Is Sweden too overpowering?

Burial Tombs don't erase base unhappiness, do they? I thought it was only population unhappiness.

Anyway, I just crushed Sweden recently, so I'm going to go with not overpowered.

Burial Tombs don't erase base unhappiness, do they? I thought it was only population unhappiness.

Anyway, I just crushed Sweden recently, so I'm going to go with not overpowered.

a city is 3 unhappiness and 1 pop is 1 unhapiness = 4

temple = 4 happiness with religion and UB

But you will not get the full 4 unless you hit 4 pop which means 7 unhappiness.

Actually we all know the reason why ICS works in GAK right? It's not because of burial tombs, it's because of ceremonial burials working in tandem with liberty and order cancelling out the base -3. If I could get my hands on that I might as well say oh look Songhai is OP, both mosques are OP, Islam is OP, UA is so OP for adding to their bulk, Large is OP. :lol:

Burial tombs aren't part of the Colosseum-style line of happiness providers. Tombs are temple replacements, their bonus is Global AFAIK, not local, and so is the +2 addition from the belief. I could be wrong; I tried to do this recently and got as far as 8 cities before running out of space, but I already had like a 40 happy surplus between my buffed temples and ceremonial burial.

I do like Songhai with their no maintenance temples too; compared to Egypt you can make them +2 happy +4 culture +2 faith instead of +4 happy +2 culture +2 faith.

If only there was a belief to add +2 happiness to libraries! I would go insane with China.

I haven't played as Sweden myself, but every game I play with them in it, they don't grow beyond 3 cities the whole game and get absolutely crushed by everyone else. Of course, this is just my experiences and not necessarily indicative of them in totality. But I don't see them as overpowered in the way that the Austrian DM/coup murder spam combination can be.

I've had experience with this recently. I can can confirm: Burial Tombs / belief buildings are indeed local. You can make up your :( cost per city through luxuries / meritocracy / order / ceremonial burial ;)

But anyone can do that. I was just double checking that it was indeed local. In other words, Egypt has no inherent advantage in going wide (quite a big advantage too considering the change in game mechanics).

Futurist join a Civ 5 Group. Better games in multi than any public server. Try the traditional two major ones "No Quitters" or "Civ Players" NQ is the one I personally use

Nah, everyone already knows how Isabella is overpowered. Roll until you get Great barrier reef, fountin of youth and skilldorado in your capital's borders and BAM!

Ahahaha...I'm pretty sure any civ would be OP with that start...Spain even more so! But question...is it actually possible to get Natural Wonders in capital's borders w/o moving settler? Never had it happen and I have played a lot.

If anything Sweden always seems to be at the bottom of the scoreboard on my games (offline).

Arab double luxuries is very strong in 2vs2 and 3vs3. Camel Archers are the strongest and most overpowered unit in the whole game, destroying anything without the slightest chance until riflemen.

Hit&Run, lot stronger range damage than crossbowmen, so much melee strength that they can hold their own (and beat) against everything until riflemen. No penalty vs Spearmen, Pikemen, Lancers. (for whatever reason)

These guys are impossible to beat and will win everytime in the hands of a competent player.

As for Spain, you only need 1 Wonder anywhere near you and you have religion enhanced by turn 40 while building 10 cities in that time...

I've had experience with this recently. I can can confirm: Burial Tombs / belief buildings are indeed local. You can make up your :( cost per city through luxuries / meritocracy / order / ceremonial burial ;)

The belief requires pop. of 5 before it gives the +2 effect. I'm not sure if you need to pop to get the two building-tied happiness, but I was under the impression that only Colosseum etc. was under that burden. That was what made Egypt good (that an no maintenance).

Arab double luxuries is very strong in 2vs2 and 3vs3. Camel Archers are the strongest and most overpowered unit in the whole game, destroying anything without the slightest chance until riflemen.

Hit&Run, lot stronger range damage than crossbowmen, so much melee strength that they can hold their own (and beat) against everything until riflemen. No penalty vs Spearmen, Pikemen, Lancers. (for whatever reason)

These guys are impossible to beat and will win everytime in the hands of a competent player.

As for Spain, you only need 1 Wonder anywhere near you and you have religion enhanced by turn 40 while building 10 cities in that time...

Kehik's own Camel Archers. But the Bazaar more than makes up for it, so Arabia as a whole gets the nod.

I dont think its Egypt thats OP.....its happiness from religion. Any civ that gets the right religious beliefs can ICS to its hearts content.

As for sweden, I was in the camp that just thought they were weird, however their UA is sneaky good.

Gifting the great people are worth it...they allow you to ally any city state without using gold, then maintain the relationship with quests/spys. This means you can use your gold to build and maintain a large army and warmonger to your hearts content. Warmongering, plus full patronage will supply you with all the GP you need to own all the city states. GP from Faith is just the icing on the cake if you get a religion.

I dont know if theyre over power, they take a lot of work to setup cities as GP generators...you have to know what youre doing...but if you do...you can own the maps at high lvl.

But you will not get the full 4 unless you hit 4 pop which means 7 unhappiness.

Correction: You won't get the +2 happiness from the religion until that city has at least 5 pop, those 5 pop are following the religion and it's the dominate religion in the city. Until that point the burial tomb will only have its base 2 happiness. So you'd have a total of 8 unhappiness 3 base + 5 pop to get the 4 happiness from the burial tombs, leaving you needing another 4 to make it happiness neutral.

OP what? i'm quite lost here <_<

But i've gone to the AI's Civfanatics forum once, they was making threads about how human's grey matter is really overpowered.

Ahahaha...I'm pretty sure any civ would be OP with that start...Spain even more so! But question...is it actually possible to get Natural Wonders in capital's borders w/o moving settler? Never had it happen and I have played a lot.

Nah, just making a laugh, like most guys in this thread :lol:.

Top Bottom