ImmacuNES II B- Emperor of the Fading Heavens

To the Orthodoxy
From House Texier

We intend to assert ownership over your abandoned fiefdom to our south, and we would like confirmation if possible that this fief is indeed abandoned and no longer counted as Church property.

We had thought to perhaps rebuild it after taking it back from the local warlords. if you are willing to put the effort and money into recovering these lands we would ask that you allow us to continue to administer to any churches or church religious edifices (though not temporal ones) and that you consider them sovereign church territory. In exchange we will recognize your rule over these lands.

Deal?

To All Discussing the contact with Eevis:

Personally I feel we should simply kill them all with the Pancreator's purifying fire.

Lady Alex, Black Clan, Sceptre Holder, The Query

The Royal Cabinet is temporarily closed for observation. It will be re-opened in due course.

Why?

We had thought to perhaps rebuild it after taking it back from the local warlords. if you are willing to put the effort and money into recovering these lands we would ask that you allow us to continue to administer to any churches or church religious edifices (though not temporal ones) and that you consider them sovereign church territory. In exchange we will recognize your rule over these lands.

Deal?

Deal with the sole proviso that the Churches do not shield people from prosecution in the Texier courts any more than may be their right anywhere elsewhere in Texier territory.

Is that agreeable to you?

The ultimate judicial authority in all territories, regardless of if it be Texier or Orthodoxy fiefdom is ultimately the Pancreator and by extension his church. As long as you remember that, then yes, deal.

The ultimate judicial authority in all territories, regardless of if it be Texier or Orthodoxy fiefdom is ultimately the Pancreator and by extension his church. As long as you remember that, then yes, deal.

Of course. Deal.

OOC: what are all the black dots on the E2 map?

me mucking up photoshop :(

To All Discussing the contact with Eevis:

Personally I feel we should simply kill them all with the Pancreator's purifying fire.

Lady Alex, Black Clan, Sceptre Holder, The Query

Agreed. Those who opened the wounds of Stigmata should never be forgiven.

Belgit'Al, Matriarch of the Sanctious'Als

OOC: Immac, what is the cost each year of upkeeping the E2 dykes and levees that the Authority previously dealt with?

Did the Authority actually have any actual responsibilities apart from that?

OOC: Immac, what is the cost each year of upkeeping the E2 dykes and levees that the Authority previously dealt with?

Did the Authority actually have any actual responsibilities apart from that?

all dykes/levies everywhere: its like 20+ MF/turn but i never really thought about it- it was more story then economics

they didn't have responsibilities. But they had business- they were controlling most of the trade coming into and out of E2. also they were selling purified water and food and distributing it a lot too. so they were in the carry trade too.

Texier said:
To House Klorin and the buyer of the Klorin fief on Errovus Secondus
From House Texier

We will not outbid the current bid of 16MF for your fief on Errovus Secondus, but we would like to know from one of you by private channels, if possible, who the new owner of this fief is, because as they will necessarily be hard pressed in military terms we may be able to help them or otherwise do business with them.

That's fine, someone I know outbid me as well. Klorin wouldn't let me outbid the other again because the deal was sealed before it got back to us. After this happened Naprous let Klorin off the sealed 17mf deal (after dropping the 1mf they owed us), and then was blamed... perhaps it would have been better to stick with the letter of the law and get 17 for nothing, but that didn't feel right.

On issues of present import, you're irradiated by the big cloud, don't you need help yourself? I might be able to loan a rad-division your way if you don't want to pay for the design. (It'd be more but I just repaid a loan this round.) I am totally underfunded this round so I might not be able to do it though.

Could the Evvis bond to one? And if so, do they get to vote in elections? :lol:

Yes they would since its anonymous. Btw all, I still consider it mine, but whomever finds it for me can expect a hefty reward (prolly around 30mf or 20mf + one of either exports or imports). I'd prolly not bother to war for it though as I don't consider scepters that important in comparison to money, guns and technology, but I'd definitely take some sort of action economically and through asymmetrical means.

