Imperium Offtopicum XXI Prequel: Destruction of a World

Aye, NC's just having writer's block fancifying the update brief.

Alright, no problem, take your time. Happy to hear it's still alive!

Sorry guys, this isn't the update. It is coming soon, I've just been low on energy recently because of a couple of bad sleeps. Hopefully I will be feeling better soon. I've made huge progress regardless, I have done all of the Americas and almost all of Europe.

In other unrelated news, Sonereal and I are hosting a new game called Stars Without End. Its a really exciting science fiction type game that has a really unique setting and some very unique mechanics, so I highly encourage everyone to think about joinin if they haven't already.

Attention Duellists!

I've been having real trouble with this update and while I'm confident that I'm going to be able to get it out eventually, I don't think I can keep a reliable update schedule, which is pretty bad for a game that was meant to update weekly. No, this isn't because of the game I am co-GMing with Sonereal. That hasn't been anywhere near as big a time sink as IOT XXI so far. The reason why update progress has stalled is because 1) my life has kind of gone off the rails behind the scenes 2) university is really hard 3) the updates take a lot more effort than I initially planned.

Anyway, I figured that I'd leave it up to you guys. Should I continue this game, with the understanding that the update cycle will be horrifically slow and inconsistent? Or should I put the poor boy down?

I of course support number 1, given the framing of the question. I'd prefer having, on my end, a low-intensity IOT I can use to exercise the weird concepts in my mind. I have fun with this game, and a slow update won't detract from said fun.

However, what I really want from you is option 3: take as much time as you need to deal with your life and school, and only dare approach the game when you feel willing and comfortable to continue. I do not want you killing yourself over a forum game. We're not worth the added stress when you have more important things to deal with. There's no rush; take as much time as you need.

We love you Ninja :love:

I of course support number 1, given the framing of the question. I'd prefer having, on my end, a low-intensity IOT I can use to exercise the weird concepts in my mind. I have fun with this game, and a slow update won't detract from said fun.

However, what I really want from you is option 3: take as much time as you need to deal with your life and school, and only dare approach the game when you feel willing and comfortable to continue. I do not want you killing yourself over a forum game. We're not worth the added stress when you have more important things to deal with. There's no rush; take as much time as you need.

We love you Ninja :love:

Thanks. :love:

To be clear, option one in many ways is option three. I'm only going to work on this if I feel like it.

I would love to continue the tales of the lizards....

But its ups to you mate and we will support you on whatever path you take.

Attention Duellists!

I've been having real trouble with this update and while I'm confident that I'm going to be able to get it out eventually, I don't think I can keep a reliable update schedule, which is pretty bad for a game that was meant to update weekly. No, this isn't because of the game I am co-GMing with Sonereal. That hasn't been anywhere near as big a time sink as IOT XXI so far. The reason why update progress has stalled is because 1) my life has kind of gone off the rails behind the scenes 2) university is really hard 3) the updates take a lot more effort than I initially planned.

Anyway, I figured that I'd leave it up to you guys. Should I continue this game, with the understanding that the update cycle will be horrifically slow and inconsistent? Or should I put the poor boy down?

I would like for this game to continue, but you do what you think is best.

I agree with Megan <3

After giving this a lot of thought, I think I have to discontinue this game. I'm really sorry to everyone who has put effort into it, I know that this is disappointing to hear but this game really isn't viable. I really overestimated how much time I have in general and how long it takes to update the game. Also my life is kind of a trainwreck at the moment. Also I'm doing a lot of rolls that doesn't effect the players directly which I feel like is pretty lame. I am not going to give up on GMing, I am planning to release a new game which is actually possible to update in a reasonable timeframe within the constraints of my life. Not sure when that game will be ready. Again I want to apologise for the way that this ended and thank everyone for participating in this game.

Though I am saddened I will not be able to make forth my nation I will state I enjoyed what I have had in this world creation game and that I am honoured to be a player in one of Ninja Cow's works.

Your games are of awe and I look forward to the next!

Top Bottom