IOT: Great Journeys [Sign-ups and OOC]

9: Can I have something like ships building new ones out of enemy scrap as a research tech, or do ships only work in the framework provided at the start, with no extra addons allowed?

10: We have five initial ship points for free? Or do we have to pay for those, but are limited to 5 on turn one? If its the later, than can I buy a point of hull and get 10 extra points for my ship on turn one?

11: Are there any advantages to being small (speed, range, etc) or does bigger hull = better reguardless

12: Can I design my own navigator fleets or trade fleets, or do they have preset stats, with the rest being fluff?

13: How limited or unlimited am I on projects? Anything I want?

14: Do we already have jumpgates in our starting systems? Are they our unique type?

15: Is there a set cost per jumpgate or is that determined purely by RP?

16: If I throw 100 points of manpower into something that costs 2, would the extra manpower just go further and better, or do nothing? Can I give orders for wat people who find themselves thusly unemployed can do?

17: Do you generate ship stats based on RP, or do we make both?

18: How wierd can I get with my arsenal? Computer viruses? Overcharge the enemy generator? Extradimensional space bats? Does it have to fit the catagory of balisitc(missile)/energy/projectile?

Sorry if these are obvious, but please answer them...

1. You do have basic designs to start, I just neglected to actually put those up... silly me.
2. All ships must have at least 1 of each, there's also the "limiter" stats, such as hull.
3. Well, a ship can't very well talk to the fleet without any kind of communications hub in general. Theoretically speaking you don't need it... but adding in one point in every design helps you a lot more than subtracting it for something else. But yes, a high-communications-rated ship can handle the entire fleet and will probably be designated as the Capital ship as it only makes sense.
4. Synthetics have to actually build more units and of course I'll have everyone have the infrastructure needed for that in the home system, but stuff like this you kind of have to just do it by ear. Send some MP over to make more this year and see what happens the following.if you like the results, keep that dynamic. If not, change it accordingly.
5. Correct, there is no set conversion. It is based on generally how many you send, the infrastructure of the planet, the equipment, etc. Keep in mind that neither infrastructure nor equipment is especially tangible-- basically, what I'm saying is that the more resources you poor into obtaining more resources, the more net resources you'll get. Generally speaking anyway. There will be times when a planet reaches its limit on how much infrastructure fits on it.
6. Everything, from building, to sustaining population, to raising fleets and armies... literally, everything.
7. I'm going to try to get all the default technologies up soon. They just have to be balanced the correct way so that people cant just spam it and start out with megasuperawesome stuff and don't utterly fall into the dark ages in space.
8. Nope.
9. It is possible to scavenge to make repairs or reverse engineer technology, but not add its unique components on the spot.
10. The more I think about this the more I am in favor of just letting everyone have an excess of 5 points to put into whatever they want just so we don't have carbon copies everywhere for the first turns. Anyone in favor?
11. More points to spend elsewhere. You can be small and then have really good engines/weapons. But keep in mind a megadeathcannon cannot fit on a pint-sized ship. you'll need to increase the size to fit more components on it. Or you can do what I want you to do and have several classes of sizes, each one built with a specific goal in mind. Literally build different units, in other words.
12. There is not too much diversity when it comes to those, but personalizing them will get you something extra. This I promise.
13. Within your technological barriers, which when I get all the default techs up should be evident... If not, I can tell you now: You're not gonna be building death stars and Halo tings right off the bat. Ever play Mass Effect? Or Halo? Think of those as a basis for what you're starting out with.
14. You do, whether they are your unique type depends on whether you have one. You do, so indeed they are. I'll allow for everyone to convert them to their "sepcial" jumpgates for free to preserve fairness, but that's about the only freebee I'ma give.
15. There is a set cost per basic gate. Unique gates get an added cost depending on what their unique feature is.
16. Well nothing will ever cost 2, but for sake of answering: It depends. However, there is rarely a case where a project wont need more than the manpower of a system can feasibly can put out in one turn, with the exception of developing fleet blueprints. Those are set, you need not send more than required.
17. Stats are purely mechanical, but due to some peoples' concerns and roleplay I'm thinking exactly how I can broaden the spectrum if you will regarding fleets. For now, all the stats are not effected by roleplay. Roleplay can just add extra stuff. Say you want a tractor beam for example; this is not detailed in the stats, so you may make a roleplay post regarding it and you may or may not find it accessible, but it'll probably also need research based on it.
18. If you're talking about WMD...

