It hurts to not pay attention

Sigvardt

Chieftain
I just nuked myself. I wanted to move a nuke to a biggest science/gold city. I was a bit too fast and clicked nuke and then my city:cry:

Last save is like 40 turns old :/

Edit:
(Last save was infact 61 turns old)

Moderator Action: Moved to General Discussion. The_J

HAHAHA!

Last game I totally forgot to build railroads....didn't notice until I was working on spaceship parts. But yours is worse :)

You don't use auto-saves? I believe the option is even turned on by default.

In case that maybe you never noticed, in the Load Game screen, there's a small checkbox named "autosaves", check it to see if there's a recent one.

I've traded away everything I have in return for Monty making peace with my CityStates by accident in the past.

I just finished a game as Genghis, immortal/standard/fractal. I was on a continent with 5 others, while Gandhi was on a continent with Bismark. I ended up dominating the other 5 civs (except their last city) while Gandhi completely erased Germany...

He then went on the rocket ship ride up the scoreboard and gold (like 500 a turn), as I worked to get to modern weapons for the intercontinental invasion. He buys up all the city states except a couple I still controlled. He declares and suddenly I have like 10 CS's with all their squares packed with units declare on me.

So now I have a whole pile fires to put out across the continent, in fact I lose a couple puppets (no big deal). It's late now and I'm tired so I save and come back in the morning. Next day, I fire up the save, see end turn.. hit return...

YOU HAVE BEEN DEFEATED...

i'm like wtf? I reload the save and look to see a cannon and a 1hp infantry that had come around a big mountain range from a CS 15 tiles away that pecked my capitol to (1 turn away from) death.

While setting up for a final invasion I used a nuke to attack the capitol but I clicked it early and nuked my own elite units I had ready for the invasion. Due to the number of units lost and turns to get reinforcements the AI was able to make a last stand counterattack prolonging the game that much longer.

I do not have auto-save on.

In the future I will be more careful around nukes:lol:

I was playing a modern era game and had just obtained GDR. I gifted three of then to a city-state ally, along with some modern tanks, and paid my rival to declare war on them. The cs was doing well until my rival flanked them and was going to hit them from the undefended rear. I was like crap because this cs was my main buffer... I then proceded to even the odds... With a nuke. Though I wiped out 5 elite units I accidentally got fallout in one bit of ally cs territory. They then declare war and mount an offensive against my new city, with rockets they somehow aqquired.

Did it give you the We can have nukes achievement?

I just nuked myself. I wanted to move a nuke to a biggest science/gold city. I was a bit too fast and clicked nuke and then my city:cry:

Last save is like 40 turns old :/

Edit:
(Last save was infact 61 turns old)

Moderator Action: Moved to General Discussion. The_J

Been watching too much Blackadders' A Christmas Carol perhaps? Because that is exactly the same strategy employed by Baldrick. It didn't work for him, either.

I truly and sincerely hope you never get to be the president of the US...

Haha, I remember screwing up like this in Civ 4. I didn't nuke myself, but I did manage - while trying to do some spy operations in an enemy city - to gift my spy to the enemy civ.

In Civ 5, I've misjudged the blast radius of a nuke and taken out a sizeable chunk of my own invasion force.

Something that bugs me a bit, is I think that I clicked on a unit and try to give it orders. It turns out that I didn't click on at the right time or click on it correctly. So I give it orders, but it turns out the previous unit that I had selected gets the orders. This is especially bad when the unit I accidentally gave the wrong orders to is on the front lines of a war.

i'm like wtf? I reload the save and look to see a cannon and a 1hp infantry that had come around a big mountain range from a CS 15 tiles away that pecked my capitol to (1 turn away from) death.

Quick Combat. <3

Top Bottom