Regarding sending troops to help people, by my count since NBC and Infantry III cost the same but count 10k and 6,5k men respectivel (thus making the unit 50% more expensive per man), and are the same except for extensive training and equipment would it be possible to upgrade them? I figure it'd be 3mf for upgrading 2 Inf III units to 3 NBC Infantry III units. (as it'd cost 1mf to upgrade per 6,7k soldiers)
Actually that's only one mathematical way of looking at it, 3NBC Infantry Divisions cost 6 and 2 Inf III upgraded to 2 NBC for 3 would be 7, so the upgrade would be the most mathetmatically correct at 2, but only if there wasn't a penalty, which is why if it's allowed at all I think it should be 3. Not that I wouldn't prefer the former, but it seems cheesy.

If I have to rename the city to "Raccoon City," and all that is left is a big hulking flaming wasteland, there will be some answering to be done.

Big flaming wasteland is exactly had in mind. After trying to get some civilians out. Can't risk this crap spreading further. Ca

About garrison expansion on E2 said:
I would consider doing that if I didn't feel that it would set a bad precedent, and if the entire area had not been irradiated.
Only waters of E2 are irritated. There are still countless of people who are willing to pay taxes and you have forces there to expand your defense over freemen areas. They don't mind and MOST houses are doing it. It'd be stupid to leave out possible increase of income due to something as unimportant as "pollution".

Meanwhile, I am taking suggestions for a Garrison's own air unit to counter Symbiot aerial creatures and also for reconnaissance. The one with the best suggestion will receive a small prize.

I was thinking about that :p Helicopters! Many small guns some heavy explosives missiles. Hit-nd-run tactics. All choppas' shielded against outside air/soundwaves, to limit effectiveness of symbiot stun/mind-control.

Can rotor blades be worked to overcome symbiot acid barrage?

And small flaming wasteland is fine, as long as important Garrison facilities and some part of the city is saved. Limit collateral damage to minimum amounts.

Only waters of E2 are irritated. There are still countless of people who are willing to pay taxes and you have forces there to expand your defense over freemen areas. They don't mind and MOST houses are doing it. It'd be stupid to leave out possible increase of income due to something as unimportant as "pollution".

All I can say is it's profitable in the long term to expand one's holdings into disaster zones or slums, but better profits can be found elsewhere unless you're looking to help out the people living there and/or shoeing in for strategic regional gains. Literally all my considerable rise in income come from 70% investment into my original area (turned out to be very nice), the whole removal of Authority control of the economy so far has only risen my income by 2 (I think), the other 13 is from my own investment, nothing from the new areas. The 30% investment into controlling the new areas has net nothing yet but some control over demand, lots of potential trouble, and long-term oppertunities. I'm starting investment now to buoy the economy with a free economic zone for my nobles + some investment on my own, but just consider this a bit of a warning these places are high-maintainance projects and only worth it if you want to control more of E2 and/or help people.

I was thinking about that :p Helicopters! Many small guns some heavy explosives missiles. Hit-nd-run tactics. All choppas' shielded against outside air/soundwaves, to limit effectiveness of symbiot stun/mind-control.

That sounds neat, what with helicopters being so effective with support fire and loiter time! Personally I prefer Jets though... how maneuverable are symbiots in air to air combat? Let's just say playing Gunship 2000 when I was 9 taught me helicopters are very vulnerable A2A. (I played with nose dive forward does not go into ground... but I learnt that a year or two later!! (Also that I wasn't supposed to go through Gulf War I in Iraq at 30,000 feet of altitude, fighting every single Infantry, Artillery and SAM site along the way ;P Though honestly flying at 200 feet, killing a couple patrol units (if you even bump into them) accomplishing your mission and going home is very boring... you don't get no silver star and standard issue purple heart (gosh did I go through a lot of those) for it either like limping home with half your instruments out, fuel leak, pilot wounded and your helicopter insisting on a chronic stuttering limp diagonally downwards does :D)

To be clear- the church doesn't control the north-western continent. The deal with spry's texier is for the overrun fiefdoms on the north-central continent (these things really need names...)