Go crazy. But only go crazy when you have the technology you think needed to back it up, and I'll tell you if you can feasibly do it or generally how far off you are.

I've got a question: When it says "resources required for population sustainment", is that just the bare minimum to keep everyone alive, or is that enough resources for reasonable population growth?

Minimum to keep everyone alive, yes.

I has question:

The two unit types are 'land' and 'spaceships', but does land include surface navies and atmospheric aircraft?

Yyyup

How much more is in indeterminant.

Tank You for answering! Unfortunatly I have more confusion, sorry.
8.1: Do biosphere resources still give me better research or are they utterly meaningless for synthetics?
Well nothing will ever cost 2,
Ummm.... Infantry costs 1/8 manpower per point (+ resources)
For manpower economies, it costs 3 units of every resource, sans Element 0, per stat. 1 manpower must be assigned to work on it for every 8 points.
and ships cost 1/3 manpower per point
For manpower systems, you must provide 5 units of every resource sans Element 0 for each point, and 1 manpower must be assigned to work on it for every 3 points. 5 units of element 0 allocated to this gives 2 points.
6.1: So for a manpower economy, I must assign a certain amount of resource for everything, not just a certain amount of manpower? Or do resources self assign?
19: Can I bank resources?
20: If not, what happens to unspent ones?
4.1: We have infrastructure in our home planet, what about our starting colonies?
21: If I move manpower through a jump gate, can I have it do something immediatly once there, or does moving take a manpower's entire turn?

Tank You for answering! Unfortunatly I have more confusion, sorry.
8.1: Do biosphere resources still give me better research or are they utterly meaningless for synthetics?
Ummm.... Infantry costs 1/8 manpower per point (+ resources)

and ships cost 1/3 manpower per point

Well those are ship designs. It's highly unlikely you'll be putting 1-2 manpower if you want a decent design.

6.1: So for a manpower economy, I must assign a certain amount of resource for everything, not just a certain amount of manpower? Or do resources self assign?
19: Can I bank resources?
20: If not, what happens to unspent ones?
4.1: We have infrastructure in our home planet, what about our starting colonies?
21: If I move manpower through a jump gate, can I have it do something immediatly once there, or does moving take a manpower's entire turn?
[/quote
In order;
It is likely you'll need several turns of investment to get your research and projects done, so yes, you will have to allocate resources directly.
Yes.
You can bank so question irrelevant.
They are more limited, only having basic neccessities.
Transporting depends on your technology. With current technology, yes, it takes a turn for them to be moved and ready for operation.

I've got a question. Do we have to build ships that transport goods planet to planet, or is that just done automagically?

Yeah, you can just retrofit trade ships. Won't cost much more than regular trade ships if they do at all.

Wow, this whole system looks a bit too complicated for me. Add that to me being in more than a few other games and I've decided to drop this one. Sorry.

Yeah, you can just retrofit trade ships. Won't cost much more than regular trade ships if they do at all.

What I mean is, do we get trade ships at the start or do we have to build them.

The stats are unclear on if we have resources that are harvested at all per turn. All I see is the amount I have on hand right now. Is there any resource income yet, or do we need to establish that from the beginning?

What you do this turn dictates your income in following turns. They probably won't be this high in other words, excepting Monetary and Manpower points.

Question: How much does transport ships and navigator ships cost? Do they have similar stats to military ships?

Huh, I neglected to put that in the stats didn't I. I'll have costs for both up later today.

Top Bottom