who need your help? Yes, I know that you created a lot of the websites et all, but please dont go.
You know what, Im stopping my post here. I have made my statement and I am currently at a loss of things to back it up. If you go, I respect that and I'll see you in the SG forum.

Chieftess, you were a solid anchor in many perilous and confusing moments for this Newbie, certainly.

I was hoping to see how you handled the ancient times, particularly with an interesting, "Builder's" civ on line.

In any case, you have my thanks for your work while I was in the game.

CT.... I'll ask you again.... Please don't leave.... If you do it would make the game very un-fun for some of us and just leave it to pretty much Shaitan & I who has been in the demogame from day 1 with no-stops. I like Shaitan, but that's a scary thought ;)

I think there is something here I don't have insight in... The next demogame forum if I understand correctly?

Anyway, Chieftess please don't leave. I, and many others I believe, are very appreciative of what you do. If there is something I wonder about in the demogame, I ask you, as I know you usualy have the answers. And I greatly respect and appreciate what you are doing in and for the demogame, though I don't remember I have ever told you so. :(

I consider you a de facto demogame mod, even if you aren't.
If someone asked me who is in charge in the demogame, I think I would say Chieftess first, and then Shaitan and eyrei (no offence to the mods).

Please don't leave Chieftess. We realy do appreciate your contributions in the demogame.

Before you leave CT:
Thank you for all the things you helped me with in the demogame, and other places. Especially in DG1 when I was governor without a game. You helped me make the queues by being my eyes, and mostly my brain. You made suggestions, fixed errors. Even in this past game, you spotted errors I made, and told me. You were more than a moderator. You treated the demogame like it was a child to you. Thank you for all you've done. Goodbye CT.

(P.S. don't forget to raid the staff fridge before you leave ;))

I remember when I started...
I was the newbie governor.
Of course, I was also the maccie of the crew. So I was the head of the biggest, most corrupt province and I had the slightest idea what to do. So, of course, CT to the rescue. She helped me make up queues for that term. Shes been a real big part of this fame. Ill miss her.

I must add that without Chieftess I would have had big problems knowing what to do in my first province as well. The fact that I even am a part of the demogame should probably be credited to Chieftess.

If you wan't to leave Chieftess, I won't stop you. But please don't leave with the impression that you wasn't appreciated.

CT, please don't leave. All of us oldbies have been angry with the DG once or twice. But please don't leave. Things'll get better with the less buerocratic DG3. Belive me, even though we haven't expressed it, you are an integral part of the DG and you are appriciated. Alas, 'tis your decision... sorry to see you go, CT. You will be missed. :(

CT, if you leave you will quickly realize how hard it is to stay away from this game... it was impossible for me, at least. Soon the hands start shaking, and you dream about it at night... it calls you back. Trust me, my week-long exile was hell..... don't do it. :(

Don't go, CT. :(

Chieftess, please don't go. I'm new to the demogame, but from what I've seen so far, you've really contributed to this game. You are certainly not rejected, given that you received 57.5% of the vote for president out of a field of three qualified candidates. You've also been president several times before. Chieftess, do not leave for the sake of the demogame. We all admire your controbutions to the game, even if we do not express it often.

I know it's a thankless job, but that's not the reason we do this work. We do it because we know we are helping the board and posters and, hopefully, enjoy what we are doing. If you no longer enjoy what you are doing for the game, then maybe it is time to move on, or simply reduce your involvement in it. It is very easy to get burned out on something that can consume so much of your life.

I'm hoping you stay on to work with the demogame. It wouldn't be at the point it is now without all of your effort. Granted, it may not be the the level of involvement you wanted, but the fact that the game continues on with as little problems as it has shows that your efforts pay off. Generally, everyone who particpates in the game helps it, obviously, some more than others. There are certain key people who make this game operate as well as it does, you are definately one of them.

I think you should stay, CT. Please don't leave the demogame. Although, I do think that you have done more work than your share.

Is it possible that you would stay but have some of the burden lifted? I don't mean to be rude.

Top Bottom