Invisibility on temp summons: bonus or penalty?

phizuol

Warlord
I noticed some summons like the Djinn and Mistform have invisibility. Is this supposed to be something good? The only effect I see is that your summon will be ignored on the defense so you can't use it to guard any of your units. I'm not even sure it would be helpful with the Summoner trait because wouldn't you prefer your temporary units get attacked rather than the ones that won't be disappearing in a few turns anyway?

If it's just for flavor I guess that's a good thing, but it makes those summons only half as useful as others. It makes sense on the Mistform as hidden nationality is very abusable, but for the poor Djinn it seems to gimp him.

Djinni are not invisible.

Mistforms are more importantly HN. They are typically used more for destroying improvements of civs with whom you are not yet at war than actual fighting.

I wasn't aware that Mistforms (or any summon) could pillage? That would be quite interesting.

I was 99% positive that the Djinn I summoned last night "Can not be seen by most units" or something like that. I'll have to double check.

If you own Nox Noctis then that message will appear on all units you own while they are within your territory, with the exception of units that have cast Reveal.

If you own Nox Noctis then that message will appear on all units you own while they are within your territory, with the exception of units that have cast Reveal.

Ok, then that's probably what happened. My mistake. I guess I can ease my depression. Heh.

Top Bottom