Informational: Where should we start the constitution from?

Where should we start our constitution from?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Black_Hole

Deity
Where do we wish to start the constitution from?

The options are:

DG1 Ruleset
DG2 Ruleset
DG3 Ruleset
DG4 Ruleset
DG5 Ruleset
Start All Over
Other
Abstain

Discussion

Now I know there are many proposals flying around, however those are not included because all of them are not entire constitutions, but ideas about certain areas of the constitution and gameplay. These can easily fit into any choice above.

Note: This poll closes in 5 days.

We should start with the DG1 ruleset.

am waiting to vote because I dont know much about any of any of them and I dont really have time to read them right now. I am waiting to see all the reasons people have too.

Demogame 1's or 2's Consitution.

DG2 had the best Articles. That's why we based DG4 on it. Not enough people helped in putting DG4's together, so too many people found fault in it. Sorry, donsig. I know you know I don't care for DG3's Constitution (or lack thereof). DG5's was passable, but very lacking and unfinished.

BTW, the DG1 Constitution was modified and upgraded to meet the needs of the people and became the Constitution for DG2. So the DG1 and DG2 Constitution can be seen as the same thing. Unless you can find a copy of the one the Duck drew up. THAT'S really hard to do.

Honestly - use the format from DG3, and simplify it farther.

Create a ruleset that uses simple, clear language to state the role of each office. Give each office flexibility to create their own procedures, but require them to be posted by the end of the first week of each term.

Example (using current setup)

President: The President the overall leader of the DG. They are the default DP, lead discussions on any area not covered by another leader and coordinate worker activities.

Domestic Minister: The Domestic Minister handles many of the internal affairs. They control all cities not within a province. They control the movement of settlers. They control the slider, and must approve all cash expenditures. They lead discussions on provincial boundaries and on city placement.

Defense Minister: The Defense Minister handles all military matters. They control the movement of all units except settlers and workers. They plan and coordinate all conflicts. They lead discussions on military matters.

Science Minister: The Science Minister handles all science-related matters. They control the technology queue. They lead discussions on the direction our scientists should take.

Governor: A Governor controls the cities within a province, meaning they set the build queues, labor allocation and land improvement priority within that province

The language is simple, clear and direct. The focus is on the duties of each position, not the details. Some of the stuff we've got right now is way, WAY to complicated. (DG2, DG4 especially). It shouldn't be that way.

Of all the previous rulesets, the closest one to this is DG3, with DG5 being next. We take one of them, clean the language, add and modifications we think, and run with it.

-- Ravensfire

well im split between DG2 and 3, they both have good language, its just that im not sure whether we want a sctrict constitution(DG2) or leniant one(DG3)...

Well, like the man said... You can have a comprehensive Constitution that might be a little more structure than some people want, or you can have a vague Constitution and be at the mercy of the Judges who will need to interpret it.

I'm new to the DemoGame and don't think that I should be making this decision....so I abstained. How often should I check these forums? daily, every other day, or weekly?

Welcome Tubby Rower. Please check in when YOU feel it's appropriate. Discussion can last 2-3 days or 2-3 weeks, so playing catch-up isn't too hard. If you only check in once a week, you might miss some important topics discussion-wise, but you'll be able to read them. 'Course this games almost over and we're trying to get the next one lined up, so if you read all the back pages in the different sub-forums (citizens, government, and polls, maybe even the RPG) you'll be pretty busy, but you'll be well informed. ;) Naaaahh, that's too much reading...

Top Bottom