Is there a required order for wonders?

Eusebius

Warlord
Playing this mod for the first time. I have 3 cities, Aesthetics, Literature. None of my cities will let me build wonders except for the statue of Zeus. If I build the SoZ, then another of my cities will let me build The Parthenon (but not the other two cities). For some reason, I can't build Great Library Shew Paya, or National Epic. I have the techs. What's going on?

Thanks!:confused:

You might be missing a needed/required resource, Or required city size, Or required number of cities.

JosEPh

In vanilla National Epic requires that a unit have enough promotions before it can be built. It may be the same here.

45°38'N-13°47'E;11887579 said:
Shouldn't hovering the mouse over the wonders icons in the city screen tell you what's necessary to build those wonders? :mischief:

That's what I'm thinking. It doesn't show anything I'm missing--and I'm a veteran enough civ player to get the regular stuff. It feels like something specific to this mod.

Could it be that you need a certain level of population to build things in New Dawn?

There was quite a bit of core C2C enhancements back ported to AND before Afforess gave the Mod over to the New Team headed up by jtanner28. In C2C some later wonders iirc required a pop lvl of 6 or a # of cities built.

Would need to look into the xml to see for sure.

JosEPh

That's what I'm thinking. It doesn't show anything I'm missing--and I'm a veteran enough civ player to get the regular stuff. It feels like something specific to this mod.

Could it be that you need a certain level of population to build things in New Dawn?

SoZ can be built only in the holy city by a great prophet. Parthenon requires state religion present in the city you want to build it in. Great Library and National Epic, both require library in the city you want to build them in.
A savegame could help. Can you upload your save so that I can have a look? And which version of AND are we talking about? AND2 is the only one supported now.

@eusebius

AND has a few bugs here and there. i guess you should try the latest svn build instead of the main download link.

in any case, if your using version 2.0.2beta, before you start a game theres a tick box for "unlimited wonders". that should solve your prob. on the choose map/civ screen thingy.

45°38'N-13°47'E;11889339 said:
SoZ can be built only in the holy city by a great prophet. Parthenon requires state religion present in the city you want to build it in. Great Library and National Epic, both require library in the city you want to build them in.
A savegame could help. Can you upload your save so that I can have a look? And which version of AND are we talking about? AND2 is the only one supported now.

Sure, it's in this attachment. Thanks!

Oh, and if you are looking for things to fix, you might want to check the naval combat strengths. Ship of the Line and Ironclad are weaker than Frigate. Battleship and Destroyer are the same.

E.

Attachments

• Mike BC-0475.zip
    329.6 KB · Views: 49
Sure, it's in this attachment. Thanks!

Oh, and if you are looking for things to fix, you might want to check the naval combat strengths. Ship of the Line and Ironclad are weaker than Frigate. Battleship and Destroyer are the same.

E.

Hmm, it just occurred to me that I should mention that the mod I'm playing is "Dawn of the Overlords". I'm really not sure what the provenance is on this particular mod. I was just looking to ask a general question about New Dawn.

A New Dawn (AND) and New Dawn are 2 entirely different Mods as is Dawn of the Overlords.

Afforess created AND, Adrian created New Dawn, and I forgot the name of who created Dawn of the Overlords, 3 different modders.

As to what and where they got ideas or "bits and pieces" from is hard to say.

But if you're playing DotO then maybe your original question should maybe be addressed in that subforum?

JosEPh :)

Top Bottom