It would be better to bump enemy naval units to water tiles instead to destroy them

Feanor777

Zaphod Beeblebrox
It would be better to bump enemy naval units to water tiles instead to destroy them.When you attack enemy city and there is no more ground units to defend it,it would be better to bump enemy units to water tiles instead to destroy them with just one unit.How to do that?

Personally I disagree. I like the fact that if an enemy is complacent enough to let me attack a city with ships in port the ships are lost, and vice versa. the only thing I would change is instead of destroying those ships I would like the option to capture them. The same goes for air units.

You don't destroy them, the crews scuttle the ships to avoid you capturing them.

I thought the ships just relocate instantly to a nearby city.

I thought the ships just relocate instantly to a nearby city.

Ships and aircraft in a city die instantly if it is captured.

My destroyer blocked a Byzantine city with 10 caravels in it yesterday. Then I captured the city with an amphibious assault. I don't think I would have liked suddenly owning 10 extra caravels. Units cost money, so I would have deleted them anyway if that 'capture ships' function was available. Now if they brought back that Civ 3 concept of gaining some hammers whenever you disbanded a unit in a city, then I would not mind. You could build your first new building from the wood of the captured ships!

Maybe i mix would be a good thing. Say a certain percentage of Ships/Aircraft are destroyed instantly and the rest manages to escape. The percentage could be influenced by air superiority and naval blockade.

Why would you mind anyway? It does not cost you anything to disband them and you can keep those that are useful. I would also like the option to capture them.
It's unclear to me why they removed the hammer bonus when disbanding units. It was in CIV2 as well IIRC.

Top Bottom