It wont get past init engine please help.

settler114

Chieftain
:cry: Ive been crying for the last 45 minutes and it wont get past init engine.So I went to my other comp.Didnt respond halfway through installation help!:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Try the Civ4 BtS Bugs forum. Give the full specification of your computer(s).
I assume you have an original disk ? It could, I suppose, be faulty.

Try the Civ4 BtS Bugs forum. Give the full specification of your computer(s).
I assume you have an original disk ? It could, I suppose, be faulty.
I installed every version of directx changed the screen resoution and changed the color bit where do I find driveid???:confused:

Try a complete, absolutely complete, uninstallation of Civ4, Warlords (if you have it), and BtS. Then reinstall from scratch.
With BtS reinstalled, go to "Advanced" on the first screen and select "check for updates" which will take you to patch 3.13. After that, I strongly recommend you to install Bhruic's unofficial patch (see the sticky thread in this forum, first post).

Try a complete, absolutely complete, uninstallation of Civ4, Warlords (if you have it), and BtS. Then reinstall from scratch.
With BtS reinstalled, go to "Advanced" on the first screen and select "check for updates" which will take you to patch 3.13. After that, I strongly recommend you to install Bhruic's unofficial patch (see the sticky thread in this forum, first post).
I dont have warlords.:(
:badcomp:

You are much more likely to get help during the weekdays since ppl like to browse the forums from work :crazyeye:

Yeah, I would uninstall and reinstall your games. Also, is you truy own the game, there is no harm in downloading a torrent as a digital back up and using that to install/play the game. It might also contain a crack to allow you to play without the CD. As that may also be the problem.

You can't uninstall what you don't have! So just uninstall BtS if it is already installed, uninstall original (vanilla) civ4, then reinstall civ4. IMPORTANT NOTE: YOU NEED PATCH 1.61 BEFORE INSTALLING PATCH 1.74, SO DOWNLOAD THIS THEN INSTALL BEYOND THE SWORD, WHICH WILL INSTALL 1.74 AUTOMATICALLY. Then install 3.13 path from in-game Advanced>Check for Updates. Hope it works! :wavey:

Top Bottom