Israel, Philistines and Biblical Civilizations

XML.
It's ok, the uncommenting part I figured out about ;)

Tell me another thing though. I have an idea now - to add a unit, based on the template of an existing unit. In terms of graphics it doesn't mean too much - switch the description, switch the avatar and the picture. \
I do not know, however, how to add/incorporate it into a general tree, so it'll be recognizable by all the game entities.

Can you explain that to me?

Now we're starting on modding...

This (the) modding guide will give you an idea as to how to use modbuddy. From there, it would be a case of adding a new unitclass, and then adding a new unit. Copy these from different mods if you get stuck.

Now we're starting on modding...

This (the) modding guide will give you an idea as to how to use modbuddy. From there, it would be a case of adding a new unitclass, and then adding a new unit. Copy these from different mods if you get stuck.

Sort of moding :) The only difference is I do not wish to create something of my own. I only want to modify his. He has a royal marine there, which is extremely well designed and I want the same unit to be available to my civ, only with a different name and avatars...So as far as I understand I only need to copy it completely, switch the name and somehow (don't know that part yet) to add it into main mod file...

Sort of moding :) The only difference is I do not wish to create something of my own. I only want to modify his. He has a royal marine there, which is extremely well designed and I want the same unit to be available to my civ, only with a different name and avatars...So as far as I understand I only need to copy it completely, switch the name and somehow (don't know that part yet) to add it into main mod file...

2 options:

1. You can be lazy and just set the Royal Marine as a unique for the civ you want. This won't change the tags or art, however.

2. Copy the entry for the Royal Marine unit, but alter its <Type> slightly, and change all the TXT_KEY tags. Then, you will need to add entries to the <Language_en_US> table for these new tags (the modding guide might help there). Then, just set this new unit as a unique for the civ.

2 options:

1. You can be lazy and just set the Royal Marine as a unique for the civ you want. This won't change the tags or art, however.

2. Copy the entry for the Royal Marine unit, but alter its <Type> slightly, and change all the TXT_KEY tags. Then, you will need to add entries to the <Language_en_US> table for these new tags (the modding guide might help there). Then, just set this new unit as a unique for the civ.
That much I have figured out by now as well. What I still don't understand is how I get the game (or in this case the main mod file) to treat my custom unit as one of his.
For example: this guy has a folder, named "amphibious", which contains "royal marine" folder, which, in turn, contains all the royal marine files (fog1)

Now, if I copy the folder and than rename it to "my custom specop" (so I'd have both new and original units) and I change everywhere inside the main XML "royal_marine to "my_custom_specop", how the main file would know, that it should actually pull the data from this file (I believe, I need to place some sort of entry/pointer somewhere)(fig2)

I also want to place it in a different folder, since my "custom" unit shouldn't be amphibious...I want to have the resemblance of his other units (fig3)

Another thing I have yet to understand is all the .dds files. Wild guess: 2 of them are the image avatars-for civilopedia and for a game user menu. Those I want to switch with my own images...
But what are the other 3? And why the actual image size is inconsistent with the declared one? He has there "Icon_Unit...128", which is only 64 kbs

If you want to start adding new files, like models or .dds files, then you'll need to make your own mod in modbuddy. The modding guide should take you through the basics.
If you search the internet, you'll find a list of the required atlas sizes for the unit icon and flag. The number (128, 80, ect) refers to the canvas size, not the file size. Someone's made some template atlases that you can use - search for that too.
In order to edit the art, you'll need to download GIMP or photoshop.
Also, pro tip: If you're editing another mod don't rename files or folders - it will probably cause issues.
Good luck!

(You should also probably start a new thread for this - people might think that Leugi's alive at this rate)

True...
Thanks for all your help, mate
I've already successfully switched the .dds files and found out which entries need to be added to main modfile to handle the replicated folder

Hi, I have been running into an issue with israel in combination with the Community core patch with civ 4 diplomacy options, I get crashes when I discover a policy. It works fine on vanilla, so I know its probably a conflict, but I thought I would ask in case anyone has a known fix.

