Israeli and the flottila, the poll

What's your geographical location and view on this?

• I'm from USA, the Israeli were completly right to board

Votes: 15 10.1%
  • I'm from USA, the Israeli had the right to board, it would have been better not to

Votes: 13 8.8%
  • I'm from USA, the Israeli had no right to board.

Votes: 27 18.2%
  • I'm from Israel, the Israeli were completly right to board

Votes: 3 2.0%
  • I'm from Israel, the Israeli had the right to board, it would have been better not to

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • I'm from Israel, the Israeli had no right to board.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm muslim, the Israeli were completly right to board

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I'm from muslim, the Israeli had the right to board, it would have been better not to

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm from muslim, the Israeli had no right to board.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I'm from Europe, the Israeli were completly right to board

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I'm from Europe, the Israeli had the right to board, it would have been better not to

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I'm from Europe, the Israeli had no right to board.

Votes: 31 20.9%
  • I'm from somewhere else, the Israeli were completly right to board

Votes: 7 4.7%
  • I'm from somewhere else, the Israeli had the right to board, it would have been better not to

Votes: 6 4.1%
  • I'm from somewhere else, the Israeli had no right to board.

Votes: 15 10.1%
  • Other

Votes: 7 4.7%

• Total voters
I do not see how the current situation is mostly made by Israel. And I really do not understand why Palestinians are asked so little. If the rest of the world is to be a possible solution in the conflict then treating Israel little more fairly and not blaming them for current situation would be a good start.
Because there's nothing actually wrong with Israel's 1967 borders.

And because if the conflict had been a little less lopsided, Israel would have been forced to release the Palestinian territories at about the time of the First Intifada, as should have been done.

And because Israel has over-betted on military solutions instead of finding a political one.

And because Israel has been seen doing this.

Because there's nothing actually wrong with Israel's 1967 borders.

And because if the conflict had been a little less lopsided, Israel would have been forced to release the Palestinian territories at about the time of the First Intifada, as should have been done.

And because Israel has over-betted on military solutions instead of finding a political one.

And because Israel has been seen doing this.

I guess starting with the location of the Western Wall and continuing with the attempts at Camp David and with the Road Map to Peace, this is where we disagree.

I guess starting with the location of the Western Wall and continuing with the attempts at Camp David and with the Road Map to Peace, this is where we disagree.
I'm in favour of a negotiated peace and a two state solution. So are you apparently. It seems a basic difference might be that I think Israel's pre-67 borders etc. are outside the scope of any such negotiations, but nothing else. Don't quite know where you're at.

I'm in favour of a negotiated peace and a two state solution. So are you apparently. It seems a basic difference might be that I think Israel's pre-67 borders etc. are outside the scope of any such negotiations, but nothing else. Don't quite know where you're at.

Pretty much.

I am saying that the fact that Israel was condemned by the UNHRC but not Sudan is nothing but a consequence of discrimination, in this case antisemitism. That does not mean that everyone who condemns the blockade is antisemite, just the people who condemn it but fail to condemn a freakin' genocide happening not that far away.

I also question the motivation of people who are willing to engage the IDF in their bizarre urge to help the Palestinians while ignoring far poorer and more oppressed people not that far away.

Is that simple enough for you to understand?

So if I follow your reasoning, Israel does not recognize the Armenian Genocide should be seen as "ant-armenianism" feeling among the Jewish people and not just a decision taken because of political reasons? right?
I don't know why every criticism of Israel is antisemitism (even when done by Israeli or jewish people form the Diaspora) but not every criticism of the Palestinian racism against arabs or arabophbia?

Then why did the Palestinians elect the Hamas, when they weren't under blockade or Israeli occupation, back in 2007?

They had no reason to "defend themselves" because there was nothing to defend against, there was peace with Israel.
(Except for rocket attacks against Israel by the Hamas, kidnapping of soldiers, and Israeli responses to these offensive actions).

Last time I checked the news, Israel is occupying the WB since 1967, which is the reason why the Palestinians are defending themselves etc etc etc. And Palestinian elected Hamas for the same reasons Israeli has a nut ethnic clener scumm as Lieberman as Secretary of State, every one is going nuts in this region. One part are electing Hamas, the other are electing Israel Beiitunou

I don't know why every criticism of Israel is antisemitism (even when done by Israeli or jewish people form the Diaspora) but not every criticism of the Palestinian racism against arabs or arabophbia?

Agreed. My criticism of Israel has nothing to do with religion. I would hazard to guess that this is likewise for the vast majority of the people criticizing them as well.

Top Bottom