I've joined the Army

Good luck in your endeavours!

And the advice by everyone about not volunteering. Can't stress that often enough. Oh and cowardice is the better part of valor, since you might be assigned to a dangerous place. Don't do anything heroic.

superisis said:
Though I doubt I'll go to the middle east (Sweden does have some units in Africa IIRC).
Well, Sweden is in Afghanistan. And just recently it took it's first fatality there (from a roadside bomb).

Since it's the extremely elite and secretive Särskilda skyddsgruppen (SSG) it hasn't been talked about much - they were providing protection for British recon units posted to Mazar-i-Sharif.

The outcome is that Sweden is increasing the number of troops. It's going to be a couple of hundred, but nothing as hardcore as SSG.

So you just might be going to Afghanistan. (Though I think they will ask you to volunteer.)

cool, I didn't know we had forces there (I'm sure Goran Persson likes it that way..)

piece of wisdom passed down from my old SGT when i was going through my Q course.

when the shooting starts,
DUCK, get cover, piss your pants and RETURN FIRE.

I spent time in Bosnia and i can tell you that firefights, last a milisecond, you dont have time to think. Act and react. NEVER volunteer, and my list of ppl to keep on yer good side, cook, supply sgt, and chaplain.

Oh also, MRE's arent. They are 3 lies in one. Good luck brother HOOAH!!

oh also keep this in mind. I tink it is a quote from Patton.
In war your job is not to die for your country, your job is to make some other poor bugger die for his!

Homie said:
You're a Swede and you're living in Rome? Whats the deal with that?

well, inside the EU we have this thing called Shengen... which allows us to live wherever we please within the union.

Though actually live in Connecticut.

storealex said:
I still have to do four months basic training along with drafties, but after that I'll be given special training, which will also grant me a drivers license and better payment.

So you'll be known as lillealex for four months (scourged, thrashed and mentally abused).

;)

Good Luck with all your goinngs, keep it up and take care of yourself! :salute:
And keep us posted! ;)

:wavey:

thetrooper said:
Good luck!

I hope you enjoy it. I did not, but I was forced to.

same here, good look to you. don't let them get to you
I wish more people here would sign up voluntarily, maybe they'd then stop conscription :mischief:

WildFire said:
Whereabouts?

a crappy place called Middletown (if you know CT you should be able to figure out where).

I made a thread about this before, but I can't seem to find it. Anyway, to morrow I'll be in the Danish Army, so goodbye and thanks for the discussions.

Good fortune to CFC in the future.

Welcome to the brotherhood. What will your MOS/Job be?

:salute: Have fun at bootcamp!

Just a suggestion, but if your drill instructor ever asks the platoon if there is anyone who hasn't been personally, individually thrashed (physically punished with exercises), and you haven't been...do NOT raise your hand. Just sit there and look stupid. I raised my hand because I hadn't yet been and spent the next 40 minutes on the quarterdeck doing mountain climbers.:wallbash:

Ah the old climbing the mountian on the QD :D

Help the dumb recruits/privates, help the weak ones too. If your out of shape put a bit of passion and drive into your PT. Listen to your instructors and NCO's, ask questions, take notes. Soldiering is serious business, take it seriously.

Back
Top Bottom