: ) kewl map (need better name for the West tho... Helvetia?). You might call my subcontinent Switzerland from now on.

Noble House Naprous has an announcement to make.
Naprous will from now on and evermore be a militant pacifist faction. We declare everlasting neutral peace with all factions except in the case of self defense or against those not recognized by the Empire. However we will remain well armed in case future ambitious capitalist yet partially altruistic projects are interfered with.
After short but intense consideration we have decided to welcome Killgore to E2. The past is past and we have seen no signs in the last few years that their aggression is aimed at Naprous house. However we will continue to support our friends Vanari, Quin, Bossheim, Remillard, Xicier, Thana and others with diplomatic and economic support should they ever come under attack, and in the exception of Vanari we will come to their aid militarily. We will be happy to help supply their two new fiefs with trade in needed imports of food and water for the minor commercial industrial products produced in the current Klorin fiefdom. We have no interest in Eastern lands, except for a small port we will carve out from freedlands to avoid maritime tariffs. We also remind Killgore that the Klorin units will not be available for security. We have purchased all of the Klorin units (which will be leaving by bomber plane the weeks or months before any transfer) but 2 Infantry III units which may leave with Klorin, but should probably be for sale from Klorin at 50% of cost (though these less trained units are at minor risk of possibly defection from the shock of an allegiance swap).
Edit: Actually nvm. Klorin House has decided to not sell one unit and Naprous out of ire will not bother to buy the rest. Klorin has broken it's words once again as its nobles have asked central command to reconsider due to a unique unit in the list we submitted they overviewed and approved and which was included in the cost of course. But this is fine because it is quid pro quo after all since House Naprous decided to let Klorin house off paying 17mf for reclamation rights, at which point Klorin house roundly accused Naprous house of completely breaking the agreement.

Regarding financial matters Naprous desires loans, there is a present credit crunch, so we are willing to borrow money at a return rate of 1 per 7.5mf lent per year. So f. exp. the lender would send 15mf and the borrower would pay bay 17 the next.
For those Houses with a high noblesse rating you can probably borrow from your nobles at 1 per 10 and make a profit this way.

Also, we are proud to announce that the new Naprous lands are a perpetual free economic zone. Any foreign entity is welcome to invest in these lands. Foreign stakes in the free economic zone will never be taxed and neither will the serfs living there! 0% Commercial and Industrial Tax, 0% Income Tax, FOREVER!
(My interest in this is improving their lives and the general economic climate and to see the repair of the useful but abandoned factories in the area and to control immigration, avoiding urban graveyards and seeing arable land remain unsettled.)

Immaculate, can we have a lesson on the culture of the empire? Some Noble houses seem entirely too modern in their worldview?

Also, we are proud to announce that the new Naprous lands are a perpetual free economic zone. Any foreign entity is welcome to invest in these lands. Foreign stakes in the free economic zone will never be taxed and neither will the serfs living there! 0% Commercial and Industrial Tax, 0% Income Tax, FOREVER!
(My interest in this is improving their lives and the general economic climate and to see the repair of the useful but abandoned factories in the area and to control immigration, avoiding urban graveyards and seeing arable land remain unsettled.)

OOC: No tax income? Spending money to improve the lives of the serfs? Oh, your nobles are going to love that. Hope you have a good bodyguard.

Regarding financial matters Naprous desires loans, there is a present credit crunch, so we are willing to borrow money at a return rate of 1 per 7.5mf lent per year. So f. exp. the lender would send 15mf and the borrower would pay bay 17 the next.
For those Houses with a high noblesse rating you can probably borrow from your nobles at 1 per 10 and make a profit this way.

I would like to submit to the community of E2 that House Naprous has gone insane. We will need to take corrective action to remove this infection of Republican thought.

Lord Guy, Fye Clan, The Query

OOC: I have a feeling this will be redacted.

Top Bottom