Is Lady GaGa the best pop musician of the 2000's?

Is Lady GaGa the best pop musician since 2000?

• Total voters
Pop music isn't about good lyrics, it's about catchy tunes.
That makes me wonder whether it's 'Art' or just 'Entertainment'. I generally dislike pop, except for a few figures such as Michael Jackson.
No. I hate Pop in general (Execpt for Never Gonna Give You Up, and it it's not because it's good...), but i seem to ESPECALLY hate her. I'd rather die than go to a concert. Countless Gym classes in the Dancing (Yes, my school is pathetic like that, having Dancing as a unit. Please don't laugh) unit have been ruined (Not like they were good to begin with) due to her music.
Hey, Rick Astley is great ;).

In English atleast... I guess? Mabe Gwen or that Portuguese-Canadian whose name I forgotten.

This decade has been very poor, and we have yetto see Lady GaGa's best, which should come in this decade. Hopefully the Tectonic style will develope and mature this decade for some good hits as well.

In English atleast... I guess? Mabe Gwen or that Portuguese-Canadian whose name I forgotten.

This decade has been very poor, and we have yetto see Lady GaGa's best, which should come in this decade. Hopefully the Tectonic style will develope and mature this decade for some good hits as well.
Yes, this decade has been very poor, but it doesn't mean tha Lady GaGa is any good.

Top 40 really is all crap. It amazes me. I've actually listened to 1/4 of a top 40 show during a long car ride and every single song was terrible. :undecide:

The only one I've heard this year that's halfway decent is that one that goes "what do you want from me?". It's a little whiny (but what "alternative" male group or soloist isn't these days?) and he's clearly trying to sound like the Chilli peppers (musically, not lyrically or vocally :ack: ).

Found it

Eh, no.

Oh man, I forgot about Nelly Furtado, Lady Gaga is a fly covered pile of horse crap by comparison.

Probably my favorite "pop" track of the 00's :

Link to video.

but she's actually got at least a dozen other quality tracks displaying a wide range of ability.

Is lady gaga really a musician? Can she actually play an instrument? It's debatable whether or not she's even a singer. I may be mistaken, but I don't believe she's actually produced any of her own songs. Most pop artists don't. They sing a few lines (the producers often cut and paste for the rest of the song) and then they leave, with the producers doing the rest.

It really depends on how you define pop-music, but I think these would be ranked higher.
Coldplay
Norah Jones
Avril Lavigne
Rihanna
Pink
Nelly Furtado
Black Eyed Peas
Shakira
Justin Timberlake
Beyoncé

She plays the piano, as she did on the Brits performance I mentioned. I don't see how it could be debatable that she's a singer, whether or not one likes her singing.

With stuff like autotune and the further digitization of music, I wouldn't be too surprised if "musicians" who couldn't sing or play an instrument started releasing albums in the near future (and maybe some already have?).

The studios are interested in a marketable image. If, due to technology, this means that the person doesn't necessarily have to have any musical skills, this expands their base of potential "artists" that they can make money with. Their main concern is maximized profits, so eventually they will go down this route.

Already we are seeing more and more "artists" lipsyncing at live events - something that is becoming more and more accepted in the industry. It's all about the image, really, musical skills be damned.

Top Bottom