• yes

Votes: 19 3.2%
  • no

Votes: 508 85.4%
  • maybe

Votes: 68 11.4%

• Total voters
You suck.

BTW, they announced a new civ called Civ VI, with Sid Meier as the leader (Agg/Phi/Ind/Chm/Imp/Pro/Fin/Spi/Org/Exp/Sea/Cre/???), Invisible Death Squad as the UU replacing Warrior, and Cloning Machine as the UB replacing Aqueducts. :lol:

Thats the problem they left the historical setting and went for fantasy.:cry:

The Scenarios​

Afterworld

A scenario designed by Firaxis's Tim McCracken featuring a Science fiction/horror theme where a team of "Gravebringers" are sent to a world inhabited by human robots to retrieve research. In this squad based tactical scenario the player must fight against zombies and the undead. Besides being a X-Com styled thriller this scenario is unusual in that it does not contain many defining aspects of Civilization like: leaders, cities and technologies.

Fall from Heaven

The premiere fantasy mod for Civilization IV, featuring a completely revamped tech tree, over a dozen new civilizations, and wonders, buildings and units never seen in Civ before. Conquer a world of mysticism and magic, commanding hordes of Undead, wizened Magi or righteous Paladins towards ultimate victory.

Next War

A futuristic sci-fi scenario with clone armies and mechanized units set in 2050's.

Superrobo

A scenario in which the first civilization to find and collect the parts to a giant mysterious robot that crashed on Earth wins.

What the hell is this? I don't want to play with this stupid giant robots and clone army crap. :mad: They are betraying what made Civilization a great game: history. I want a historical game, not a science-fiction, so I agree with you and am disapointed with a lot of their choices.

However, I will still get this game. The new civilizations, leaders, units and buildings as well as the other scenarios will make sure of that.

I do not stand alone 2 yeses!!!:thumbsup:

View Poll Results: Is BtS a let down?
yes 2 1.22%
no 139 84.76%
maybe 23 14.02%

:crazyeye:

ill admit the fantasy side doesnt appeal, but so what. Im not going to purposly play that scenario just so i can say they raped me sideways selling the game to me. there are 11 other scenarios to play.

I withhold voting until I play the game.

How can we know if bts IS a 'major let down' until we know for sure exactly what bts is? That would take, like, a ninja.... :)

Anyway, no vote for me until I've played the thing.

The Ninja :ninja:

It never hurts to speculate. Personally, I don't care about the scenarios. I didn't play any Fantastic Worlds scnearios -- I only wanted the updated executable to play mods. I played one or two in Conquests before going back to the (heavily modded) main game. I didn't play any of the scenarios in Warlords. I just want improvements to the main game!

However, it does look like BtS has far more such improvements than Warlords did, so I'm feeling confident that this will be another good exapnsion like Conquests, not a worthless one like Play the World / Warlords.

I don't see it as a major letdown. I'm just a miffed that a good chunk of what is supposedly new is something that was in Civ before and should have never been removed in the first place!

I'm more excited about what the modders will do than the core Civ experience.

How can we know if bts IS a 'major let down' until we know for sure exactly what bts is? That would take, like, a ninja.... :)

Anyway, no vote for me until I've played the thing.

The Ninja :ninja:
I think The Navy Seal meant more like "Will BtS be a let down", that's at least what I understood it to be.

Would have been nice if BTS also came with the editor for Civilization 4.

Well theLopez was working on one then all of a sudden he disappeard, several weeks later BtS was anouced. :hmm:

I must ask, do you plan on buying Beyond the Sword? regardless of this poll?

Clearly Civilization is more addictive than mear mortals can describe. You think its a let down for you, but are still going to buy it :p

Pumped for late additions added late to the game where memory taxed ruins begin to settle around time periods roughly the same ? Nope. I hope all ya'll gettin excited there at least plan for the big letdown. I suggest you recheck in to the Civ3 C+C forums and start getting acquainted again:D

Me, I look forward to being provin wrong, but really I think this baby is going to bomb. The features are cool the foundations are flawed. Next! .....Thank god! next is Civ5!!!!

ADD: I don't like obvious polls that are their only to pad the praise but what the heck, for the Seal I give 4th and hmm mybe final vote? ;)

Come on, T.A, you are a well known 4-knocker. :lol:

Seems like I recall a thread named "the end of Civ 4 is Civ 3 revisited"... that wouldn't be a bad thing in some ways.

All T.A.'s posts run as if they are a rap...they take some reading, but often hold nuggets of truth, even though he only posts on the Civ IV forum to say how much better CIV III is...;) ....some parts of Civ Iv did go backwards, most went forwards..

Top Bottom