Hi, I have been running into an issue with israel in combination with the Community core patch with civ 4 diplomacy options, I get crashes when I discover a policy. It works fine on vanilla, so I know its probably a conflict, but I thought I would ask in case anyone has a known fix.

Well, Leuigi's MIA, so I wouldn't get too hopeful.

If you post your logs then I might be able to take a look at it.

I think I may have resolved it, I deleted the incompatibilities folder in the mod directory and unsubscribed to a couple of older mods I don't really need anymore and don't get crashes anymore, so whatever the conflict was I may have worked it out.

Thanks though, if it comes up again I'll post my logs

hello, I'm a newbie here . I really enjoy this civ but I can't get this to work with the regular game soundtrack. Can someone please help me out?

Give CulDiv a shot; the new soundtrack might override whatever the problem is...

Hey, I just wanted to point out that in the .modinfo file, the mod id for the 'Yet (not) Another Earth Map Packs' in the reference tag is incorrect. It should be

<Mod id="36e88483-48fe-4545-b85f-bafc50dde315" minversion="0" maxversion="999" title="Yet (not) Another Earth Map Packs" />

not

<Mod id="36e88483-48fe-4545-b85f-bafc50dde31" minversion="0" maxversion="999" title="Yet (not) Another Earth Map Packs" />

I'm fluent in both English and Hebrew so I can help with translations if you still need

Someone was already asking this earlier in the thread but I'm having this problem too, where the Israel's theme music plays once when I start playing and after it's done no usual themes start playing. Instead there always plays the music of the leader I last spoke to. Is this intentional?

I'm playing with ynaemp so maybe it could be that too. This didn't happen in my last game in ynaemp with Brazil though.

Someone was already asking this earlier in the thread but I'm having this problem too, where the Israel's theme music plays once when I start playing and after it's done no usual themes start playing. Instead there always plays the music of the leader I last spoke to. Is this intentional?

I'm playing with ynaemp so maybe it could be that too. This didn't happen in my last game in ynaemp with Brazil though.

Mod list and logs?

Mod list and logs?
Hi, thanks for reply and sorry for it taking me a few days. Modlist
Spoiler Here: :

(1) Community Patch (v 88)
(BNW) Leugi's Israel Civilization (v 7)
[BNW] Colonialist Legacies - Kulin (v 1)
[BNW] Colonialist Legacies - Nigeria (v 3)
[BNW] Colonialist Legacies - Phillipine Republic (v 2)
[BNW] Colonialist Legacies - The Boers (v 1)
[BNW] Colonialist Legacies - The Wabanaki (v 1)
Colonialist Legacies YnAEMP Compatibility Patch (v 1)
Colored Religions (v 3)
Dynamic Culture Overview (v 6)
Enlightenment Era (v 6)
Faster Aircraft Animations (v 3)
FlagPromotions (v 7)
Hypereon's Finland (Mannerheim) (v 4)
infoaddict__v_22
JFD's The Empire of Germany (Hitler) (v 9)
JFD's The Empire of Japan (Meiji) (v 1)
JFD's The Russian Federation (v 2)
JFD's The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland (v 5)
Krajzen's Buffs Collection (v 1)
MC's Polynesian Civilisation Pack (v 3)
More Great Works (v 1)
Promotions - Ancient Ruins Choice (v 2)
Quick Turns (v 10)
reform_and_rule__bnw___v_25
Burmese Civilization
Sukritact's Events and Decisions (v 3)
Sukritact's Sami Civilization (v 3)
UI - Religion Spread (v 13)
Yet (not) Another Earth Maps Pack (v 24)
YnAEMP DLL Leader fix for BNW (v 2)
Ynaemp Leaders for City States (v 3)

Logs coming..
..Like This?

Attachments

• Database.log.txt
    34.6 KB · Views: 168
  • Lua.log.txt
    95.8 KB · Views: 194
  • xml.log.txt
    11 KB · Views: 147
Last edited:
Yep! Don't know if I'll be much help but hopefully someone will be.

Top Bottom